Velious Vote on RF

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smackage, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Machen New Member

Curious, for how many further expansions do you all plan to update the boss difficulty? And, will the difficulty boosts be roughly in line with what we've seen so far, or will they get progressively smaller as the content becomes more difficult on its own? If velious receives as much of a boost as Kunark, it is going to be very difficult.
  2. Silv Augur

Didn't all of the big raiders on RF/LJ ask for more difficult content (which is the reason they introduced the buffed bosses in the first place)...? :eek:
  3. Darth Augur

Yes but the guy you quoted wasn't on RF/LJ.

I look forward to our new buffed Velious overlords.
    PrathunEQ, Drexll and Silv like this.
  4. Simone Augur

Vulak'Aerr himself was never that hard. What's hard about that encounter is that you have to beat all of the other dragons first; some of which, like Lord Vyrem, are much more difficult than Vulak'Aerr himself.

I'm not worried about the mobs being overbuffed. If they do create a situation like that, as was the case with Plane of Sky, then I expect it to be updated to a more reasonable level by the time Velious is available on Lockjaw.
    Silv likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

Actually, I played at least some on both RF/LJ. Including playing through all the Kunark raid content on RF.

I stay by my assertion. If they buff Velious as much as they buffed Kunark, it will be a very difficult expansion--perhaps on par with Gates or Underfoot in terms of difficulty. Kunark went from being a walk in the park to at least some of the encounters being quite challenging -- only a handful of guilds ever beat Gorenaire, and Trakanon is no joke either. Velious has a much higher starting point, difficulty wise, than Kunark. So if they boost Velious proportionally to how Kunark was boosted, I expect some of the encounters (AoW for instance) to border on insanely difficult.
    Stewgottz likes this.
  6. Silinius Augur

Woo Woo, only 100+ more Trakanon's to go boyz!
    Darth and Tudadar like this.
  7. Prathun Developer

Honest question gets an honest answer.

Had we needed to set up Velious for progression servers while in the throes of TBM or Phinigel development, the timing would certainly not have been ideal, but we would have done whatever we could, within reason, to make it happen. The basic implementation for buffing bosses and load balancing zones is, roughly estimated, a few days of work for one person. It's not pretty to need to squeeze that in while busy elsewhere, but it's not insurmountable. I feel like the implication of the question is that it would be difficult / impossible for us to manage if the universe threw a metaphorical wrench in our schedule, so let me address that directly. We make decisions about how to spend our development resources not only based on what we think would be best for the game, but constantly shifting parameters including, but not limited to, what's due first, mandates from management, finding one or more bugs, "votes" for when and how to deliver upcoming content, misjudging the scope of a task, another department needing a thing, unexpected changes to the team (like, well, Bob's been sick for a week - guess he's not gonna do that thing when he expected), and other surprises. We are agile, to use the development term for it, not only because it's good design practice, but because we have to be.
  8. Tudadar Augur

0% owned
  9. Lawyer Augur

I appreciate your participation in these forums.

There's a thread with 20,000 views and 27 pages of comments ("Pet Mitigation Ninja nerf"). Would you please take a look and respond there? Thank you.

Having developers engaged with the community is a win for everyone.
  10. Denno Elder

Hinesty makes me wanna resub. Much more easy to accept that you do your best than getting no answer. I think slot truly appreciate that the game is running this long
    Zuleyin likes this.
  11. Zapi New Member

Thumbs up for the honest answer. Can relate to that, no matter if I like it or not ;)
  12. Varisath Elder

Welp, that response will pretty well shut me up until I find something else to complain about after Velious gets released. Back to the game I go.
  13. Healiez Augur

This is really upsetting for the guilds that prefer quality over quantity type of raiding.

Mobs like AoW, Lord Vyemm, Aryonar, Sontalak and a few others are already fairly difficult for that era..

vyemm quads for 1000 and has other mechanics for example.

