Time to reroll

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Millianna, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Millianna Augur

Lies.
  2. Sancus Augur

Just wait for Hardcore Heritage! ;)
  3. sojero One hit wonder

Lets see:

Lcea, only the spiders in the caves, and a couple of stationary mobs around the zone. The vast majority are wonderers or far enough apart that you don't need to worry
    SW and FM - i cannot think of anything in here that didn't come single if you timed it right.
    Gates - dogs, bugs, snakes all single, only a couple sarnak are needed to be split

There are your 3 that will have the majority of splits
    droga - a couple camps that you can split, a lot of places that are easy single pulls, mobs are spread out in the halls and rooms nicely.
    chardok - havent spent much time in this zone, only camps I did were with a bard mass pulling.
    lab - the rooms need to be split, only did the quests for the raid blocker

I did almost all the quests for the raid blocker with just me and my wife (wiz) and did the majority of it single pulls because for some reason the cleric merc did not want to heal me, so tapped and used dps mercs.

I am not considering quests where they spawn multiples/jump you.

I also don't really know about the missions as we just mass pulled them, I am raid geared :)
    Belexes likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

This may be an unpopular opinion, but if your having problems getting single pulls - what if you use a puller instead of the tank face pulling? Or CC things in camp instead of off tanking everything.
    Belexes likes this.
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

Yeah, a real puller will get you singles.

Milliana,

It is amazing that you say you can't pull singles in this game anymore. Pulling has become a lost art. Hell, I pull with a rogue sometimes and do just fine. With a ranger, it is easy to pull singles. If you had another of the pulling classes you can do it as well.

There are going to be some spots or circumstances when singles are not possible, but then if you have a tank that knows what they are doing and your group make up is good, you can manage.

Sometimes I box my mage and my SK. Easy split pulling.

SK snares a mob, run up close to camp and FDs. If there are two that got pulled, the one that isn't snared will be up on the SK looking down at him. The snared one is way back out of aggro range. The mage then tags the mob at the SK and tanks it. The SK stays FD until the snared one drops off the extended target window. While he is lying down waiting for the snared mob to drop off extended target window, he sends in his pet to help the Mage pet.

It isn't rocket science. :p
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. Belexes ForumQuester

Truths.

If you can't pull singles in Lceanium or Frontier Mountains, Scorched Woods or any other outdoor zones in EoK, you are grossly incompetent as a puller.
  7. Millianna Augur

CC simply waste time. Almost anything can be single pulled, but whats the point if it takes 10 minutes to do it? It's more likely they didn't want for it to be pulled that way.
  8. Belexes ForumQuester

What world do you live in? 10 minutes to pull a single? What chemical influence are you playing under?

I give up on you. You're a lost cause.

Board games might suit you better. Try Sorry or Chutes and Ladders. EQ is too hard for you.
  9. sojero One hit wonder

[IMG]
    Sheex and Belexes like this.
  10. Maedhros High King

I would recommend not being a wuss and try to adjust to the changes when they happen, otherwise youre going to be re-rolling every 6 months and never get strong enough that the changes simply can no longer hurt very much. Strong Sks are still going to be amazing.

Paladin AE agro is terrible in an AE style of game that it is now, so I pull. If someone else pulled for me, I would be the only person left standing in a fast paced group.
    People know going in, that if I am tanking, they cant blast away with dps like if an Elite SK like Drogbaa or Lyquid was tanking, so they have to adjust.

Your fortitude and willingness to slug it out or not when the nerf bat swings says alot about an individuals character.
    IblisTheMage and Belexes like this.
  11. Zalamyr Augur

I'll reiterate I don't like the nerf, but you're just way off base if you think you're going to be better off as a warrior or paladin for group content, even with the nerf.
  12. fransisco Augur

Fd pulling does take to long. Which is why I suggested a pulling class instead. They don't fd. They just separate and get it in camp nice and smoothly.
  13. Wyvern Lorekeeper

I feel Millianna is just try to convey the frustration and annoyance we all feel when there are big nerfs to how a class is played since almost the beginning of the game. It is natural to resist change. Group/casual SKs will feel the change the most. Current raid geared SKs will not notice any change except maybe no longer being able to tank multiple trash mobs on raids (SK raid role niche in most raids - just another tank with less utility than war/pal after nerf).

