[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banuvan Augur

I would never train anybody....heh heh heh
  2. Diemond Augur

But you didn't train them you were just near them with a SG, not your fault they are automated to attack anything near them. :)
  3. crag79 Augur

Did you petition said group or did you just run by saying someone else will do it?
  4. Banuvan Augur

Oh, I reported them after testing it a few times to be sure.

There is a group in Nro right now im standing next to with a n ogre being followed by two DEs and a Wood Elf and they all jump when he jumps exactly. No response to tells from any of the characters haha. Automation? I think so!
  5. Healiez Augur

Looks less like is boxer and more a concern for botting since you didn't respond. On my box team I have audio triggers set if one of them gets a tell for this very reason. Also in case the cleric box gets a tell asking for a group or something, since I'm almost never on the clerics screen and she seems to get the most tells.
  6. Elkay Augur

Not likely. Hopefully the AFK detection code is looking for character actions, not just an AFK flag.

This wasn't an [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] issue. If a response to a tell had been made, the ban wouldn't have occurred.

It's also a good idea to set the AFK flag with a pointer to your main.

I've missed tells before myself and not noticed them for a couple hours. I have tells go to a separate window but spend so little time on the box toons alt-tabbing that it just simply gets overlooked. I don't use any boxing programs. Luckily it was never a GM.
  7. Motherlee Augur

In my experience, GMs don't use tells. He used /say. I was standing there, begging and foraging so I wasn't facing him. Tells work much better. Don't assume that it was a tell just because the GM said it was a tell.
  8. Tamier Augur

First off, people box because its easier than grouping, you don't have to wait on groups, you don't have to share loot, or camps. Its faster, and easier. Its not for the challenge. I'm sure its more fun to get way ahead. If boxers wouldn't lie about the advantage they gain, and quit saying they don't do it for that advantage, people wouldn't get as mad. Secondly I told you guys on this forum [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] has gotten a friend of mine banned. And liars said, thats not true, never happened. It is true, it's happened before, and happened again with you. If you manually box, its completely legit. The EQ2 or whatever it is called, Smedley approved. Software that allows you to control multiple clients without having to manual input, is and always has been against the rules. They are only supposed to be used to allow you to flip screens faster. The GM obviously saw your boxes acting in concert, which would be a script, and illegal.
  9. Tamier Augur

Sorry didn't see your question until the end. Yes using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is using 3rd party software for an unfair advantage. It allows you to do things you can't do on your own. People have used it for years, yes I know. Because they didn't speak about it publicly and no-one reported them. Others have spoken of it and been suspended, and others have admitted to it on forums and been banned.
  10. Warlorf Augur

I don't disagree with boxing if its for the right reason. Low population with no grouping available. I'll state this once. You boxers should have known better. High player demand on the new server. People want to play their one character while you arrogantly play 6. I get boxing. I box on test server but its time to get real. Player slots are in high demand so be courteous to your fellow eq player and stop the over congestment for no reason. Yes I understand player ceiling of 5-6000 may need to happen or another server but for now just use your main and join your fellow gamers.
  11. Tamier Augur

Multiboxing is not against the EULA. Using 3rd party software (Anything but the EQ box program), that allows you to do "anything" a regular person couldn't do while window boxing, is illegal. It always has been. Just because boxers have recently claimed that it is not, doesn't change that it is. I posted about this being illegal, and got flamed for it by liars trying to justify [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. I told them people have been suspended for it, and a friend of mine got banned for it. They said you're full of crap. Well everyone who tried to make me out to be a liar, I wouldn't mind seeing all of them get banned. They were warned. Nothing right about an unfair advantage.
  12. Aricka Journeyman

I hate that you got suspended right before the weekend. I'd be upset too. I don't know anything about [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] so I can't comment on how you could possibly set it up to help your situation in the future. I box manually 3 toons in total and I set up audio triggers for "tells you" on each one so I wouldn't miss any tells from anyone GMs included. This would probably go a long way in helping you not get suspended again. Also, tell windows. It clutters up the UI and is kind of a pain but I've always been infamous for missing tells, especially on raids so it was something I had to get used to. I hope the 4 days go by fast for you and you get a decent response from support.
  13. Krisiun Lorekeeper

You missing your tells is your responsibility. Buying something from /market doesn't make you above the law.
  14. LastToStand Journeyman

Lol poor poor boxer don't you ever learn, Eq is made for socializing not playing with yourself. you got what had coming to along with people boxing 4 to 6 accounts will get whats coming to them as well.
  15. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

A suspension is not a ban, you are lucky. Second, having boxed myself in the past, you should ALWAYS put up an /afk message to send tells to your main AND set up an audio trigger with the words "tells you" so that you DO know when someone is trying to contact you. If you can't be bothered to take the couple minutes to do this (even though you can set up complex commands and such in [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]) then you deserve what you get, and be thankful you were NOT banned.
  16. Potsos76 Augur

I'll admit I don't really understand 6-boxing. I 2-box for a tiny bit of convenience while still leaving plenty of room for grouping and social interaction. I don't really understand the desire to play an MMO completely alone, but to each their own. Moving along...

I think what happened here is a bit bogus. I don't believe banning someone (1 account or 6) because they were not responsive to tells is very good business. EQ is a game people spend a lot of time doing auxiliary functions and tunneling on the task at hand. I have missed so many tells and even just general group chat over the years, I would be suspended many times over if given the same test and I'm often only playing 1 or 2 accounts!

With that said, a 4 day ban, while , is a good warning shot for the OP. I think you have to know how high emotions are running on the server right and plan accordingly. Setting up audio triggers on your boxes or at least tell pop-ups seems an obvious choice here.

I have so far had zero issues with the couple of 6-boxes I've seen out and about. If you're a decent person and you don't use your box to terrorize other people or monopolize insane amounts of content in busy zones, I have no issue with you at all.
  17. Nuanil Elder

Good luck with that.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Certainly sounds like you were using something else.

When someone is *BOTTING* - using to do it, it's VERY obvious to everyone watching. The characters all get up in a set pattern, do their stuff in a set pattern and all go sit down in the same spot after every kill. When I see them, I report / petition them every time.... it got results almost every time too.
  19. Tornat Augur

I thought about using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] than when I watched the video of them showing what it was it did look like cheating so I didn't download it. good thing !
    Tamier likes this.
  20. Belldandy Journeyman

I used [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] when I was playing WoW. There's a feature that forwards whispers from your slaves to your main toon. It would probably be a good idea to have that set up if you can.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.