Things other players do that make you want to headdesk

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheaffer, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Karhar Dream Crusher

I'm an officer, I know when we're about to call a wipe, ive already gated :p
    Leerah, Elricvonclief and Viltaire like this.
  2. Khoza Augur

Once, when a wizard actually DID do this for an imminent wipe / retreat, half the raid got the message "The destination zone denied entry." And all I could think as I watched my character slaughtered was a Moria scene in Lord of the Rings. "We cannot get out."
    Mary Poppins and SaderakhBertox like this.
  3. Bowify New Member

Sorry if this was already posted, i didn't read all the posts just the first couple pages.

People who send you a tell while having /afk on so when you respond to their tell you get spammed with the afk message.
  4. drew0987654 Augur

when ppl sit just outside of the boss's chamber and insist on going over the strategy for 10 minutes... it's like you're a dog and there's this piece of bacon dangling in front of your face and you're just waiting for your master to say you can eat it... at some point it's like you gotta say, "alright, let's do this...." eventually you just can't take it anymore and become compelled to run in and aggro everything and then they get mad at YOU when you wipe....
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

People that refuse to join ventrilo during raids without a legitimate reason. Whenever someone misses an emote or does something stupid I immediately look at who is in vent and almost without fail the person isn't in it.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Zahrym like this.
  6. Zahrym Augur

Worst is hypocrites imo. The amount of times I've seen a guild leader/officer say something and double back is insane.

"We want the best players, but don't tell anyone how to improve we don't want them to quit because we need full raids."
    "Ya, this guild is hardcore...but we have these 20 people who have been around forever that contribute little more than a pulse."
    "No hacking at all under any circumstance or you'll be removed! Multiple people got caught hacking, but we have no solid proof and the GM's didn't do anything, so that's that."

These are just a handful of the one's I've heard while they kept a straight face.
  7. Dibab Augur

When someone apps to a raid guild and asks how to do the event when the entire event writeup is posted on the forums.
    Elricvonclief, Silv and Zentara like this.
  8. Rafather Augur

When guilds need the strats, handed to them on a silver platter and then act like they are worth the credit they get.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  9. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

When people insist that "raid strat A" gotten from "random friend B" will work for any guild, completely ignoring that every guild doesn't have the same class balance/makeup.

Personally, I'd rather die a billion times learning an event and figuring out what works for MY guild.
  10. Anglesy Elder

When a group/raid leader sets a main tank/tank rotation and all the rest of the tanks who aren't first seem to forget about it or put everyone else in their ET window so they have some idea that they need to be grabbing aggro. Or any pickup group where you have more than one tank and they are both trying to grab aggro playing ping pong with the mob. Hard to cast short term buffs with longer recast timers when one person isn't consistently tanking.

Bards who I end up in a group with that I can't seem to convince that no matter the group makeup, I promise that you really don't need to sing that healing song, that my heals already crit for way more than anyone needs.

If there's not a real tank in group, I think this can make a legitimate difference. I notice the difference in survivability in my tank merc with all defensive AA bought vs one with not so many AA. This is less of a "let my merc have the xp" situation and more of a "let's not die" situation.
  11. Mysl Augur

Someone insisted that he/she would rather die thousands death to learn a raid, llog after the first wipe, and MIA after 3 nights of learning, only to reappear after the first guild win.

Someone insisted that he/she would be in the guild till the bitter end, only to loot up all they can (and convinced others to pass to them) then server trasfer to a higher end guild.
  12. lumin Elder

Someone who pulls a mob into your camp to kill it, only to die trying and ends up killing half of your group as well, then blames you for the agro, and then wants a rez.

Any guild that spams a guild add in /ooc, /shout, /say or all three, sorry but if your guild sucks so bad you are spamming for members, nobody wants to join.

Someone who give you crap about not leveling as fast as they feel you should be, god forbid we have a life/job/family outside of game.

Any tank that talks about how great they are then cant hold agro at all, then blames everyone in the group.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

People that don't bother to do progression and then want taskadds / raid invites to get credit for it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Drakang Augur

People who ask for a raid invite then zone.
    Ask for invite again and have merc up.
    Drop merc and ask for invite again and have a shared task.
    Ask for invite again and zone.
    Ask for invite again then AFK
    Ask for invite again and finally join raid.
  15. Edrick Augur

Raid leaders that can't read my mind and don't know the exact nanosecond when it would be appropriate to invite me.
    Utdaan likes this.
  16. Wiji Elder

/guildmotd Become a Champion of the People - head to Chelsith - /tells to Wiji for raid invite - banner's down

Someone tells the guild, "where we going?"
    Sometwo tells the guild, "LFRaid invite"
    Somethree tells the guild, "is banner down?"
    Somefour tells the guild, "we still raiding?"
  17. onyuyan Augur

Mages who refuse to ever use Rains on any raids ever because AoE=bad
    Anyone who thinks no one should ever use Rains on raids because AoE=bad
    Anyone who can't handle properly using Rains on raids and wipe raids because of it (is it really that challenging to use common sense?)
    Mintalie likes this.
  18. Koneko Augur

common sense like knowing they will cause a wipe so they feel that aoe spells are bad so they don't use it causing you to feel problem #1? sounds like you just like to beat your head on a desk both ways
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Silv Augur

The only one I will defend is the OCD buff order person. That's me. As an Enchanter I keep all runes and spell shields as my final buffs. It has to do with survivability to an extent because I can easily see incoming damage and when to rebuff the raid for AEs. Bad habit? Maybe. I doubt I could break it at this point. I'm pretty good about waiting till buffs are done though so I don't have to request something again.

So lets see, here are some of mine...

-People who cast Geomantra (on raids). If you are in a group or in a raid guild where your Enchanters slack, then okay I guess. Take your earring off your multi-item click hotkey plzzz :confused:

-People who ask for a rebuff while I'm mezzing 999 adds on a raid. I'm pretty sure you see the same mobs on your screen.

-People who don't visit the guild website except to check DKP (despite full raid strats posted and then they ask for the full strat in game... during raids...). This was kindof already posted but just to emphasize...

-Complaining about tradeskills when doing Shawl 2.0/3.0 if you're in a raid guild.

-People who vendor Ethernere Essences (or any current xpac integral TS item)

-A vintage one would be not sitting to med (this is even before OOC regen and the million mana regen abilities). Unfortunately it was hard to call someone out because you were staring at a book filled screen instead of watching them.

I could probably write a novel but those are probably the most recent ones. :D I'm sure there are many (more) anti-Enchanter examples people have too!
    Elricvonclief and Dibab like this.
  20. onyuyan Augur

There are times when you can and can't use Rains on raids. Common sense means you don't start AoEing when there are 5 mezzed mobs next to the mob you're fighting. Or when adds spawn, get hit by your Rain and kill you instantly.

But *never* using Rains just makes your DPS suck.