[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feradach Augur

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] does have the ability to do some automation, but as long as you don't use those features you're fine. Even if you did, we have been told repeatedly in the past by SOE/DBG staff that as long as there's a human at the keyboard that can respond to a tell you're OK. Not responding is when you get in to trouble.
  2. Aeros New Member

You do realize that use of is not allowed? Its not the [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] they are yelling at you for. There are several things you say that hint at use of .

1) You did not receive a tell, any GM who wants to contact you would do so to the PULLER they even said that. They asked you to stop pulling (on your puller) and you DIDN'T. So saying "oh I didn't see it" sure you didn't because you weren't at your desk, yet somehow you were magically moving around..................

2) You claim you don't group cause you constantly walk away between pulls. This sounds to me like you are afk leveling using a program that auto pulls for you.

So go ahead and claim you use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], but the real reason is you were using .

The fact that you are so upset that you got caught, and your attitude telling people who can't log in to "catch up", priceless!
  3. Roxxanna Augur

My advice: Be proactive, take your 4 day suspension, fix your toons so tells go to main, set up audio triggers for when you receive tells, have tells in their own window. Be thankful it's only 4 days. Arguing with them and sending angry emails will do NO good.
    Gythlen and Hawklight Yandli like this.
  4. Hendar2 Augur

I'm hardly an expert in [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], but Lax (the developer) says that there is no automation support. No delays. As far as I can tell there is more automation support in the in-game macro/hotkey system since one button can cast several spells in sequence.
    Feradach and Frenzic like this.
  5. Nuanil Elder

Someone should have been using tell windows and actually paying attention to the game. Wanna bet you weren't afk 6 boxing with automation program that shall not be named?
  6. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Just a heads up, in case you can still edit....I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that posting CS correspondence on the forums can cause you further problemos. At least it could in the SoE days, I'm pretty sure.
  7. Glistarian Augur

You can attempt to rules lawyer this all you want, it wont help you.

You got caught, you got punished, you got warned to stop.

Your next step is very simple.

Stop.
  8. Feradach Augur

I stand corrected then. I thought it had some key recorder functions, but apparently not. That strengthens the argument even more then that there is nothing wrong with the tool itself.
  9. Draden Elder

This is concerning, I don't box, but the chat window spams are incredible. I miss tells from other player, including friends, all the time. The fact that I can get me account suspended because I am intent on killing mobs and not scouring the chat windows, is very concerning. Hopefully this is an isolated incident.
  10. Oberon Augur

Remember in any of these threads, the guy always cheated way worse than he blames for the ban
  11. svann Augur

IIRC they used to have a special room they ported you to if they thought you were botting. Am I remembering wrong?
  12. Tronk Augur

We are both disabled, we play because it is something which gets our minds off of EQ. We box, because it is interesting, and we are bored with one character.

If we are banned for what we PAID for, then we would not hesitate to file ADA claims against DBG.
  13. Jent Elder

This.
    urinezombie likes this.
  14. Zarzac Augur

If you were truly at your keyboard, why in the world wouldn't you have audio triggers set up for tells on the other toons you are not actively running? Especially on that server where people are understandably upset they can't log on to play; partially because people are logging on 6 toons to box. Sounds fairly fortunate you only got 4 days.
  15. Tulgin Augur

Why should audio triggers have to be set up? /tell is suddenly a 100% sure fire way to detect bots? Ridiculous. I never check tells on my box screens, I don't have them going to a separate window, with no plans on doing so either.

Want to make sure I'm not botting? Do something more visual than a tiny line of pixels that can last 0.1 seconds in combat spam.
  16. Glistarian Augur

Or they can keep checking however they'd like, and if you fail the test you'll be banned.

You're the one who has to adapt here. You have no choice.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  17. Diemond Augur

Exactly, sorry OP you weren't banned for [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], you were banned for something else you were doing, whether it was something you were doing with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or another program, but you were not banned because you were using a program that is legal.
    urinezombie likes this.
  18. Banuvan Augur

HAHAAHAHA. Boxing isn't a big deal. Don't care about that. I saw quite a few folks with toons playing themselves in groups last night. There was a group of Twisted Legion last night that you could pull close to and they would automaticallly turn towards it and start casting. All 4 of the casters in the group, turning toward the same mob at the same time, starting their spells exactly at the same time. Then all immediately sitting down together after the mob was dead. It was hilarious.

They were at derv 1 when I found them. I sent one of them a tell and they replied back sorry I was alt tabbed out and didn't mean to KS you. Clear automation. I tested it a few times and it was the same every time.

It was really funny watchcing a Sand Giant near them and watching them cast and cast and die. They never came back.
    Elricvonclief and Frenzic like this.
  19. Diemond Augur

Next time don't wait for a SG to come near them, bring the SG near them.
    Elricvonclief and Banuvan like this.
  20. Tulgin Augur

Look at the time to OP got the email, he was banned at 2am. Who goes around the house doing 'crap' at 2am? Willing to bet it was botting that got you banned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.