What are the needed changes in current day EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Rokkeb Journeyman

You keep calling other MMO's bad copies of EQ even though you have admitted not having any real experience playing them. Saying you played once doesn't give you any real expectation for what the game has. Just like you couldn't install EQ play the tutorial and know for sure the game isn't for you.

And even having said that, you still keep asking for systems these other "bad copies of EQ" have in their games. You trash WoW, then ask to copy WoW.

Why don't you try Guild Wars 2, if you large scale PVP. That's what their WVW pvp system is about.

As for you and the other guy calling out everyone else saying EQ doesn't work with pvp, because we clearly don't know anything about PVP. I was around and entered into best of the best prelims rogue match. I didn't win my server but I was there and fought. I also was active for quite sometime on Vallon Zek. The 3 tiered faction based pvp server. My guild ran multiple pvp events, and the thing that was true then, and far more true now, after 20+ more expansions is this:
    EverQuest is not balanced for PVP, small scale or large scale. It never was, and it never will be. PVP was an idea they entertained in the beginning of the game development, that was more or less completely abandoned by the time they got to their 4th expansion. And now you're asking an investment firm to cater their giant game, to your desire, when you could just go find a game that is based around pvp and play that instead.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Maedhros like this.
  2. Rokkeb Journeyman

Then go play a game that's built and balanced for that. Guild Wars 2 has WvW which sounds exactly like what you're looking for. EQ is not a pvp game.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Rokkeb Journeyman

The main reason is that you build a playerbase willing to spend $5 on extra things, which to many is not much and very worth it. Look at WoW mini pets for example. People eat those things up at 5$. Now look at their mounts, coming in at 25 dollars. Far less people have the special mounts than they do the special pets, even those who have 100 dollars in pets, may look at the cost of 25 for a mount and decide it's not worth it for having a simple cosmetic difference. (Because at this point in WoW, everyone has easy access to many mounts that fly/run as fast as the purchased ones).

And then you can pump out small 5 dollar transactions here and there. The idea being you get a much more steady and reliable income with the small purchasers who look at 5 dollars as expendable, rather than the people who have to really think about the value of a larger purchase.
  4. asfasfasfasf Augur

GW2 is boring and has terrible combat, and there are no games that work like what I suggested. And EQ could be balanced better if they put some effort into it.
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I sure hope you do yourself a favor next time and read more thoroughly before you post.
    Because i did nothing of what you said.
    Even in the post you quoted, IF you would read that, you'd see that i am not for PvP at all.
    And i mean: AT ALL.

Direct your post to someone that argued FOR PvP, not me, ok?
  6. svann Augur

It would be nice if we could drop an item in our bank and it would add to the stack already there just like it does in our personal inventory. If I get another smudged fine runic palimony parsimonious sortilege sheet, id like to not have to look through all the other stacks of sheets to find the right stack to put it in.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

It already does that, so not sure what you are asking for.
    svann and Jumbur like this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It does? how???

Edit: OMG I just discovered "autobank", I have been manually sorting my tradeskill itmes by hand for years!

Which brings me to a slight pet-peeve: DBG is lousy to document all those all those "quality of life" changes, if you somehow miss the patch-notes from when they were introduced...

The description for autobank is just "place it in the first available open bank slot". It never occurred to me it would be placed in the correct stack. :oops:
  9. Rokkeb Journeyman

Sorry I clearly quoted the wrong post here. Except.. I went back through to try and find one of the guys who was rallying for PVP, and the post I thought I was replying to and I can't find it.

They were talking about how clearly nobody knows about the pvp, cause we don't/haven't ever done it, and that every other MMO is just a bad copy of EQ even though they admit to not putting any time into any of the other MMOs.

I'm going blind, and the EQ boards for some reason with the slim font style, and background color just burns my eyes up. So I was in a hurry to get my replies in then move onto an easier site for me to read. But that's not excuse, I'm sorry.
  10. Bronut Augur

[quote="Sindaiann, post: 3584915,
    I'm done with this back and forth with you.

