Time to reroll

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Millianna, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Millianna Augur

I am sorry, but the days that required multiple tanks is long past. I'm not taking 30+ afk breaks between a pull.
  2. Belexes ForumQuester

You don't have to with 2 yellow mobs. 4, you would.

When would you use them???? That is what they are for, to be used. If you save them for a rainy day, then you are just being grossly inefficient at tanking. A tank's job is to keep aggro on them and live and let the others DPS it down, slow it etc.

I can tank a yellow named mob in EoK without doing any of that, but why would I not do use those abilities?

Why are you so hesitant to use the abilites your class has????

You think those buttons are only for red con named, tanking raid bosses and swarming??
    Sancus and fransisco like this.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

lolz multiple tanks for what? your not taking afk breaks if you are the one that is breaking a camp. Heck 70%+ camps in the new xpac don't need breaking and are single pulls anyway.

I do believe that you either want an I win button, are just posting to post nonsense, or are one of the old swarm babies and just never learned what an sk can actually do
    Sancus, fransisco and Belexes like this.
  4. Belexes ForumQuester

That doesn't make any sense.

If I understand right, you want to pull 2-4 and tank them using a spell or two and just auto attack?

Who has to take 30 minute breaks between pulls even using the abilities tanks have?

If I am using my sk in a group with a cleric, I say chain pull doubles. Once the second mob is down to 30%, pull another two mobs and keep this up until the cleric OOMs. I will be using all of my abilities I have and won't be taking any breaks. The cleric isn't bored and neither is anyone else. We all need to be paying attention, not watching some stupid zombie show on TV etc. :p

If you can't do that, then you chain pull singles. Any competent puller can do this. The reason I like doubles is it gives the puller time to actually help with dps instead of always looking to queue up the next victim.

The more abilities I use, the less mana the healer uses and they don't have to med as much. It is about being efficient. I get low on mana, hit thought leech and keep going.

An efficient group purrs like a well tuned high performance engine. It is a thing to behold. They are fun and they require constant attention. Can't be paying attention to a stupid cell phone or TV. You have to be playing and commit. A group like this is tons of fun and you earn lots of AA or experience.

If I am boxing, I still don't need to take breaks. I box a SK and a rogue. I don't take breaks between pulls even if they are doubles. If I can do that, surely you should be able to box your SK without AFK breaks.

You should watch how others play an SK. ;)
  5. MrMajestykx Augur

i shouldnt have to worry about being outparsed by a SK either, or it being in the realm of even being a thought, but DBG thought that was a good idea, knight > pure melee class, but I didnt entertain the idea of re rolling just because of that. Play the class I love and make the best of it , once again. this game isnt all bout hitting auto attack and win eq, it does require some thought and skill if you wanna be the best you can at your class. shrug.
    Sancus and Belexes like this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

After the nerfs SKs will still be a top tier class. Rerolling because of it is premature.

But if you want to reroll to something that's currently OP, go to berserker. Just watch out for the nerf stick in the future.
  7. Millianna Augur

Exaggeration is what got us to this place to begin with. Arguing that 2 - 4 mobs isn't a standard pull is absolute stupidity. And no I don't have to AFK breaks, but that's because of the way MC works. 3 mobs seems to be the happy medium - easier than 2. So why don't you go troll on that other thread.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Where is the exaggeration?

If you think that your leech abilities are what made 3 the sweet spot, you need to look at some parses.
  9. Millianna Augur

It's my choice to reroll. I called three class my main since betta - a fourth isn't over the top.
  10. Millianna Augur

Not everything is single pull, and yes there a decent amount content that isn't easily CCd.
  11. MrMajestykx Augur

i guess then roll to the next class that gets the nerf bat, awful lot of work to do that then MAYBE putting in the work at one instead of laying down on it, to each his own.
  12. sojero One hit wonder

You are certainly right, it is your choice to re roll, but that does not mean you should come over here spouting nonsense, and lies.

If you are finding places that you cannot single pull or CC the mobs, your doing it wrong. The thing is though, you don't need them singles most the time, so its a mute point. Any geared to the area they are in tank can tank 2 no problem with a couple clicks, and can take 3 if they know what they are doing. geared in the tier they are in or over geared can easily do more.
    Sancus and MrMajestykx like this.
  13. Tereil Elder

Just think though, if you keep doing FOTM classes, you'll eventually have them all for when they are once again on top. Unless you are a mage. Or bard. Or monk.

(Just FYI, the classes listed, I list in jest, but it's painful to think about)
  14. MrMajestykx Augur

no offense taken there, its a true story!! #monklivesmatter
    Gelido likes this.
  15. fransisco Augur

The tough part about this is that with feign death, it seems like the monks are always throwing their lives away.
  16. Millianna Augur

Lies? Only who isn't honest here is you.
  17. sojero One hit wonder

You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make them drink. Thank goodness you can drown them though! You sir have shown your colors.
  18. Belexes ForumQuester

There are very few places where I can't pull a single. As ranger, the only time I pull more than one is because I want to.

Droga would be the only place it can get sketchy on pulls, but can be done with some skill and some imagination.
  19. MrMajestykx Augur

Droga.....the zone to remind you how much you missed Sebilis trains and imaginative pulling
    Belexes likes this.
  20. Triconix Augur

I'm calling BS. When I tank I constantly have both my AC buffs running at all times and will continuously rotate my discs. I do also tank in non optimal bandolier set ups, but that wouldn't change how I do things. Using SB, there should be literally no problem for you to tank without burning big abilities. Minor ones, if really necessary, will get you by. Again, your baseline mitigation isn't too far off a warrior's so if you're struggling with 2 mobs, then you better look at the rest of the group (or maybe yourself idk).

If I get more than 3 mobs, you're dang sure I'm popping a main disc as a warrior and probably switching from DW to SB.