Time to reroll

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Millianna, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Vdidar Augur

Drogbas video doesn't justify the way the devs approached this. Lots of people complaining just don't seem to get that the devs of this game at this point seem to lack the creativity to fix problems. They just axe the ability completely.
  2. Seldom Augur

I think the devs are very creative with their resources for a collective group that probably don't even really play an old game that has many limitations. When they go to a gigantic thread like Balance Where Art Thou and see video evidence of something that definitely "needs" to be corrected in some way, then read some of the thread and see SK's going lolz this always could be done OH and warriors/paladins can do the exact same thingz give or take 10-15 mobs....Nothing to see here guys, this ALWAYS could b done!1!1..Yeah, that isn't going to quite help your situation. Should have made very concerted effort to point out that it was OP and gave logical ways to correct
  3. Throkmorten New Member

Honestly, I'm going to stay the course and see how it affects the class in raids before I go making rash decisions. In the end his video and thread subsequently didn't help because everyone can talk bs. Unfortunately there are always consequences for what we as a class say on forum/in-game...now we must face them because people couldn't keep their mouths shut and just keep it a secret. Adapt and move on, done ranting and raving over something that may not turn out to be the apocalypse. Meanwhile, I'll be on test server TESTING new ideas on how to survive multiple mobs for raids.
    Belexes likes this.
  4. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Lots of SKs were able to do stuff similar to what Drogba was doing. You guys are ignoring the truth by pretending it didn't happen or by blaming the raid gear. We had SKs tanking a dozen or more mobs nearly nonstop long before we even bothered to start working on EoK raids let alone beat them. So they definitely weren't getting the benefit of EoK raid gear. It's not like the devs couldn't just wander around the zones and watch it happen.

If the OP is going to pick between Warrior and Paladin to reroll to, then they better pick Warrior. You'll just get frustrated with the horrendous AE aggro abilities of a Paladin (actually aggro generation in general), the constant healing of others you now have to do, the lower DPS and you'll be severely unimpressed by that overpowered Splash of XXX spell you've heard so much about for years. You're going to wonder why the hell do I have 5 different stuns and not one of them an actual AE stun - probably just before you realize stuns suck for aggro if something unstunnable pops up. Don't bother looking into all of those cool buffs you get - other than Brells all of them are overwritten by everyone's merc healer so unlike your old SK dots that seem so underpowered compared to the Necro dots they resemble, your Paladin buffs are actually completely worthless to even buy. You'll also start to notice things like all the good shared 2H weapons have half the heroic wisdom compared to the heroic intelligence, your stupid BP sword pet only does damage and nothing else cool, you get lonely without a pet when wandering around by yourself, the My Little Pony Unicorn mount (WTH???), etc...

Seriously... if you're going to reroll over this - do yourself a huge favor and pick a Warrior. It'll be far less frustrating of a change than going the route of a Paladin.
  5. Jaerlyn Augur

Hey! Real Pallies still use ghost frog BP - at least then we get a nifty graphic out of the click, to go with the uselessness! :p
  6. Zalamyr Augur

I don't agree with the nerf at all, but SKs are still better than warrior or paladins in the group game.
  7. Wyvern Lorekeeper

"Anti-Fun" type nerfs seems to be the norm in the last few years. One of the most fun AAs with my SK was HA (having mobs fly toward me, was my favorite thing about the class). I am easily amused and I enjoyed that effect. Sure, it allowed me to single pull a mob every 2 min, but it was nerfed to being almost pointless. After that was nerfed, I have had a much less enjoyable time playing SK.

The coming Super-Nerf to SK self-heals for tanking 2+ mobs will be a nail in the coffin for me. SK will just be a single mob tank that can FD (and hope that works).

P.S. - Good news is that merc tanks can now take over for SKs after patch! Time to play my shaman I guess. Go DPS shaman!
  8. Millianna Augur

It was never justifiable to tank molo 15+ mobs in current content. However, they DON'T need to remove a class defining game mechanics to fix that issue. An SK still has better aoe agro control than other tanks, but what's the point if your DEAD. I'm sure a DPS nerf is in the pipeline. I'm better of rerolling a war. Oh, BTW, my box is an chanter. Now, I get to bend over twice.
  9. Quixotic Journeyman

I'm sorry - but if your group's healer cannot keep you alive with 2 mobs on you, the problem isn't the class.
  10. fransisco Augur

Fixed it for you
  11. Triconix Augur

EQ forums: At the corner of petty and childish.