PS - Queue someone complaining[/quote]

hes done because he did a combine of multiple events so he could have his 195k parse lol.

what a master alchamist raid lasts 1000s?

you did throw the first stone with your "Wtf" gif .

its allright you have allready shown u arent worth my time, thanks for coming and trolling on a post i made, its a real good image you have left behind.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Well, it is a big button that says "auto bank", why would you think it would put stacking items in separate slots? And it has existed for over a decade:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=1&mid=1142431333254614082

and that isn't even the patch it was introduced, just when it was fixed since it was bugged for some people.
  12. Sindaiann Augur

Guess you don't raid EOK - that is the Prince event.

Learn how to quote properly, jesus.

I suppose you ignored these era specific parses in the PM too, or the fact that I apologized for the .gif as it was meant to be a joke and you obviously got upset.

Not trolling at all but I will not let someone say something that is completely untrue based on 2 parses to push your own agenda for whatever reason you have.

Combined: Ritualist of Life on 2016-08-30 in 259sec

Sindaiann
    --- DMG: 53200145 @ 205406 sdps (205406 dps in 259s) [100%]
    ------ Total: 53200145 -- DoT: 30333140 -- DirDmg: 22867005
    ------ Normal rate: 35.3% (60.8% of DMG) -- Critical rate: 64.7% (39.2% of DMG)
    ------ Attempts: 566 -- Hits: 566 -- Misses: 0 -- Defended: 0 -- Accuracy: 100%

Total
    --- DMG: 53200145 @ 205406 sdps (205406 dps in 259s) [100%]

Special: 2: Infusion 6: Staunch 7: Intensity 9: Armor G: Glyph M: Secrets K: Kiss X: Slain $: Saved by DI
    Produced by GamParse v1.5.2.0

Combined: Wither on 2016-08-30 in 778sec

Sindaiann
    --- DMG: 118245387 @ 151986 sdps (151986 dps in 778s) [100%]
    ------ Total: 118245387 -- DoT: 59415664 -- DirDmg: 58829723
    ------ Normal rate: 41.5% (55.1% of DMG) -- Critical rate: 58.5% (44.9% of DMG)
    ------ Attempts: 1459 -- Hits: 1459 -- Misses: 0 -- Defended: 0 -- Accuracy: 100%
    --- DMG to PC: 52733 @70dps
    --- Special: G

Total
    --- DMG: 118245387 @ 151986 sdps (151986 dps in 778s) [100%]
    --- DMG to PC: 52733 @70dps

Special: 2: Infusion 6: Staunch 7: Intensity 9: Armor G: Glyph M: Secrets K: Kiss X: Slain $: Saved by DI
    Produced by GamParse v1.5.2.0
  13. Reval Augur

You probably do a lot of good for the game if you're making calls for recruitment in a guild that's been around as long as crimson tempest. But if you're lashing out at a guy for saying he's server transferred a few times, I think maybe your perspective is wrong. If you apologized for an offensive gif in a PM, it doesn't really do much as you are still projecting the image of trying to attack the guy, and if he suddenly changes his attitude then it's like you "won". There's not going to be a winner on the internet dude.

I was a large support of a guild for 13 years. So much so that I became the leader of it. When this guy came into my guild, sure there were times when people got a bit bothered, but there was so much good that he did. He had great input for strategies on raids. I don't think we would have pulled off tower of rot without him. He was hugely helpful in doing what we could do in arx. He always tried hard on whatever class he played. Perhaps even more importantly, he shared ideas with people in general and really became a member of the community.

Now I know some guilds where you can try to become a member of the community, but really with a large % of the people it's impossible. They have their little group of friends and they'll never play the game with you because that's who they play with and a group only has 6 spots. Those people almost always turn out to be weaker than the people that do the opposite though. I was so glad that the people that were open to grouping now had someone new that played at that level to group with.

I also left the guild I was in at 2 times for a total of 16 months during that 13 year span on a character. Both times, when I left the guild I had recently joined, I left about half the dkp I had earned without having spent it. The goal was never to gear up at all. I still left my warrior with my old guild in case it was needed, but I think it's reasonable to take a break, and that's how I did it, and it was spectacular (not being sarcastic at all). I'll just say it point blank. Meeting new people is important to anyone's development. If you've been in one guild for 15 years, and you've never really experienced any other successful guilds, that's unhealthy. You're not going to be as strong of a player as an equally capable person that has done that. I learned a lot, even the time I did it that was well over 10 years into my development as the character I played. It's important too for your ego to not just always be "the man in charge". Good leaders can also follow.

