What are the needed changes in current day EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I agree aside from there's no need to sell it as a CE of that expansion but sell the items themselves. No one with any sense is going to pay $90+ for the "fun stuff" from content that is several years old when we all already have all of the expansions up to TDS for free.
  2. fransisco Augur

A clickthrough players menu option!
  3. Aurastrider Augur

I agree except for expansions like ROF where you need the collectors to do the special collections from the expansion and with them no longer autogranting the keyrings when expansions unlock this would allow people to unlock the keyrings for all toons on their account instead of buying for each individual. They could make the collectors upgrade like 40 bucks per expansion or do a bundle pack for say 200 unlocking all previous collectors. People paid that much for that golden ornament crap a couple years back when they introduced the tipsy gnome race so I am sure some people would be willing to fork over 200 bucks without an issue while others might just need specific collectors that they missed. However they would decide to do it though would be a win for both sides imo and I cant believe they have not considered doing this since they have mastered making money on recycled material.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. slayerofbats Augur

Game needs a new UI that looks like modern MMOs, a main menu you can get by pressing escape that has options and stuff on it instead of that windows window... and should make a better tutorial.
    Caell likes this.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

They should make a tutorial option for people that make heroic characters also. There is nothing like a level 85 toon running around and not knowing how to use the in game find or map feature.
    Chatoyan, Nniki, Caell and 1 other person like this.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I was hoping for each item to be sold individually but that might not be a bad idea. Just hard to get people to shell out $20-$50 for old stuff when you can get people to spend $5 all day long generally speaking.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

I would be happy either way if I can get stuff from expansions I missed when I was in college and had to take a break from gaming. Lord knows I am one of the people that would spend the money on countless useless items considering how much I spent on LON crap when that was around. I think they are missing out on a lot of potential money from the market place all around. Maybe they should have a premium area where free DB cash cant be used if they fear people will just save up their free cash for certain items and they are basically out tons of money pushing things into the market. I know some might object to this since the free cash is a perk of being a paying member but myself would not mind something like this if it gave us more options for things like old expansion items, new mounts, illusions and all that other jazz.
    Caell and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. smash Augur

Heroic chars should be raised to 95 or 100. Its a long time since they came in and max level has increased a lot since they came.

Today coming as new player and make heroic is not good, if wanna play eith friends who are 105. When you have a friend with that is that then it is like dragging deadweight.
    Chatoyan and fransisco like this.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

If we are just considering levels and not the massive amount of AA's its not really much difference in terms of levels from when they were released. HC's were introduced during COTF and the level cap was 100 which in reality was not all that long ago but I don't object to a level increase. I would like to stipulate though that anyone who makes said new HC and asks some of the most basic things covered in the tutorial loses their general chat privileges and is banished to the tutorial zone as a level 1 and must complete every quest there before they can exit or engage with the population again. They really need to encourage new and returning players to do the tutorial. It not only keeps them from asking questions that are fairly well covered but it also provides them with so much useful information that imo vastly improves gameplay.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It makes more sense to put the items rewarded for loyalty on the loyalty vendor.
    svann likes this.
  11. fransisco Augur

Most heroic characters are not new players, but someone who wants to make a new character.
    It feels like a boring job gearing up a lvl 85 character.
    Upping the level to 95/100 would be significant. It would also lower the barrier for people to come back.
    There won't be such a slog where you are a dead weight. Its not only exp you need, but a full set of gear and augments (which would be replaced again at 105 anyways)
  12. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

It does but it doesn't make business sense and no matter whether we like it or not CN is going to want to get as much out of EQ as they can so my suggestions are based on that need for revenue to be generated.
    Sokon likes this.
  13. segap Augur

And will people still pay $100 for a Collector's Edition expansion if they know the special trinket it includes will be available in six months for $5? The allure of special, limited availability items has a lot of power to get people to make irrational purchases from a marketing perspective. The idea to make those items available takes away that marketing concept. It also burns the people that paid a lot for said limited time items. It's possible that long term revenue from doing so might be more than short term revenue, but that's on their number crunchers to determine.
    Questoften32 likes this.
  14. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Obviously there would need to be limits on what goes in and when for it to work. I'm not talking about currently available stuff. I mean stuff from many years ago up to TBM as of now and then EOK when it goes "into the vault" or whatever they call it.

They'd have to charge more for newer stuff but say I wanted something from SOF or SOD and they were willing to sell it for $5. I'd hop on that several times with all the accounts I have.

There's no reason to nitpick this concept to death. Use common sense and think of it from a business perspective.
    Aurastrider and Questoften32 like this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Perhaps they would do better to make all the "CE" items be sold this way, right off the bat. Then they might make more money off of people like me, who've never bought a CE (in 17 years x 3 accounts), because we could then pick and choose which items are worthwhile to us.

I'd be really curious as to what the ratio is between CE sales and regular edition sales.

Oh yeah, also this: "And will people still pay $100 for a Collector's Edition expansion if they know the special trinket it includes will be available in six months for $5?" But you're comparing the one expansion that's current now, vs. over 20 other expansions which are no longer available (in the CE edition). I gotta believe they'll make more from the renewed sales of the other 20 that what they would lose from the one current expansion.

And a final word.... there is a time value to it. If you pay $100 now, and use the items for a year, you've benefited for that year, until the items are available piecemeal.

And to even refine it further, make the piecemeal price add up to more than the deal for the CE. Solves that problem. And everything doesn't have to be $5. Some items are obviously more worthwhile than others.

Tat
    Aurastrider and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Frozenbullet New Member

Please stop nerfing the piss out of the game. The game is for the people and for some reason all you do is break people’s hearts when you do. EQ is a very personal game. It took a lot of time to make the toons we do.
    Introduce a few zones with the classic EQ feel. Corpse runs etc to add some difficulty back into the game.
    Try to simplify the game some for players returning.
    Devs keep up the awesome work! You guys rock!
    Sokon and Questoften32 like this.
  17. divirgmar Lorekeeper

I would like monster summoning fixed. it is good up till crescent reach- and then every zone begets a lame wolf model that is usually only done in PoK. All the monsters do not act like monsters summonings up to crescent reach expansion. it is supposed to be the best elemental for the level- training mages how to fight with each elemental at each level with benefits and hinderences- making it a constant learning experience. Fire elemental in a group? hey its the best we got at this level, therefore have to deal and learn. Monster summoning was the nice break inbetween, using all armor, and armaments and jewelry and muzzles with RNG surprise core ability from all elementals Oh! this one roots!, oh! this one has a DS, oh! this goblin stuns. fun fun.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I would also like monster summoning fixed. Nothing that isn't a named, in a dungeon/raid, or part of some special triggered encounter should summon. It's just stupid, and prevents classes which don't revolve around melee from soloing in all but a few select areas.

Sorry to hijack your post, but it's my single most hated "feature" of EQ.
  19. Questoften32 Augur

Don't limit vet at all.

Its tied to the player and account age, it should not reflect limited characters.

At the very least it should be re-enabled or per server, which dose not make much sense ether it being tied to account, but its better is better than the current set up.
  20. Austinite New Member

Would love to see some options within the Target window...

1) show only spells cast by me
    2) show only spells cast by my group
    3) show only beneficial spells
    4) show only detrimental spells

Would be extremely helpful.
    :)
    Metanis likes this.