What are the needed changes in current day EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

Raiding:
    1. Increase backflag drops
    2. Increase "blocker drops"

Seen this problem since Demiplane of Blood, especially with blockers.

Races:

I'm not really certain, but adding some interesting content for specific races that have nothing such as:

Dwarf
    Humans

I'm not saying anything huge, but looking at some sort of aspect for those races would go a bit of ways to add some flavor.

Classes:

Priests: Deity Symbol quests something for clickers or unique effects that are done through a simple quest per expansion. It's a class thing that should return, it's very roleplayer intense. Even if it's a simple task.Or finish off the old quests and add some in for Vah Shir.

Cleric: Add iksar as a race

Druid: Epic 2.0 without the restrictions

Warrior: usible Rune Procs for weapons

Tradeskills:

Need new recipes that use Gnome Meat and Halfling Parts.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Vlerg Augur

Server merge?

I don't know the state of other server, but more often than not, on drinal , i'm alone in SW-FM-droga-chardok.

this make progression a bit annoying to do.
  3. code-zero Augur

The desire for server merges seems to come from the memory of zones that were so overpopulated that there were always camps going with people able to rotate in and out but with content so easy that it didn't matter if the people rotating in knew what they were doing.
    Doing the daily kill tasks from Teeks is about the only thing nowadays that could possibly fit the second part but there's too much running around
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

For the Franklin Teeks dailies they need to add the ability for him to port you to the hotzones he has listed like Clayton Teek does for the daily HAs. It would save a ton of time and make him more useful. They also should add daily quests for 100, 105 and 110 just to make it more useful for everyone.
    code-zero and Aurastrider like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Here's my pet peeve:

Druid BP extends form of the white/black wolf by 2 ticks... but not the illusion. So you go to cast the other group version when the illusion goes away, but it doesn't stick, cause the single is better, and has 2 ticks left. Please extend the illusion as well, so they run out at the same time.
  6. Goodn Augur

You can block the illusion of both so that just the buff sticks. Not saying your concern isn't valid, but there is a workaround in the meantime.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, then I wouldn't have a visual queue that the buff ended ;)
  8. Vlerg Augur

or just the desire to get group outside of guild scheduled time.

or heck, guild recruitment for the matter.

To give you an idea of how low the population is on drinal: I decided to do my PoP progression for the artisan aug , and got it all done in 3 days flat because target weren't contested!
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

Crowd development/funding.

Say a player (we can call him Iblos) wants mounts to have a poo-ing gfx. He gets it upvoted on an issue tracker (Integrated with this board ffs), and another player, who happens to be a super dev, develops the feature. DB greenlits it, and it becomes an addon, Steam-style.

A collegue had 50 devs working for his game, all volunteers, for the love of his game.

Alternatively, crowdfunding of features. This is less cool, but easier to manage.

And pooing mounts.
  10. Brohg Augur

not all instances of "cue" are misspellings ;)
    Maedhros and Tatanka like this.
  11. Vlerg Augur

if the dev could create an API with which we could develop feature that'd be great.

but with how old EQ is, i'm afraid i'd have to learn Fortran or COBOL to do so.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

Of topic completely: my father was a COBOL programmer :)

I would guess that DB functions by pooling dev resources across their gaming resources, so I would expect them to be continously refactoring the code, and to have Git or something like it. Some stuff' could be client side only (pooping mounts spring to mind), and thus perhaps easier to delegate. But I guess that a horde of volunteer programmers could work on code refactoring projects, maturing the code if thus needed, and making client improvements possible.

I am thinking that DB would not like to share too much server side code, for fear of enabling rogue server installations...
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Here's one I'd like to see, especially in an era where current expac mobs can practically one-shot me....

When you con a mob, show if it summons or not. Or, preferably, don't have trash mobs summon anymore (but that would be crazy, I know!)
  14. segap Augur

How about just trying to fight the mob at least once and finding out what it does? Part of the game is about adventuring, taking chances and learning from your experiences.
  15. Dooley Jonkers New Member

What I would like to see...bard mercs. Let them have 3 modes, burn (bard dps songs), melee support (adps songs), caster support (adps songs). I'm tired of dragging my bard bot around year after year. Also, please make the rogue merc more competitive with the wiz merc. Even in a full melee support group, rogue mercs lag way behind wiz mercs. Why?
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Guess you missed the part about getting one-shot. Trying it is what I've done in the past, but eating an unnecessary death isn't my idea of fun, and I play for fun.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

1. No, its from a 5 year old expansion. It most definitely does not need improved at all.
    2. That's your fault. The recipes are saved in a file in your userdata folder. The Artisan Aug flags were given out based on the possession of the final item from the quests not from the combines.
    3. That's reasonable but hardly, what I would call, needed.
    4. Again reasonable, but not needed.
    5. See 3 and 4.
    6. No, Fellowships are not meant for tons of people. They were meant for groups of people that were not big enough to make a guild. They already got expanded to 12 people that is more than enough. If there is any kind of change, then it should be more that something that works with the same rules as the campfire and guild flag should be added that allows group members to quickly teleport to the rest of their group.
  18. svann Augur

It would be nice if maps opened up to a decent sizing. Its always shrunk way too much by default.
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I want one feature: A user lore tab for items.

so that you can download a file from a website, like you do maps, and put it into a folder.

When you then inspect an item in game and access the new 'Player Lore' tab it searches those file(s) for that item ID, and shows attached text strings *that can be written by other players*.

All it really saves is transcribing the item name into google, but with 6 accounts with 10+ characters, with banks and houses full of crap, it would be nice to quickly determine if it's OK to destroy that stack of bixie heads, wolf tongues, or feather boas; or if they are useful for a current content quest/recipe.
  20. svann Augur

Another map request:
    Id like to have a toggle that shows the group member's names at their locations instead of just an x that you can mouseover.

Also a way to make them larger. We arent on 640x480 monitors anymore. Maybe all labels should expand when you expand the map.
    Carnivac likes this.