What are the needed changes in current day EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Burpo the Clown New Member

I would definitely not recommend that course of action. We've had at least one period in the past where skill-ups did not work properly in instances.
    Mehdisin Mahn likes this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Ok you must just be trolling this thread or have not watched any TV. Hell I don't even have cable or satellite any more just free OTA antenna TV and I see adds for games all the time. Some PC games advertise still, lots of phone app and FB type games and console games still utilize add space on TV. Obviously TV marketing still works or companies would not spend so much on it. You obviously are oblivious to the shift from box stores to online shopping. So many big box stores are failing for the simple reason that most people don't want to leave their house, go smell what ever it is you are smelling in these stores and get harassed by some sales person who is going to try and sell you some over priced item and then sell you an over priced warrantee to go with it just so they get a cut on the commission of the sale.

I am hearing your side but I am failing to understand the point you are trying to make. Here is what I have gathered so far. You like EQ and you like PVP. As far as this game being designed for serious long term players that is only partially true. This game heavily favors those who sink tons of time into it especially on the live servers. On the flip side with things like TLP servers they are aiming at lots of short terms subs with hopes that they can retain those people long enough for the next TLP or replace them when the next TLP launches. Live is not as forgiving but the addition of HA's has made leveling and the AA grind significantly easier for the casual player who only has time to log in, knock out a mission or two and then carry on with their RL. Sure these people wont be uber but they can still feel a sense of accomplishment in terms of character growth with minimal playing time.

If you are cool with coming back to your toon getting slaughtered while you needed to tend to something in RL good for you but for those of us that value our in game time and don't want to spend it making new pets, rebuffing, traveling back to our camp and all the other crap that comes along with death you can keep it on Zek.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

This game has had bugs regarding every aspect of the game. There are people that would like the option of having merchants in our neighborhoods or guild hall because we actually craft crap and are not just trying to knock out skill up points. For those that are worried about the former they could still have the option of doing their combines in POK or a handful of other zones while those of us who craft and like to utilize our houses or guild halls can do our thing there. The end result is removing the actual crafters from POK which is a win for those complaining about the congestion and a win for the crafters who want to be closer to their stockpile of mats without being leashed to merchants.
    Tatanka likes this.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

[IMG]
    Aurastrider likes this.
  5. bigpapa Augur

for the health of the game { in 2017 } .
    ** DB need to stop MASS nerfs ..., skills and aa's we have since many years ( like cleric aa mana return { I don't play one btw ) . I know some players who stopped to play because of un-necessary BIG nerfs }.
    ps: we all know some skills were VERY overpowered and needed some changes tho }.

** make T1 grouping zones to be aimed for everyone { new players ~ returning players ect . }
    ** make T1 raiding zones to be aimed for " weaker guilds " or family guilds and being harder as we progress.

** make last raid in T3 so hard that only ROI could beat it , so everyone else could complain to not been able to kill and have to wait next year to beat it. :rolleyes:

ps : we need new / returning players if we want EQ to still going for more years , we don't need road blockers who will get players to quit.

EX: t1 entry zone task in spider cave ( I never understood why DB put a road blocker right at the start of an expansion ). " I helped so many there because I have an alt enchanter and was able to box that part easy " { yeah I know many will say a " smart response " " they just have to suck less " } but it 's not healty for the game in 2017.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tatanka like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If "mass nerfs" are needed in order to manage stat-inflation, then I am ok with it.

It is because of nerfs that stats in this game still makes sense.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Shameless Personal Request - Use Window's Mouse Handedness Setting

So EQ has its own setting for a right or left handed mouse, this is fine, do not change, keep as is. <3 However, the first few screens of the program don't use this setting, they are just right handed always, and have been this way since release. I'd like for those parts to reflect the mouse setting in Windows. I guess this isn't technically a need, but it would be a nice bit of cleanup that could go along with modernizing those first few screens. Others asked for changes to server/character screens on previous pages and this could go along with that.

Serious Actual Request - Advanced Selling Window

I love the Advanced Loot window, hated it at first, love it now that I understand it fully. It saves on so much clicking. But I end up doing a ton of clicking to sell. Not just the clicking but the moving back and forth from this bag to vendor, that bag to vendor. Since looting and tradeskills have both seen improvements in this area, I think selling should be next.

Use the same basic interface and framework. Give us choices for Auto-Sell, Confirm, Do Not Sell. When we hit the vendor, give a button for Batch Sell. When clicked, the Auto-Sell items would go automatic, the Confirm items would pop a yes/no box per item (one box, regardless of quantity), and Do Not Sell would be ignored. This is just off the cuff so it would need some more thought and fleshing out, but I think this could really be useful.

