whitened treat fist vs bare fists for monk

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cymru, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Alikat Lorekeeper

I'm a little late, but think I saw some posts earlier in the thread saying the VP 2hb staff should beat monk epic fists in dps. I won it mid way through kunark on cornaiv and can confirm it does *not* outperform epic dps, its damage is a good bit lower.

However the 16/22 fist in main hand with a dot aug did outdps dual epic fists by a slim margin.

In velious, pretty much any of the monk raid weapons in main hand + epic offhand is best. I had tunare, primal, and wurmslayer fists, no combination of them beat epic offhand, but any of them mainhand beat dual epic fists.
    Risiko likes this.
  2. Risiko Augur

Thanks. Good to know.
  3. Moranis Augur

1. SoS x 2 is your best "purchasable" DPS, although, SoS (main) and Bare Fist (off) is within a couple % of that.
    2. After epic, you don't get a better weapon until Fangs of Vyzh'dra in Luclin. You could make an argument, maybe, that Gharn's rock (from Vulak in SoV) or Fists of Nature (Tunare) is better in mainhand for the stats, proc, and aug...but Epic is still your second best possible offhand (to Fangs) until PoP. I parsed Fist of Nature / Epic with Epic / Epic and the values were pretty close IIRC.
    3. I do not believe the delay is different between races (at all) and especially don't believe it's different with epic.
  4. Magic Augur

A bit confused here about monk weapons :)

Some ppl says epic fists best dps till Luclin, some says any velious weapon better..

Also i can't believe Bo Staff of Trorsmang 42/35 not outdps fists :( If so monks after epic no need any weapon for 2 expansions to upgrade theair dps? Not fun get keys/raiding if nothing good you can get in Kunark/Velious to upgrade your dps..
  5. Guzzle Augur

Damage bonus against high AC mobs w/ MotM is significant. As such, main hand gharns and fist of nature should out-parse epic fist.

Your off hand doesn't get damage bonus, nor do bare fists. As such, ratio is always king in offhand.

Now, after Luclin drops, you'll always be chasing ratio because everything high end will have better ratio than epic.

2 handers are a tough thing to quantify. They're the best in the future for burns, such as when using one hundred fists or speed focus along with destructive force.. but their ratio before becoming amazing over 2 one handed weapons has a high break point. I'm not exactly sure when that is, but a lot of it is also RNG. A bad string of misses hurts 2 hand far more than dual wield.
    potatoface likes this.
  6. Typucm Elder

As Mangler will hit Luclin soon, have question about monk weapons again :)
    Seems Fangs of Vyzh`dra is best for primary? (not big upgrade from Gharn's Rock of Smashing I think) also Glowing Mithril Ulak with 17/20 better Ghrans 16/19?
    As secondary not have damage bonus any weapon better fists in Luclin?

I cant find any good 2H from Luclin, only
    Caen's Bo Staff of Fury (43/30) and this is not big upgrade from Abashi Vulak 2H.

I am a bit confused here, about weapons, I hoped in Luclin monks will have some really good upgrades but seems not :(