Things other players do that make you want to headdesk

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheaffer, Jun 25, 2014.

1. IDotPeople Augur

This one is actually understandable, as a pally is often used to being puller and tank, and it is much easier to avoid the merc screwing up pulling if the puller has control of it.

Anyways, onto a few pet peeves of my own:

1. Pet classes unable to figure out the mystery of controlling their pets agro, this is especially fun with any sort of knockback mechanic.
    2. SHD/NEC at high end believing they need to be bound in GL, and need to buy corpse summoning stones.
    3. Tanks trying to show each other up on agro on trash mobs, especially when some mobs are still uncontained.
    4. Any class not understanding their spell damage types on events with wipe mechanics for using the wrong spell type.
    5. Any player who regularly fails emotes, but never asks for help on them, even when offered repeatedly.
    6. Healers who don't know how to prioritize healing.
    7. Dora the explorer rogues accidentally triggering raid events early.
  2. Bahdah Augur

bahdah tells group, 'did i miss epic? >.<'
    Genoane likes this.
  3. Kolani Augur

This is Firiona specific, but when you see someone running around with a hot new raid weapon or armor that you know is selling for INSANE amounts of plat in the Bazaar, then when you inspect them, the rest of the crap they're wearing is two expansions old group gear and likely has no augs. When the Hardcore Heritage Crushbone raid came out, I seriously saw people paying INSANE prices to buy the Dwarven Ringmail Tunic, while still having SoD group gear in EVERY OTHER SLOT.
    Oscarmw and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. roguerunner Augur

Being marked puller and then the caster runs up and pulls everything anyway
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Uxtalzon Augur

Oh god yes, so many I can relate to in this whole thread!

-Player complaining that all those AFK people sitting in Guild Lobby are "desperate for MGBs"

-Zoning into someplace with a small entryway as a large race, and going AFK there for hours

-Asking for a rez in some far off zone/instance because they don't want to pay to summon their corpse in Lobby.

-Lumping taunt with a number of skills like Bash into a macro key, and using that macro ALL THE TIME.

-Someone who dies in group/raid and not taking rez until fight is over. Then they're all "GREAT JOB GUYZ WE DID IT LOL buffs plz". Also applies to people who send pet or auto-nuke a target even though raid say is getting spammed with "STOP KILLING IT OMG GRAAAAH!"
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  6. Elricvonclief Augur

OMG THIS!!! If you've played long enough to be in a raid guild, you should know what blocks the different common buffs.
    Dibab and Uxtalzon like this.
  7. Thancra Loladin

Everyone and their pet being stacked behind the boss you can't corner, making it travel the whole zone because "I do MOAR dps behind!".
  8. Random_Enchanter Augur

People (myself included) :mad:
  9. Saave Augur

EXACTLY.
    I like you Crystilla :)
    Leerah, Roxxanna and Crystilla like this.
  10. Saave Augur

Recently, Warders being huge at task NPC's
  11. Brohg Augur

ooo, Campfires. Campfires in the common areas of the lobby, campfires at PoK port-in, campfires on quest NPCs. campfirescampfirescampfires. arghlbarglarrrgh!
    Saave and Brogett like this.
  12. Stubar Augur

Stamina augs and growth orbs. Terrible.
  13. Schadenfreude Augur

Historic gripes cropping up with demented but predictable regularity in every single thread and forum with any sort of traffic no matter how far distant from the topic in hand. To be repeated ad nauseam presumably until the sun goes supernova.
    Mintalie and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. SaderakhBertox Augur

Prior to joining the best raid crew I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of....

Raiding Corrupted Temple of Veeshan with raiders who had absolutely no clue what were the best items for a particular slot and upgrading that same slot in the same raid, or even within the same week or even month.

(Another thread reminded me of this irking me from over a year ago and is not a reflection on that particular thread)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Stickietoes Augur

When someone links an item in guild/other chat places... saying "This_Item_Is_Rotting", someone replies grats...
  16. Karhar Dream Crusher

Tanking adds on raids because paladins are too busy "healing"..
    Afk dps i just ... everytime
    Not using assist when an assist is set.
    People complaining about their group setup on raids.
    When someone asks you for cleric buffs but doesn't say which ones, then you give them symbol and they say not that one.

Let me edit this sunday, im sure i'll have another 50 to list.
    Elricvonclief and Grelthur like this.
  17. asgaard Augur

People who take the game seriously.

It's a game...it's only a game.
    Bahdah likes this.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

people saying gratz in guild chat for explorer achievements.
  19. SaderakhBertox Augur

OMG how dare you? haha jk... its a forum...it's only a forum :D
    Bahdah and Saave like this.
  20. Roxxanna Augur

Clicking Divine Avatar, First Spire, Improved Twin Cast, Breastplate clickie, Battle Frenzy, and silent casting, then the puller says "AFK of a min", my fault, but still really annoying.
    Saave likes this.