EQ could benefit from a reduction in clutter and tedium. There has already been movement in that direction with Advanced Loot, Keyrings, Bandoleer, and click from bags. I think this would be a good next step.
    Zardifo Stonefist likes this.
  8. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Advanced selling sounds absolutely fantastic! I second this! We can already sell all items in the bag but what if I have 80% of the stuff I wanna keep and accidentally hit sell all... rather have a system in place to block the sale of certain items
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

and or cant SELL, DROP, DELETE, TRADE, ect...
  10. Bobsmith Augur

11. Tevik Augur

I would like to see a function for raid leaders to "rank" piggies into flag-required raids, so that the order of removal from the zone can be set more easily if some of your flagged toons happen to LD. I know, I know, nobody ever LD's in EQ, especially in it's current state, but....
  12. Aurastrider Augur

The only concern I would have with this is for items that you some times like to sell and other times want to keep. Diamonds and blue diamonds come to mind here as they have good value as vendor trash but are also useful for trade skills. If there was an ask me first setting for these items it would work well I think. I set my bags up in a specific fashion to filter stuff lessening the selling burden. Bag 1 has food and drink in top slots and then other items that I carry on me. Bags 2 and 3 are trade skill only bags. All trade skill mats when looted will go into these two bags until full. My last two bags also contain clickies, quest items and other things that stay with me leaving the middle bags for gear drops and vendor trash. Doing it this way there is very little clicking of items as you can click on an entire bag and sell all of its contents at once. Anything in the bag that has no vendor value will be left in the bag. Obviously a cool selling feature would be nice but there are some things on our end we can do to make things a little more efficient also.
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

No i don't.
    You have become worse at reading (-10).
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Do you play on a progressionserver or do you just not know what to use?
    Damage by Total % of Tot Time DPS Scaled Hits Max hit Avg hit Dmg to PC NPC DPS Special
    NEC1 + pets 199726279 5.84% 865 230897 229835 5006 2551820 39897 1386343 2000 G
    NEC2 + pets 172204646 5.04% 863 199542 198164 2930 599486 58772 2157104 2538 G
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The Confirm option is the "ask me first" option, so that would cover it. But I didn't know you could sell all the contents of a bag, so maybe this isn't as critical as I thought.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Your general point is good, but for items like this, it's easy. Never sell them. Since they have a fixed price when selling to vendors, and since anyone buying in bulk would pay less than this amount, or else they'd vendor dive, just always keep them. Then, if you need a bunch of plat later, just sell however many you need to raise that much plat. I've been doing this for the last couple years, and the value of the diamonds and blue diamonds is over half of the plat I have (D+BD = x, plat = 2x). The fact that they now stack to 1000 makes this even easier.

It would be fun to have something like the jEveAsset, to show you your EQ net worth, adding up the market value of all the miscellaneous junk gathered in your banks and houses. Not practical, but it would still be nice.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

Not sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying to never sell them to a NPC vendor and instead put them on my trader for a higher price than what the NPC vendor will buy them for in hopes that a player needs them in bulk for trade skills and make more money? Or are you saying to save them and treat them like a plat stash? If you mean the later I don't agree with this only for the simple fact that plat deflation is happening at such an accelerated rate and holding onto items with a fixed plat value to cash them in later is basically like knowing you are holding onto an investment that is only going down in value and will continue to do so. I personally try to offload anything of value and buy things I need or want now because prices just keep going up on almost anything worth spending plat on. I use to hoard my diamonds and actually had millions worth saved up but now I only keep enough on hand for crafting and the rest I sell every time I offload my bags.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

I did not know about this for the longest time. It is a huge time saver especially if you have a good filter system in place when you loot and do a little bag management while waiting for respawns. As it stands now I can campfire down, anchor to my housing area, offload all my bags, sell vendor trash and campfire back to camp before respawns most of the time. I don't disagree with a new selling feature as it would be a nice QOL improvement but until then consider some of the things I have mentioned. I am always looking to be more efficient and would love to hear other suggestions people have.

One caution with clicking a bag to sell all contents is to make sure you don't accidently sell the bag itself. If the bag is empty and is sellable you can accidently sell it. Some of the nice non lore big bags that drop off named can be sold to a vendor but only if they are empty. I believe there is a setting that is on by default that makes you confirm the sale of a container to a merchant first though. Make sure this is on and you should be gtg.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You're not wrong, but doesn't really apply to me, and perhaps most casuals.

In the last several expansions, they've gotten rid of tradable T1 items, and just have chase loot. I don't make plat ANYWHERE near fast enough to ever afford the chase loot, and with very little tradable gear, there's not much to spend plat on. So, my total has been slowly going up, but not at any great speed. Also, I don't play to specifically make plat. For reference, I have about 1.2M plat, and about 600K in diamonds/BDs. That's the most I've ever had. And about 7-800K of that plat was made selling seals for the Artisan's Prize quest. Prior to last year, I'd never had more than ~900Kpp.

The final aspect is, as the poster I responded to said, diamonds and BDs have uses for tradeskills, and having the TS sickness (on more than one char), I have had occasion to raid the stash and use some of them. I'd rather have them when I need them, than have to go buy them.

My last comment (about jEveAsset) was inspired by the fact that, I don't sell ANY TS mats. They keep gathering up in my bank/houses/etc. Some of them, if sold in the bazaar, would generate some decent plat. I'm curious how much it's all worth if I did sell it all ;)
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Truest words ever for a dyed-in-the-wool packrat :)
    Aurastrider likes this.