If you're making gif based attacks at people for changing servers, then to me it shows that you've been in your guild long enough that seeing people basically loot and scoot hurts you a lot. People that honestly do that have hurt me too at times. It sucks when people do that.

But there are also people that I would say are valuable people that have moved around. And I'm glad that people can do that. I'm glad for the exchange of cultures (have you even considered that every server has a culture?) and the exchange of ideas. I'm glad that it keeps the game interesting for people that would sometimes otherwise just be bored.

My hope is that after reading this, you maybe see a bit of my point though, and don't view it as another attack that you have to respond to. I'll again say that if you've been a pillar for your guild for a long time, my hat is off to you for doing that. Good work, and I wish you success. But I also hope that you have personal growth, and have fun with different people. Do what you can so that you don't stagnate. Even if growth can hurt at times, it's great to keep growing.

That said, it would be great allow people to group cross server for free. Open this thing up. Make cross server instances a thing already. That solves so many problems, and is suuuuuch a quality of life improvement. It's insane how much better access to every player in the game vs just one server's worth of players would make this game. Make it a real MMORPG instead of just a Morpg. God damn.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  14. Sindaiann Augur

Well said.

I can see how the .gif thing got completely blown out of proportion and I am responsible for that. Maybe he hasn't saw the PM yet, so I will say it again. Sorry for that Bronut. Was meant to be funny and was NOT intended to throw any type of disrespect at all.

I then took offense to someone saying things that were untrue based on 2 parses taken out of context and him making comments about me that were extremely short sighted.

I appreciate this response.

Thank you.
    Caell likes this.
  15. Sashnia Elder

Would love it if EQ had good raid logging for all damage and healing done. Its quite disappointing how poor the logging in EQ is, if it was better everyone could accurately parse raids without worrying about who was in range or which dot classes wont show up.

Turn raid logging on and you get all dps/heal data for the raid.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Putting all Vet AA's on the loyalty vendor would be nice, maybe even add the Dragons of Norrath AA's

Maybe also add to the loyalty vendor
    Old pre launch event items - pre expansion quests that were in for a few weeks, ogre illusion (when the frogs moved into Rathe Mountains), rewards from collecting tickets (pre VoA quest), etc
    Old beta items
    Old fanfair items
    Old expansion items, clickies to Brells Rest, faction item modifier Serpent Spine, bags, etc.Basically anything that came with the expansion marked as one character only.
    Teleport to Shards Landing for those who picked the aug, or make the quest repeatable.

Nothing game breaking, just things that players may have missed or would like on a different character than the one they choose to put it on. I've always hated 1 character items.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. segap Augur

Some of those things reward people for having been loyal through the years. Others reward them for participating in beta. Others for paying way too much for an expansion. They're not game breaking, which makes them nice limited time rewards.

Once you start putting those back in to the game in one way or another, you take away from how people earned them to begin with and make them just another me too trinket. They're things that garner loyalty and that should be respected. And, for the record, I have very few of many of those things.
    Questoften32 likes this.
  18. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Would be better if it was put in the Marketplace for reasonable prices per item so they make some money on them while letting people get them that weren't around when they were released or were unable to obtain them at the time.
    Tatanka likes this.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

Just put the old collector editions in the market place so people can purchase them year round to get the expansion specific item. People that already paid for them are not losing out on anything since they have had them are their disposal for years and if others want them they have to pony up the cash just like those who already paid for them. Its a win all around as DBG gets more money off of recycled items and the players get items they want but could not obtain due to either not playing at the time or for financial reasons.
    Nniki, Questoften32, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  20. Brohg Augur

Yourself, your pet (any range), everyone in your group, everyone in your raid. Every mob you/group/raid is agro on. Cutting out the real-time calculation on who gets the info has to more than make up for the increased network traffic.

You want cookies? Whiskey?

Plz Mooncast!