Velious is where the original creaters learned that the power curve of this game needed to be turned up from 32k hp mobs that just hit harder so they increased HP and AC to mitigate these factors.

Also MotM is a STUPID mechanic, you worked hard for your raid gear, got the best weapons in the game and WOOT you hit for 20 damage, doesnt make your toon feel epic at all...

When are these "buffs" going to stop? if they continue into luclin or PoP dont expect anyone but the top guild to kill end game content. Back on fippy when my guild did an "unbuffed" Lord Vyemm he handed our to us multiple times before we were able to kill him.
  14. Poydras Augur

We also have stuff like focus items, upgraded spells, and out-of-era gear from early zone revamps. Mobs need an upgrade just to maintain the original difficulty level. Obviously as expansions go on, the difference they need to correct for will decrease.
  15. Vend New Member

Load balanced zones, agreed. Updated boss difficulty? No thanks. You're only hurting the smaller more casual based guilds. Velious is tough as it is. If you make these bosses harder you won't have many guilds able to even kill them. Velious was a giant step up in boss difficulty. Even with mediocre focus items these bosses are still problematic. Also not to mention, hitting buffed bosses for as little as 1 dmg constantly and for single and low double digits period feels terrible. I think it's time to leave the boss buffing alone

Ragefire had an opportunity to vote an early Velious. We all know it was somewhat skewed, but they had a vote nonetheless.

Where's Lockjaws early vote? Don't we deserve a chance to vote for an early Velious release? We've been in Kunark 3 months now. Me personally, I'm losing interest in EQ being in Kunark this long. I've seen several guild members inactive recently who complained of Kunark.

Lockjaw deserves a Velious vote. You all as dev's said you'd revisit as time passed. it's time to revisit! Give us a vote on LJ for an early Velious.
    DaedorAlive likes this.
  16. DaedorAlive Elder

I asked that same question before and apparently the devs didn't think it even deserved a response.
  17. Bewts Augur

All I really want to know is if Doze will have Mark of the Mighty?

I rather enjoyed some small group "raid" content back in the day.
  18. Kiani Augur

The smaller, more casual guilds have always had to accept that they can't do all content in era. Not everything is available to everyone, nor should it be, or the game would be too easy.

Ragefire's vote was skewed, yes. Do you want everything at half the rate or nothing? There was no option for "I want everything at 3 months" or, "I just want an early vote on Velious like we got for Kunark". So now, Ragefire is slowly dying. A lot of people moved to Phinny when that opened, the rest, particularly at the high end, are getting fed up with one guild monopolising the end zone and killing a lot of the dragons. And even that guild is finding it harder to field numbers for those things.

As for the non raiders on Ragefire, well, there's nothing for lower levels. The LFG list rarely has more than 2-3 people in it off peak, not many more in peak. Most people who are levelling up are alts being PLed or box teams.

As for Lockjaw, I don't play there, but I understood that after the first Kunark vote on both servers, Ragefire was to be the faster to unlock new expansions and Lockjaw was going to be slower. And as a result, people were offered free transfers to go to the server that suited them better. So, if things are bad for Lockjaw in Kunark by now, imagine how Ragefire is, which has been in Kunark longer and after the early unlock of Kunark, had some expectation of a generally earlier unlock schedule if it seemed appropriate.
  19. Smackage Journeyman

Thank you very much for replying Roshen. Darkwind are really looking forward to playing in the buffed content and having a new challenge. Hope Velious arrives as soon as possible!
  20. Ghilran Lorekeeper

Did you take part in epic fights on RF or LJ? That's right, these spawned encounter are basically what the original bosses were. Udb Trak melts in a handfull of second to anything bigger than one group and it's still a lot harder than the original - it hits like the buffed Trak whereas original Trak used to hit for 600 and change. Protector could wipe unsuspecting raids and now he's being killed several time a day by 3 players groups.

The content needs updating there's no question about that. How much of a boost will it receive is still unknown.