whitened treat fist vs bare fists for monk

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cymru, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Kattahn Elder

This has all best tested recently on test server, and lines up with what we're seeing on TLP, so i believe these numbers are correct for live and TLP
  2. Kattahn Elder

Is this the case on boss mobs too?

From what ive seen, dmg bonus does not get affected by the 40% mitigation, which means low delay for boss mobs should yield a higher DPS.
  3. Raynard Augur

I would believe that, since a percent mitigation is probably part of the same modifier as the innate dmg mod. In that case, you'd be right to value low delay over ratio.

We could include that directly in the comparison as well. Could someone double check the hits graph for a long boss fight and tell me what the most frequent hit values where? Include what weapons you used.
  4. Kattahn Elder

I'm not sure if i have logging turned on for the computer i play my monk box on, but I'll check when I get home and if I do ill run it through gamparse.
  5. Kalamurv Journeyman

The dmg proc was adding just shy of 2 dps @131 dex...parses were all roughly 1.5 hours
  6. cymru Lorekeeper

so... Now what?
  7. lockjaws Augur

3 dmg bonus is like OMG!
  8. Raynard Augur

The damage bonus reduction represents a significant nerf to 1h weapons in the mainhand at low levels. That means better ratio weapons are more likely to be the better choice for mainhand as well now. It also means 2h weapons might be a better option now.
  9. iMugatu Elder

Most of our usable 2h's are also nerfed. VP 2h dropped 7 damage bonus.
  10. Raynard Augur

Fixed
  11. lockjaws Augur

Has anyone run parses for bare fists vs sky dropped fists?
    I have a 70dmg proc in one which I feel is a solid addition to using weapons instead of empty hands (plus advloot is so unkind when auto looting fine steel maces and crap).
  12. taliefer Augur

the 70 damage proc (whic is also a stun, so it has good agro. up to you if you want that) is 2.33 dps. thats assuming 255 dex, which isnt really feasible at this point.
    lockjaws likes this.
  13. lockjaws Augur

If only Monks had a semi-decent way, every 10 seconds or so, to drop aggro without much-if-any drop in DPS....
  14. lockjaws Augur

Let's see where we are at after the patch
  15. Iove Elder

sorry for necroposting, but have some questions :)

As Mangler will open Kunark soon and im not played Monk in kunark era..

So my questions :)
    1) Before i get epic best dps weapon (i can buy) is Tranquil Staff or Stave of Shielding x2?
    2) After epic its not really any weapon i need to use? Or some 2H will win in dps?
    3) If Epic is change fists to 23/26 do i need to change race to iksar? (i think humans have better dps by fists, if not here no reason to stay humans, and i not really like iskars)

Sorry again for necroposting, please help if you know answers and have some time :)
  16. Aegir Augur

Stave of Shieldings have a particular higher drop-rate than Tranquil Staff, however, both items drops in the areas where you need to camp the 2 Kunark Epic Quest Metal Pipes..

So, depending on how many Skeletal Warlord PH's you can lock down while camping pawbuster - you might get lucky and pick up the Tranquil Staff. But else, I'd go with 2x SoS's.

You can pick up a high dmg 2hb for Riposte disc dps, but you'll be mainly using your Epic Fists through Kunark.

Epic Fists stats are the same if you're Human or Iksar - I actually think they removed that penalty to Iksars from the normal h2h table as well. It still applies to P99 though.

You will basically use H2H weapons as main DPS until Gates of Discord, (Segmented Staff of Ceremony + 2h Aug from either Tunat or Miragul LDoN raid, gives 2hb an era of glory. )
  17. Shandi New Member

This thread FD'd for almost 4 years
    Risiko likes this.
  18. Iove Elder

Thanks for answers!

On agnarr i saw really top tier monk and it was human, but seems no really reason to stay a human anymore? :(
  19. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Belly buttons and eye patches.
  20. JooJooFlop Trainer of Trainers

Very convenient origin point in Freeport.