VP key ground spawns remind me why I quit this game for half a decade.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Aegir Augur

Yeah, I was trying to avoid that argument since it's lame. Puttin it another way - If you trying to get into Veeshan's Peak for sake of clearing nostalgia in Era, just set it as your goal to clear the zone before Velious pops instead of killing yourself over these groundspawns and or whatever other camps that are highly contested on your server. While being ToV/AoW/Tunare/ST Geared to the teeth helps quiet a lot pushing in Luclin expansion, being geared to the teeth with whatever you can use from VP doesn't really contribute anything for pushing into Velious.
    Risiko likes this.
  2. Opimo Journeyman

And yet a half dozen guilds have done it already.
  3. Jaxarale01 Augur

2 of those guilds I know for a fact are actually combined guild raiding (since I am in one of them) because they have only gotten about 16 in each guild keyed so far.

Also, 4 guilds killing (none with their full force I would say) out of what? 100 guilds on the server?
    That is not exactly a good number bud.

*On a side note:

I see you are recruiting casters on your sig, I have a 60 Weezord I would like to apply with but need to know if I need to have the warping program installed before I apply or can I just get a link off your website once I get accepted?

Thanks!
    Pickle Rick and Renshu like this.
  4. Opimo Journeyman

We're short on fish scales, so you're out of luck. :(
  5. DarkerArts Lorekeeper

I don't understand the devs' mentality in not adjusting spawn rates to the speed of the TLPs, at least when it comes to quests that become obvious bottlenecks. It defeats the purpose of the TLP in the first place if you can't experience the content in era. And the toxicity surrounding the VP key quests is NOT a good look.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  6. Montag Augur

So what? The fact that some people get it done anyway means nothing at all.

Just because X number of passengers survive a plane crash, doesn't mean plane crashes are okay.

People are quitting over vp keys, we had one guy just blow up at the swamp ground spawn. After like 16 hours he just went on a verbal tirade and logged out and hasnt logged in since.

In my guild we've had something like seven people quit playing, some said maybe they'll be back for velious. Some most likely wont ever be back.

We have 12 weeks per expac and a population heavy with 40 year olds who cant spend 120 hours trying to get keyed. It took me lik 16 hours tonget rotting skeleton.

Daybreak is shooting themselves in the foot and losing customers because they dont compress gate times when they compress expansion cycles.

With expansion cycles one quarter of the length they originally were, time gates need to be at worst one-sisxth what they were originally if they want to keep players playing, and paying.

The fact that no-lifers can spend 100 hours on it hasnt kept tons of people for whom every hour of game time is precious from quitting over it already.

Time gates should OF COURSE compress when expac cycles compress, and on a high population server like agnarr WAS, they need to compress by a greater factor than the expac cycle. I know there are smarter people than me working at daybreak. How they are so blind to this is baffling to me.
  7. Pickle Rick New Member

The Devs are so incompetent that the people abusing certain harry potter maps, EMKEWwarping, etc. aren't blanket banned yet.

They are, at this point, complicit. They are not even attempting to ban bots, at the very least. Because, why ban their krono income, right?
  8. OliverQ Elder

Ground spawns aren't the only issue. Mobs like Pained Soul and Rotting Skelly taking 10+ hours to spawn is ridiculous. Clearly time to increase their spawn rate.
  9. Zefirus Journeyman

Pained soul look like this?

[IMG]
  10. OliverQ Elder

Lol, yeah I was just there in that mess. Absolutely ridiculous. Patch did nothing to solve the Swamp issue. Just make that piece spawn in 5 mins and be done with it.
    Montag likes this.
  11. Montag Augur

Swamp and Ancient Jarsath remain as big a problem as they were. This quest is ridiculous and like always the devs drive away the money by not being responsive to the players.
  12. OliverQ Elder

What was the point of removing MQing if there is still 15 people huddled over the spawn point 24/7.

At least before you could spend the money to bypass the hassle which would reduce how many people are there.
  13. Montag Augur

Well now at least there are no longer the same people, who have become experts at angling and autoclicking their way to repeatedly monopolizing them over and over.
  14. OliverQ Elder

They're all still autoclicking and manipulating to get it. There are now just more of them doing it since 1 or 2 people can't get it for multiple people in their guild.
  15. xakanrn Augur

I am sure by now devs should know that people come to TLP to experience content they missed over a decade ago
    The majority of the players on TLP are grown up with jobs etc
    So to put in the bottlenecks of 2000 is seriously losing money
    Easy solution make spawns faster .Simple.Everyone happy more subs .It all makes sense.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yep..

Tlp players would rather waste money than time. The player base is marture... nobody thinks it is any real accomplishment to get keyed.

Make it like seb and we all move on. Enough resources have been wasted.
  17. Machentoo Augur

They did that, twice. You all weren't satisfied.
  18. xakanrn Augur

clearly not enough.should be a 5 minutes at best respawn .
    Dunno why people want bottlenecks.Its a game its for fun.So what if everyone has a VP key how does that hurt others if everyone is happy
  19. Uija New Member

First, Cheaters were dominating that place, to sell the items, to all those people, who want that quest or for their guild-friends.
    People whined about it enough, so that devs fixed this issue.
    Now, all those people, who would have bought the item, sit there and camp to get it.
    People whine again, because it wasn't that people hated cheating, they hate playing the game they are playing!

DEVS! Why not give everyone port-abilities, because moving to a zone is that hard!
    DEVS! Why not give everyone sow, because running so slow or asking others is so hard!
    DEVS! Why not give everyone exp for just beeing online, because getting a group formed is so hard and fighting the mobs are too. Don't forget the others, and the no-camp-policy!
    DEVS! Why not hand out epics to people, when they Ding 50, because that quest is so hard, and there are spawntimes that we all knew of, when we started on this server dictate the number of epics to be obtained in era time!

Why did you all decide to play on Agnarr, if you hate, how Agnarr is set up?
  20. Jaxarale01 Augur

This trash again?