[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tric New Member

I am willing to bet this is just a troll thread and there was no suspension at all.
  2. Mardy Augur

It's kind of sad that the fine line between breaking the rules or not breaking the rules, is this fine line established between attended and unattended. If someone answers the GM's tells, then they're not botting, even though 90% of his characters are executing automated commands and scripted movement calls. That's a heck of a loophole.

Same thing happens in WoW, especially in BG's where you see 10-15 bots every single BG game. They follow someone and execute automated combat commands and set movement paths. They respond to combat situations not humanly possible, they counter-spell in a way not humanly possible. But they won't get into trouble as long as they answer GM's tells. As such automated scripts and bot programs are rampant in WoW, it's now even stretched into the arenas.

This is the established status quo, one in which that does not benefit the community or set good gaming standards, but it generates extra revenue for the companies. People using such programs know they are wrong, they know they're stretching the fine line. It really shows you human nature, how people are always finding ways to bend the rules and exploit the loopholes for their benefits, advantages, or convenience. Same thing happens in real life as well, so it's no surprise it happens in games.

I don't want to get in middle of this pro-boxing anti-boxing debates, just wanted to state my opinions real quick. I box 1 or 2 characters from time to time myself, but I don't use such programs to automate combat and movements. It doesn't matter if I think they're wrong or not, as the rule currently stands, as long as they answer the GM's tells they won't get into trouble. Dumb or not, it is what it is.
  3. Dice Lorekeeper

Seemed a few folks got "temporary bans" on Live servers also.

They got 3 day suspensions tho. Is that long enough?
    One group immediately after their suspension is back doing AFK for rares again. He has been suspended over 6 different periods, with the maximum suspension period 7 days. He's pulling in >$100 a day on the rares.

It is farcical.
  4. Draden Elder

The gaming companies will not do anything about it if they don't think players care. The only way to show them the community finds it unacceptable is to let them know, and the only option is to not play their game. We as players still pay for them, so obviously we find acceptable enough.
  5. Riley Augur

Cool story about a third-party program. Enjoy your suspension.
  6. Aghinem Augur

Its a similar concept of State Troopers monitoring for speeders on a busy highway; they have the means to do it - but can make an error and nab the wrong vehicle. GMs are human too.
  7. Bigbear Augur

well i am not on ragefire... and glad of it.. but after all this anti-boxer stuff and now banning and what not.. my 3 accounts and my wifes 3 accounts are done.. 2 are active but wont be renewed.. this isnt just a DGB thing.. i am just sick and tired of all the negative "boxers are evil" talk on the forums and apparently in game too... there are other games out there that my family can enjoy and DBG doesnt need my money anymore

everyone enjoy your game

SEE YA
    Motherlee likes this.
  8. Roxxanna Augur

I 3 box, usually 3 clerics, but on Ragefire I've been doing 1 cleric and 2 wiz. I began boxing because no one ever needed a cleric with mercs around. I continue to box for the challenge of seeing what I can accomplish with 3 clerics, and on Ragefire I do because with a cleric and 2 wiz I can invite anyone I want and still be an effective group. The people I invite can be any class and even several levels lower, it doesn't matter. On Rathe, with my clerics, I often drag 75's through HA's, I farm gear for them, help with daily Teeks. I have yet to even group with anyone on Ragefie because I have come to the realization that there are a lot of Asshats out there, and I don't have time for them. I do, however, stop to buff people or heal them when I see they are in over their heads. I understand people's frustration over boxing, I also understand that what I do and what a 6 mage box team is doing aren't quite the same thing. It's easy to come out and start complaining when you aren't getting what you want, not so many come to the table when someone else isn't getting what they need. Everyone helps create the society around them, when I complained about healer mercs, I was told to quit whining and roll another class, so now I box. I use no automation, no macros, I use 3 pcs, with clever hotkey and target key set ups. I pay for 3 accounts, station cash, and I farm plat to buy Kronos to give away at our guild events. In my own humble way, I try to build the kind of society that I want. Reading these forums over the last few days has been draining, and has left me even more determined to continue doing EXACTLY what I've been doing, boxing included.
    Motherlee, Zujilli and Edgefall2422 like this.
  9. strongbus Augur

they are not being banned for boxing they are being banned/suspended for using 3rd party programs to box.
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Before Boxing was common, they used to whine about anyone able to solo, like Necros and Mages pet tanking, and druids and wizards quad kiting.
    [IMG]
    Silv and Motherlee like this.
  11. Tamier Augur

He wasn't banned because he didn't respond to tells. The GM observed him using all 6 characters in concert with one another through [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. The msging him was to give him a chance to explain himself. Even if he had answered, he would probably have been suspended anyway.
  12. Tamier Augur

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] can make you do the exact same thing.
  13. Tagamog New Member

I've said it before...I'll say it again. I (and most everyone who is trying to login and play on Ragefire) don't give a crap about you paying for six accounts. In fact, over the long haul, if getting rid of six box players allows more people to login and play, that would be beneficial for the server's health long term. You and the others who are trying to defend the camp monopolizing, exploiting, kill stealing, lying behavior of boxers that we're seeing in these forums and in game are the problem here.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  14. strongbus Augur

the anti boxers need to understand 1 thing asap and the sooner they do the better they be. Boxers are not going anywhere. most boxers I know are nice and respect others. Now those who box via 3rd party software go ahead and get rid of them. But those who box the right way are here to stay.
  15. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

. This.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

NO, it can't. I'm sorry, but you are 100% wrong. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] can't automate anything. You have to be at the keyboard and push buttons for EVERY SINGLE THING YOU WANT YOUR CHARACTERS TO DO with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. With , you start it and walk away.
    Motherlee likes this.
  17. Batman_Ragefire New Member

Good be gone. 1 person pressing 1 button enabling five mages to do the same thing is crap. Especially in a camp with mobs. 3rd party is 3rd party, I fail to see why the cry baby boxers get their way. If you have two accounts, use auto follow and click over every mob that is different.
  18. Tronk Augur

You are the one complaining. You are the crybaby. I play the way I want, when I want. You don't like it, deal with it. I use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] all the time, I have done so for years. They don't ban just for using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], because it doesn't automate anything.

Not that any of you whiners are willing to learn that. You prefer to whine and complain about every little thing in your lives. People play multiple characters, get over it, but mostly get over yourselves.
    Motherlee and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  19. Batman_Ragefire New Member

How is pressing 1 button and having it throw it out to 4 other accounts not automating anything? You sir or lady; are blind.
    Dice and Elricvonclief like this.
  20. Batman_Ragefire New Member

Here is some Gee wize stuff for you people that do not understand what an agreement is.

11. You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running EverQuest.

3. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

o Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area. (What Boxers do)

• Using 3rd party software or "hacks" to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
    http://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16211
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32559/kw/3rd party
    Rhiyannon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.