Why was pick changed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by C3lowz, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Galdous Augur

The pick was changed after the server stability issues and even with the pick changes every xpansion opening will have server stabilities. Do not see the pick changes having any change to it.
  2. Machentoo Augur

IF this is true, then we are all screwed when LDON hits and any 3 toons can create an instance. There will be way more instances at all times than there ever were with pickzones before the changes.
  3. Brurus Journeyman

Source?

Because RadarX said on page 1 of this discussion .....
  4. Ghubuk Augur

Unfortunately, because of the lock mechanism, this is exactly what it created
  5. Minpire Augur

It will drive item prices up, therefore Kronos will go up in sales and people.

People looking for fun and on TLP true box, have fun trying to level past the PLVL groups.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

That gets said a lot on the forums but there's no proof. I doubt it is really the reason.
  7. Mowens Elder

Actually, the proof is in the pudding! The server has been up for about 15 days now, when before it was crashing every day or two, it has not crashed since the first few days of planes of power release. Luclin it was crashing constantly.
  8. Brurus Journeyman

This is called confirmation bias.
    They posted (on the first page of this thread) exactly why they made this change. I don't think they could have been any more clear. Although, I could be wrong, it could be work of the Illuminati and a massive conspiracy, and the devs are just lying to us. But lets not derail.
    Even if it was true, that this change was made to make it easier on daybreaks hardware, it would still be a bad decision. Picks directly contribute to the success phinny has,and currently experiences and this change has altered them in such a negative way that almost eliminate them in all but a few zones, some of the time.
    It was a bad change and it needs to be undone.
  9. Stormblossom Elder

At the very least an alternate way of regulating pick closes needs to be come up with so they are free to open more. My friends and I had a 5 person high 30s low 40s group. We planned to go CoM until we discovered that despite only 9 people in zone other than us, the two PLing groups had every mob that was not red as blood to us pulled and trying to enter would have been suicidal.
  10. bodes Augur

No I don't. Nexus regularly had that many without crashing. Bazaar's 600 person limitation was discovered and fixed (I referenced this earlier as an example of how phinny is pushing population limits more than any server has before) but once /bazaar was fixed it easily supported 700+ traders with 100+ players walking around.
  11. Zanarnar Augur

Your wrong though. The reason is clearly stated. Also understand on live servers WAY more instances are created then the few that were closed due to this change. ALL the progression on modern EQ is done in instances.

They could have lied and said this change was for stability; and it would be an easy out for them to shift the blame for why this was done. Nope the one post explaining their reasoning states quite clearly they did this to keep people from having picks to themselves/their group.

In that light; its probably the dumbest thing they've done this month.

(The bazaar limit was on the number of traders. Likely something hard-coded into the client for memory reasons (which is why we had things like the global model limit too). 600 was likely a high-enough number that they figured it wouldn't be hit often and until phini it was a minor issue. This server is popular no doubt; but just due to the way content is designed in these eras, the number of running instances is pretty low compared to what were are about to run into... LDON where every group will be running their own instances)
  12. Galleyan Augur

This made me laugh. I like you.
    [IMG]
  13. Draekon Elder

Yep they are bleeding people with this change, amazing they havent done some way to fix it. Just lowering zone threshold seems like an easy fix without removing this dumb change. All the casual tears in this thread, their bread n butter. Guess they have to start the bleeding prior to the new TLP, like they did on ragefire with the march launch of velious but phinigel opening prior.
  14. Old Man Elder

Make Picks o_O
  15. Stormblossom Elder

At the very least consider an alternative pick structure for Phin to avoid premature death of the low level ranges.
  16. Seiffil Lorekeeper

While I still dislike the pick changes, could the spam message be changed to spam maybe once every minute or two, rather than every 2 seconds while you're in the locked pick.
  17. Machentoo Augur

With this, the pick changes overall, the crashing bug, etc, sometimes I swear that Everquest is really just a psychology experiment dreamed up by some sadistic university professor somewhere to see how much bs reasonable people will put up with if you heap it on, bit by bit, more and more, slowly over time. I bet they cannot believe the experiment is still running and people are still subjecting themselves to this stuff 18 years later.
  18. Mhad Lorekeeper

Phinny this, Phinny that... You guys do know that there are other servers other than your own right? These /pick changes effect everyone and need to be addressed for everyone, not just you guys on Phinny.

As it stands now, any zone that gets a secondary/pick effectively creates a hassle free afk farm zone for those that enter prior to it locking. Happens in all TLP servers. But, as usual, DBG's implementation is lackluster and, as stated earlier, has created what they said the changes were to correct. Fully implement the changes OR change it back for everyone.
  19. Mowens Elder

Yes, but Phinigel is by far the most populated server and should be treated accordingly.
  20. nagash101 Augur

have they posted anything about rolling back the pick changes or maybe altering them a bit? Any post by the devs at all on the pick changes?