VP key ground spawns remind me why I quit this game for half a decade.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Fhiele Augur

My first rage-quit on EQ was doing the VT key quest. I was doing the math on the time to get the key, and I was like "wtf, 200 hours? I got better things to do with my time". I actually quit on Phinny because my guild was requiring we spend endless hours for VP key parts in kunark era, and I didn't have that kind of time and didn't want to find a new guild. So people do quit over this issue. This time, I'm just not gonna do it. I still don't have time to camp all that worthless key parts for a tiny chance of getting a decent piece of gear for the handful of times we'll ever go there.
    Montag likes this.
  2. Risiko Augur

Stating subjective opinion as fact is fun.
  3. Renshu Augur

Posting your opinion on every thread like an overzealous soccer mom at a PTA meeting must be grand.
    Funk, Punchu and AgentofChange like this.
  4. Risiko Augur

LOL... Hello nobody. Welcome to the "I'm cool too" bandwagon. Please sit back, buckle up, and enjoy your 10 second ride.
  5. Trident Elder

extra cringy
  6. Kattria Minx Augur

The ground spawn campers wouldn't do it if it wasn't profitable, so don't blame them... blame the people that are willing to pay for the item.

Or... suck it up and pay the krono.

It really is up to you, and only you, on how you play this game. I totally get wanting to complete an expansion before the next one unlocks--I really, really do. But sometimes you need to decide what cost (time/aggravation/krono/plat) you're willing to pay to make that happen. If you aren't willing to pay that cost, you can't really hold it against those that ARE willing to pay that cost.

I don't recall the ground spawn being THIS contentious on Ragefire, and supposedly we're the boxer capital of EQ, and of course, we need krono to pay for all our boxes ;) I'm not saying it wasn't aggravating trying to farm the pieces--it WAS! Always another group at the camp, or someone at the ground spawn location. I just made it part of my routine when I logged on each day to make the circuit of all the zones that had the piece I needed and could solo, or get a guild group going in the areas where I couldn't solo. Eventually, I got all my pieces, but yeah... I feel the frustration.

Because of this, I'm never (knock wood) starting over on another TLP again because I cannot stand epics, HS key, VP key, VT key, POP flagging... etc. So, yeah... I might be interested in a TLP that took away these big key requirements.
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Thank you for confirming that your plan is to make people buy Kronos in order to experience VP. The way the camps are locked down by the same few people farming the kills (using charm gate) and then selling the loot rights for 5 kronos, makes me believe it is DBG employees (or DBG bots) that are doing the farming. After all, they have the most to gain.

And the blatant (and even bragged about) use of auto-clickers to camp the ground spawns and sell those as M Q s is also probably DBG.
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

If this were about anything but generating kronos for DBG, you would make the key and the key pieces mutually exclusive (can't loot the items if you have the key) - sort of like a Lore Group. You could also make the key pieces non-M Q -able.

It is not camping a mob that bothers me, it is competing with the farmers and literally everybody else on the server for the same single spawn. I have my SK epic, a second Will of Innoruuk, and Greenmist (as an ogre). I don't mind camping. My guild has killed the dragons and I only have VP (and charasis) left to see. Losing interest in Agnarr/EQ over this (at least until Velious, if my guildies are still around then) isn't a threat, it's already happened.
  9. Sanguimanus Redfang New Member

Cheating to get these ground spawns is pretty wide spread.

This is so disgusting....how are these players not banned and their entire guilds given a suspension is beyond me...
    https://vimeo.com/232471057
    Funk and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  10. suineg Lorekeeper

It is literally a 20 minute fix probably.

Take out the hand in portions to combine medallions, Emperor Ganak hands out a 10 slot bag to combine the 9 pieces and 1 tooth. Hand in that NODROP combined item and get your key. Or just the combine makes the key.
  11. Machentoo Augur

Yes, I'm sure that's just a 20 minute change.... No testing needed or anything.
    Podiatryst and Kattria Minx like this.
  12. suineg Lorekeeper

You need to look up the word probably. The point about the exact minute or hour investment isn't the concern here. It is how easy conceptually this should be to "fix".
  13. AgentofChange Augur

He doesn't need to look up the definition of probably. What you are asking for is in no means easy, simple or quick.
  14. MakingSense New Member

But is it literally a 20 minute fix, or probably a 20 minute fix? Or it's literally possible that it's a 20 minute fix?
  15. Morgen Elder

VP key groundspawns/random mobs wasn't contentious on Ragefire because TL was monopolizing Trakanon for 6 months, I imagine it was similar situation on Lockjaw.
  16. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I think Daybreak already knows how easy conceptually this is to fix. They expend zero effort as the CS response indicates and players just have to wait. How they wait and for what is up to them.
  17. Kahna Augur

It wasn't this contested on Ragefire because only one guild was killing Trak. Why bother wasting your time on the medallions when you would never see a tooth. Agnarr has 10 times the number of folks able to kill Trak, and fewer medallions dropping (Ragefire had old style pickzones). If you can't see why this situation is much, much worse than Ragefire ever was I can't help you.

snailish likes this.
  18. Gio1999 Augur

I'm guessing you really know nothing about the game and why this is an issue?
  19. Machentoo Augur

The point being, changes like this will take more than twenty minutes of work. A lot more. I don't know if it is two hours or twenty hours, but it is certainly not twenty minutes, or even in the ballpark.

You are talking about changing quest dialogues and responses for four different mobs, in different zones. Adding a new item to the item database (the new container), adding a new tradeskill combine, changing the final turnin requirement. No idea what kind of reviews need to take place before changes like this are approved, but already you are probably talking about several different people being involved, since the devs don't all work on the same areas. And once the changes are approved and made, all of this then needs to be internally tested and then pushed to the test server, with all the communication and review that is involved with that, before it can be rolled into a patch to live. Then the changes have to be communicated to the player base.

And, if they get it wrong, and one of the changes doesn't work right, now you have no one able to complete the quest and get into VP until they hotfix it, further alienating customers who are already pissed off about the situation and adding even more work.

And, none of this relieves the problem. Which is that if there are 20 people sitting on the spawn in SONH, it is because 20 people need the drop NOW. Whether ten of those people want it for themselves, and 10 people are looking to sell it, or all 20 need it themselves to finish the quest is really immaterial. The ones looking to sell for krono wouldn't be there if there weren't people lined up ready to pay them krono, and if spending krono isn't an option for people to acquire the item, then some of those people who would have bought it are going to show up in the pile instead of the rmters.

Drastically upping the spawn rate would be an easier and better solution, but they won't do that either, since they already looked at it a few months ago and made the changes they wanted to make.
  20. Deadshade Augur

Well I humbly suggest that you think about some plans .
    By the way the problem is not "the spawn rate of the VP key" , the problem is the spawn rate of the Swamp of no Hope ground spawn . Everything else can be managed and accepted by the players .

Just ask yourself 3 elementary questions :
    "Is lowering the spawn delays on ground spawns better for the players or worse ?"
    "Is lowering the spawn delays on ground spawns decreasing the attrition rate of the player basis or increasing it ?"
    "Is lowering the spawn delays on ground spawns decreasing the cheating and training or increasing it ?"

It is not really difficult to answer these questions and if you still make no plans after having answered them then there is not much hope for the TLP players that things will get better .