Seriously, every time a nerf occurs hordes of people cry out as if the world is crumbling around them. If you don't like it, go ahead and find a new class or game. It really isn't all that hard. You don't have to bring your petulant attitude around, fan the flames and hand out the pitchforks.
    Belexes likes this.
  12. Imak Augur

Amusing that the rerollers are still here talking instead of leveling their new classes.
    Belexes likes this.
  13. MrMajestykx Augur

love how folks choose to bail on stuff rather then adapt and over come, play the class that you wanted to be. My monk would not be my main since day 1 of EQ if I bailed everytime they neutered the class. Seriously tough the ride and be the best you can be DESPITE what DBG is dictating to you, UNLESS you want DBG to play your toon for you and like others said here, you ll be re rolling every patch for the flavor you want to be because a road block told you you could not play your class anymore. Your call.
    Belexes likes this.
  14. Triconix Augur

Baseline SK mitigation is nearly the same as a warrior. Just because you lose some OP self healing on massive swarms, you suddenly are a vastly inferior tank to a warrior?

I'm sorry, I fail to see how that works out. The fact that you're complaining about not being able to tank multiple trash mobs without having to use anything is pretty laughable. Are people so accustomed to roflstomp ez-mode now and it's such a annoyance to actually have to use abilities in order to do your job?
    Belexes likes this.
  15. Millianna Augur

I'm a tank man, I want to be able to tank. The only thing an SK has over other tanks is situational DPS and AoE agro control. And Yes, I do believe I should be able to tank 2 - 4 trash mobs without need to have a major disc or ability up. There is plenty of content that requires a tank to be able to hold there own on multiples. This isn't the EQ you remember where we kill only one mob per kill.
  16. Seldom Augur

Tanks should need to constantly pop disc/abilities intelligently in order to survive what "should" be risky scenarios. It's a large part of the reason that shield defensive profiency mitigation being added in with perma uptime was so poorly thought out. There shouldn't be single "I win eq" abilities. I have no problem with SK's complaining over stuff like the leech nerf as ultimately things like the stance should have got the nerf bat. I do have a big problem with SK's pretending other tank classes magically do everything better than them now when you still have a LONG list of VERY good relevant advantages. Many of which have already been pointed out and are ignored. You guys were so OP a member of your own class displayed videos showing how. So if you feel the grass is so green on the other side reroll and pleaseeeee make videos. If you're struggling to tank multiples under any circumstance as a remotely properly geared tank class, perhaps we can give some pointers and catch some laughs in process
    IblisTheMage and Belexes like this.
  17. sojero One hit wonder

Yes because your 1-3% repost rate, with leech, on an extra mob was what kept you alive.......
    Dre., Xanathol, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  18. Millianna Augur

There clearly is a miss understanding of what I am trying to say. I shouldn't be required to burn mantle, HT, or any other major disc when killing a dtanard pull 2- 4 mobs. I'm not say I hould be able hit Q and go AFK.
  19. fransisco Augur

I think thanks should be able to tank 2-4 mobs. But they should need to use EVERY Ability they have in order to do so (with the healer also burning).
    That makes it a challenge and fun to play tanks. AEing everything shouldn't ever be the standard game play in everquest.
    If 2-4 mobs is a yawn and you don't even need to use your tanking abilities, whats the point of even having them?
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. sojero One hit wonder

Whats the point in having abilities if you never use them. You should use stuff if you have 2+* mobs.

I mean if you are playing a sk, you have the ability to single pull anything in the game. If your a pally, you can single pull almost everything in the game. most don't cause we have the ability to tank many mobs at a time. Warriors are in the same boat, minus the ability to pull.

*depending on your gear level is where the + comes into play
    IblisTheMage, Sancus and fransisco like this.