Velious Vote on RF

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smackage, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Smackage Journeyman

Gms, said this is coming in February. We are now in February so please can you start the vote or tell us what is going on?

Can you tell us if the bosses will be buffed like classic and kunark? [hoping they are]
  2. Simone Augur

By my calculation you should have the vote open up towards the end of the month and if it passes you'll move to the next expansion early next month.
    Tudadar likes this.
  3. Zapi New Member

From my point of view, its just stupid RF is not in Veilous yet, the 6 months vote was up and bugged.
    Original Kunark - Velious was 6 months yes, but with EQ in arcade mode, this is way too long.

Maybe DBG could make some more qualified polls instead of mixing different servers in the same vote, unless they have some sort of strategic financial plan, which is more important ...

At Lockjaw, the Kunark vote was moved a month ahead and affected within a week, how about you do this to RF, and keep the RF vore only for characters on RF...
  4. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

I want 9 months of Kunark. Please give me a vote so I can express my opinion.
    Qelyn likes this.
  5. Constellation Augur

hehe, nothing like a disgruntled player wanting his revenge.
  6. Ebon Elder

^^^ dumb
  7. Yohan New Member

Vote should be March 7th as they stated previously. If pass, we will have Velious on March 21-22
  8. Dral Elder

I believe this is correct for RF. LJ should be 2 to 3 months behind (as it should be).
  9. Healiez Augur

Velious is when the power curve of EQ was ramped up a bit.

Mitigation of the Mighty is NOT necessary in velious as mobs actually have more than 32k hp and are already pretty nasty.

Lord Vyemm, AoW, Tmax, sontalak will all mess you up pretty bad. Hardcore guild will be able to take them down easy enough cause thats what they do, the "non hardcore" raid guilds on the other hand will probably have a few issues with them tbh
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Alright can't wait for the RJ vote myself.
  11. Seraphim Augur

Is it time for this again??

[IMG]
    Drexll and Qelyn like this.
  12. Darth Augur

You're getting Mark of the Mighty anyway.
  13. Simone Augur

Mitigation of the Mighty isn't a problem since most classes now having significantly higher DPS than they used to so Mitigation of the Mighty will help to keep the fight lengthy enough to a be challenge. What will matter or not is if the DPS of the mobs is significantly buffed like we saw with classic and Kunark mobs. If the mobs hit 2-3 times their original amounts then many of those mobs will be unbeatable by all but the strongest guilds.

It's a good thing I play on Lockjaw so that Ragefire players can beta test these changes for us so that my guild will know what to expect when the time comes.
  14. SomethingWitty Augur

I like how Phinny gets there own GM initiated thread on the kunark launch, but no comments about Velious on RF / LJ. I really am getting the feeling that DBG does not care what happens to RF / LJ, and this is not hyperbole, I really think they don't care.
  15. Varisath Elder

What more is there for them to post that they haven't posted already? The vote for Velious on Ragefire should be happening I believe if my dates are correct, on or around March 7th, and assuming it passes, should unlock Velious sometime around the 21st or something close to that.

The voting was done. The results were posted. DBG spoke. It's that simple.

The same goes for Lockjaw although I don't know their exact dates. I think they received Kunark "early" and are something like ~45 days behind Ragefire.

The only thing I feel DBG needs to address about these 2 servers going forth is to make an official stance, and stick to it, about the future unlock timers. Will Ragefire be on a "fast" voting system aka 3 month voting, and will Lockjaw remain the "slow" vote @ 6 months per vote? If both servers are going to be locked in at the same unlock times then they might as well merge the servers because it's kinda silly having 2 servers with identical rulesets that are effectively (albeit ~45ish days apart) in identical states.
    Agrippa likes this.
  16. Gedge New Member

Not sure if this was the last word on the subject, but the last post that I recall was this one:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ctober-2015-poll-results.227792/#post-3348361

Assuming there is a week between the poll close and Velious opening, we're looking at around March 28th for Velious launch.
  17. Ashenor Lorekeeper

Lot's from Phinny will show up to vote i am sure :).
  18. Roshen Brand Manager

The team is currently working on progression server Velious content, so that content can be updated before this expansion unlocks on Ragefire.

Yes! There will be load balanced zones and updated boss difficulty on progression servers when Scars of Velious unlocks to players.

--

Since there seems to be confusion about the vote, the dates listed here for Ragefire are still correct.

On Ragefire, the vote to unlock Scars of Velious content will start on Friday, March 11, 2016.

If the vote passes on Ragefire, this content will unlock automatically on Monday, March 21, 2016. If the vote doesn't pass, the system will offer two-week long votes until it does.

Based on when Kunark was cleared on Lockjaw, the vote to unlock Scars of Velious content is scheduled to start on this server on Friday, May 6, 2016.
    Xanadas and Tudadar like this.
  19. Vaclav Augur

Vulak is going to be a looooooong fight, I'm guessing.
  20. taliefer Augur

Is it going to be the exact same buff that's currently on bosses?