Time to reroll

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Millianna, Feb 8, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

And put that dust on entire classes focused on CC and pulling?
    Why do anything that doesn't support tanks swarming as a matter of course?
  2. Manaelil Elder

Not sure if you're joking or not but there's no evidence that the video was the cause for this nerf unless a dev specifically says so.
  3. Gelido Lorekeeper

YES, It has begun!!! #MonkLivesMatter
  4. Vdidar Augur

Why are tanks talking about single pulling EoK mobs?
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

Because one person thinks that is all they will be able to do after the patch is live. They were making up stories about how you can't pull singles in EoK, so they were screwed. So I at least was giving them pulling tips. :)

There won't be a need even after patch. For my SK, it will still be doubles, maybe 3 at a time every so often.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

It is easier or as easy to balance the game around tanking 1-2 as tanking 4-6. In both scenarios, tanks shine, dps shine.

But only in one of these scenarios, CC and Pulling shine.

Rakknar, in another post you wrote that you preferred Bard boxes over mained Bards, because mained bards would have a tendency to try to do other sequences than the warrior dps optimizing sequence that you prefer. I think these two points are related. In any social context, people tend to want to feel that they contribute evenly, have their role, and are respected for it.

RL people does not want to be secondary support classes, with a single class taking center stage alone. I am not saying that you are that way, but you have a tendency to come across that way. If that is a misunderstanding, I apologize in advance.
  7. Rakknar Elder

Never apologize. The forums are a place to exchange ideas.

My points on pulling being a waste of time is that I see pullers trying to pull one mob in safely at a time. If the group has a tank this is a waste. For example, tonight I dropped my tank and zerker and mained my bard for my fellowship. I pulled to queen's room in chardok. I wasn't trying to pull one. If two came fine, if six or eight came fine. There was no CC. I had quicktime, fierce eye, epic, etc all on cooldown. I sang my songs before running off and with lightning fast bard speed was back in camp with mobs otw. The wizard topped DPS because of AEs. The tank had to ask for time to hit "breather" cause it was coming in so fast and steady.

Now if that is how you expect pulling to be, then pull away. What I experience or see is slow pulling and the hoarding of AA/abilities/cooldowns.

Others do have a point about CC. My way makes CC useless (unneeded) which it has been since ROF when I came back.

As far as bards and others feeling like they don't contribute, that is a symptom of everyone wanting to see their name as high as possible on a parser. I just did a test where my bard doubles my dps. That means half belongs to my warrior, the other half BELONGS to the bard. If people don't understand where and how dps comes from they should take the time to learn. ADPS is a real thing. It is important and substantial. I would put a bard in my group over any other single class in game (provided healing and tanking were covered :) )
    Belexes likes this.
  8. Gandaalf New Member

Question on multiples coming to camp - this is with a merc healer or 2? or a real healer toon? Just wonder cause I often run the following group:

Warr - 153k HP 5KAC with buffs/bard songs - killing EoK T1 with discs and 1 merc healer (patch w/shammy if needed, but usually no)
    Mage
    Bard
    Shaman
    Merc
    Merc

would love to optimize my time by killing vs pulling singles, but old habits die hard
  9. Rakknar Elder

The group included bard, cleric, warrior, wizard, beastlord, and one very green berserker (9000 AA).
  10. Rakknar Elder

Enchanters can do more than mez you know.

Back in TBM one day, I was boxing warrior/enchanter and my friend was playing his mage. We were using three wizard mercs on burn. Anyone notice I didn't include a healer? For six hours we did this. Between warrior discs, chanter stuns, group runes, and nights endless terror and mage swarm pets we killed nonstop w/o a single heal being used.

This is just an example of alternate play styles. No one in their right mind should be asking for the holy trinity again (warrior, cleric, enchanter). Those were horrible days of EQ. Why can't an enchanter be happy stunning piles of mobs for the AE wizards? Its actually quite thrilling to keep a mob mezzed to exploit twincast, keep a mob charmed, and pull and do dps in a packed area. Heck of a lot more fun than mezzing 8 mobs and killing them one at a time.....ZZZZZZZZ snoozefest easy mode.
  11. Gerzer Lorekeeper

Right on! lol I may have to come find you and watch your crew in action heheh
  12. Whulfgar Augur

This entire thread made me laugh !
  13. Zephiron Elder

Glad I left this game. Everyone has been so eager to level the playing field when the ability to do certain things with bards, wizards, mages, chanters, pallies, zerkers, rogues, monks, rangers, and sks don't fit in your cuddling box. Thanks for taking everyones niche and fun away to solo efficiently on a dying game, can we please bury you now eq. Some will say such silly things like you need to group, that is so 1999, really, that was then. Keep robbing people of their style and your favorite time sink will SINK. EQ is dead lol.
  14. Triconix Augur

And yet you take the time to not only read the forums, but also post in them. :rolleyes:
    Belexes and Tereil like this.
  15. Millianna Augur

My average pull is 2 - 4 mobs and I am guessing that is what the majority pull without CC abilities. I am not going to argue over how someone defines a single pull - not my stupidity. My argument is that I shouldn't burn my primary defensive/offensive ability every other pull. Those are for names. 2 - 4 mobs a pull has been the norm for years. Using true pulling abilities is awlays and option, but it slows the game down to a crawl.
  16. sojero One hit wonder

You don't want to use the tools you have. Hrm, you said it right:

Whats the point in having them if you aren't using them? You have enough tools to always have something up to help with your defensives.
    Sheex and Belexes like this.
  17. Millianna Augur

Hi my name Sojero. I am am a elite that believes only raiders should have the ability to multi tank mobs. Since the casual player can do it, they should be nerfed!
  18. Millianna Augur

Get off your high horse and quit acting stupid. I never said I don't use my tools, I am just not willing to burn abilities designed for oh poop moments or name. If DB wants to design the game that way, then fine. But they needed to do it for all classes, not just change the play style used for one class.
  19. Sancus Augur

If you're playing a DPS class and saving your discs for named, you're doing it wrong.
    Sheex, Vdidar and Belexes like this.
  20. Piemastaj Augur

Wait, discs are also used to do sustained damage to gain more exp? Lies!!!

Gotta have all dem leet discs up for the 30 second named fight!
    Belexes likes this.