Update Bugs 01/21/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Jan 21, 2015.

1. ceosborne New Member

I just tried to create a new lvl 96 earth pet and equip it with my 3 top lvl of pet armor going top down and pet returned every level of armor. however as for weapon and visor... pet accepted both. My mage is level 100. I can confirm that my mage is able to equip my level 104 Beastlord's pet.
    I think you hurt something that wasn't broken. Please undo your fix soon
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

"Substantially" as to mean mostly / very unreliable and therefore totally unwise to use at all in the normal manner.
    I think this was an "unintended" side effect of some resist changes.
    Totally breaks Rangers in any kind of pulling / CC capacity. :(
    -R
  3. Greymantle Augur

Actually those commands have been in for a long time. What the OP is refering to is a toggle button in the settings to auto shut off tribute when you log out. It only works on personal not trophy at the moment.
  4. JChan Developer

About what time did this happen? Also what server was this on? Also how many other (and which) zones were you in before zoning into 4th gate?
  5. Brudal Augur

True enough, I should have only quoted the 2nd part of his request line in reference to my response

6. Roshen Brand Manager

Hey guys,

I can see how this looks like a bug, but since the patch pets are returning items they won't equip.

Focused Magician pets come equipped with summoned armor. Because of this, there are many summoned items that Magician pets will return to you to let you know that they think their current items are as good (or better) than what you tried to give them.

Hope this information is helpful! ^_^
    guado and Sancus like this.
  7. Sostenes Augur

What would be helpful is for mage pets (focused or not) having an inventory/stats window where we can tell just what we need to give them to equip or what they have equipped already, now it's become an annoying guessing game.

Sostenes
    rune00, Diptera, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  8. Pulgrey Elder

Mage pets (that are focused) come pre-equipped with everything but weapons that a mage can summon for his level.

Thusly, if your a level 105 mage, your pet has the best summoned pet gear ingame minus weapons.

If your level 100, your pet has the second best pet gear ingame minus weapons.

----------------------

If your a Necro/BL/SHM/SK, and you don't know what your pet is wearing... wait a biut you will need to summon a new one whose naked.
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Lisandra Augur

I would love to have this window as well like a pet version of the merc inventory window. I've heard the devs say "it'll never happen" or "it's too complicated" but it sure would be nice if they could overcome that limitation & make it happen. That & modernizing & adjusting fellowships are the 2 biggest things on my wishlist.
    Fenudir and Silv like this.
  10. Angahran Augur

I must have missed the /trophy command in whatever patch message it went in on.
    Seems a bit redundant having 2 different commands.

Having the check box for the trophy would be helpful though.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think that the reason why they have the trophy one separate is in case they ever decide to expand the types of trophies to have a separate category for tradeskills.
  12. Shawlin New Member

This is true for Shaman pets as well
  13. Ruven_BB Augur

Follow-up on Ranger's Flusterbolt and Blusterbolt. Not only are the resist rates crazy high, mobs that don't resist the cast are breaking root early and charging the group. So its a double whammy, not sure if you are going to get resisted on cast, nor if its going to hold.

It makes these spells highly unreliable. Keep in mind these spells are very important to rangers to work in both raid settings and group game.

Ruven
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Barper Lorekeeper

We had about 12 out of our 54 raiders crash going into Argin-Hiz last night. Also 5-6 going into Tower of Rot.

The crashing has gotten substantially worse, and it seems to have stemmed from the most recent patches.
  15. Battleaxe Augur

Zone: Thuliasaur Island (mission instance)
    Quest giver: Praetoria Okkirus
    Mission: A Fateful Arrival (group)

Step: Put a few wandering shades out of their misery 0/9 (Thuliasaur Island)

Cosmetic Issue: The indagator projection etc. near the docks in the instanced zone do not look like shades. Killing them does update the mission step.

The mobs in this area in the normal uninstanced zone have names like an indagatrix shade, an indagtor shade, and a praetor shade and look like shades.

I'm not sure if this is a new issue or necessarily an issue at all.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Combine dredge. Sharks stuck halfway between land and shore (at the zone in dock) killing people as they zone in.

Standard broken shark deal that has existed for at least since barren coast (9 whole expansions now) and we keep being told is fixed.
  17. Chichiaz Journeyman

Since last patch I've experienced:
    1)/camp desktop - it hangs at character screen forever, I have to stop it in task manager
    2)upon death I have come back w/o any armor/gear, solved by camping all the way to desktop and logging back in
    3)Personal tribute is not showing any selections, however it still gives me the tribute selections. It's just blank a blank box when I alt U to bring it up.
  18. svann Augur

I posted the message just after it happened. Not sure what other zones I had been in. Next time it happens Ill let you know.
  19. guado Augur

You guys did something really bad to physical abilities. I'm all for current PC melee abilities reliably hitting their target. However, something is really messed up here for lower level farming.

Specific Example to reproduce the issue I'm having:
    -Get an instance, for example, Walking into Spider Webs in Bloodmoon Keep.
    -Pull the whole instance.
    -Get chain mezzed and chain snared by A Bloodmoon Assassin and A Bloodmoon Rager.
    -Punch out your monitor (optional)

I've killed all the gods. I've killed Overlord Mata Muram. I've gone back through time and saved Norrath from Time Traveling Discordians. etc etc etc.

Why can a grey con mez me? Why can a grey con snare me? HYou can't say it is to deter mass pulling of old instances to calm down server strain, because I'm going to keep mass pulling until I get the DA clicky. No matter how many times I get mezzed and snared. Melee NPCs still need Line of Sight in order to land their abilities.

TL;DR? mobs that con under light blue should not be able to troll you.
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. guado Augur

Cost of Balance: Una full heals when someone in the group dies at around 4%. Is everything I do in EverQuest today going to bug out? Holy crap.