Maybe we will get a refund on our AE aggro/tap/dd spells/AAs - LOL! Too me it just does not make alot of sense as we have so many AE type things: (pet AE DD, AE tap, AE aggro, rune effect aggro, etc). SK are designed to deal with alot of mobs at once. Only way to make a happy compromise would be to limit to 8 mobs for leech effects like others have suggested.

I have not bought any of the last 3 expansions or paid to play this game because of my work schedule and the lack of interest in the game. When I do occasionally play, it is as a silver/free account. I do not have any of the newer OP gear with crazy inflated heroic stats that are available now. Yes, it is my choice, but I still have to disc/epic etc to stay alive on older content (current for me) on 2+ mobs and it takes on avg. 2-3 min to kill a blue con mob and 5-10 min+ for many named (if I live). With the coming change to self heals on 2+ mobs this just gets alot worse for casual/group type players. I am sure with the newer inflated group armor/augs/weapons available from the last 3 expansion SKs should not be greatly affected except on larger pulls. I also admit to swarming old content light blues to try to get an item for an alt or something but we can forget doing that now.

Point being - class changing nerfs suck. Let's hope the devs can change it to just a 8 mobs limit for leeching effects (not likely). (P.S. - I want my HA fling unnerfed)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

Time will tell.

Basically you as a tank can shine as much (or more) on 1-2 mobs as on 6-15, if the game is balanced around it.

Currently, yo SK u are missing out on a lot of challenge and fun, while detracting from the gameplay of others that you group with, because you trivialize challenge, complexity, and other classes contribution. It doesn't have to be that way, but the journey to the New Balance (tm) is going to be a bumpy ride, and this patch very much suggest that the ride has started. If indeed this is the case, then brace yourself, because the next year-ish will bring a lot of changes, changes that will benefit all, SK and others.
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

A good camp has 2-10 sec between pulls, non-stop, with a good CC/puller. Rarely, longer. It is great fun, but also a bit exhausting, since you have to stay on your toes and push, push, push, to keep the flow up, mobs down, and party alive.
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

Bit harsh on the dude, he is deep in it right now, lets be good EQers and cumbaya a fellow nerfed player back to a place where there is light at the end of the tunnel. Next year, it will be one of us. Life is nerfs.
  17. Rakknar Elder

Pulling is a waste of time and a waste of a class esp. a bard. Try moving around. In droga my friend and I would clear all mobs from Blood of Droga/Spiritholow all the way to Wigue. Couldn't do that if we had to wait for mobs to run to us while losing dps from a puller. In open zones we completed hunter by locking down nine or more phs at a time by moving around.

As a warrior I have pulled 99.9% of every mob I've killed since RoF (PoW would be about the only exception and I still pulled that most of the time). CC is not allowed. I want to see AE dmg, the devs put it in game for a reason.

I don't understand this need to single pull or CC. It's just not needed with a tank. Plus everyone claims sk is the best group tank so what gives? Drogbaa tanked 20 in raid gear. Are you claiming you won't be able to handle 2-5 mobs? That's routine for me.
  18. fransisco Augur

This is the core of the problem with all tanks, not just SKs.
    2-6 mobs, whatever... Single target is a waste of time. Lets just walk through crap like in world of warcraft with tons of mobs and no challenge.

This is not the way things were ever designed in eq. Different buffs/abilities have all just contributed to this problem of tanks being WAY WAY WAY overpowered.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  19. Rakknar Elder

Except....wizard dps, mage dps, and other AE'rs dps goes up, which is what dps want.

I contend tanking multiples is indeed intended due to tanking mechanics and the fact the classes have AEs. Heck wizard have like 7 AE spells. Lets knock the dust off them!
  20. dundada3100 Elder

link please