Things other players do that make you want to headdesk

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheaffer, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Gumlakx Augur

Someone who is /anon, /afk and /lfg. Do they really expect to get a group invite when their level and class isn't shown, they aren't there to answer questions, and they aren't there to accept an invite?
  2. Tobynn Augur

People that don't have maps. I just can't.

People that feel compelled to gratz! every achievement that scrolls through their chat window. Player_12 has completed the achievement Crossing Random Zoneline. Gratz!!

People that AFK during raid events. I don't mean a quick unexpected minute, I mean the entire event. Coattail riders. Zone in, hit feign death, and don't move an inch until the chest spawns. DPS classes with another player, or better yet nothing at all, on target for the entire event. Tanks that never turn on attack unless their actually boss-tanking. You're all doing it wrong.

Magicians who insist on standing within AE Ramp so their swarm pets don't have to travel to reach the target. The immediate death to AE Ramp is followed by a wig out about not getting healed. You're doing it wrong.

The one person in group that insists on standing waaaaaaaaaaay over yonder, nowhere near the rest of the group, for some unknown reason. Said person generally whines when I offer a simple "OOR" moments before they die. Hey, no one else in the group is expecting me to run laps to keep them in range. You're doing it wrong.

People that ask me for 'buffs' get whatever sort of randomness enters my mind at the moment. You might get See Invisible, you might get Protection of Seasons, you might get Wrath of Wild. Don't cry when I don't read your mind correctly. You asked for plural, so I'll just keep casting until you are bufflocked. Maybe you'll eventually get what you wanted. You're doing it wrong.

People that ask me for 'wood' get precisely that -- Skin Like Wood, Level 1 buff. Oh, you wanted a current level HP buff? We call that skin. Its always been skin. Its not wood, its not nine, its not eleventeen. Its skin.

1 Skin like Wood
    14 Skin like Rock
    24 Skin like Steel
    36 Skin like Diamond
    46 Skin like Nature
    57 Natureskin
    68 Steeloak Skin
    72 Direwild Skin
    77 Ironwood Skin
    82 Heartwood Skin
    87 Timbercore Skin
    92 Stonebark Skin
    97 Granitebark Skin

Get it right! ffs. You're doing it wrong.
  3. Zentara Augur

--Log in and say "RI pls" 30 seconds before event over, and complain about not getting invited in time for currency.
    --having 5 paladins in raid and never getting a splash, ever.
    --logging in 1 min after raid groups are done for an event...as the 6th person to do so in the last 7 minutes.
  4. Karhar Dream Crusher

800 tl casts at the end of every event... i buff blocked half of them
    Grelthur likes this.
  5. gnomeboss Augur

protection of the nine and blessing of the nine were real spells, sir! =p

sometimes i ask for protection of the sixteenth for funsies. nobody every laughs. /sadpanda

seriously though, if just once i could have a beastlord coordinate fury with ruchu and funeral dirge, i'd probably just retire because nothing could compete with that feeling of joy. JUST HALFING ONCE.
    Brogett likes this.
  6. Tarrin Augur

I have a whole spell set called "wtb buffs" just for those people
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

out of those 4 pages if I had to attribute a price to the best post Crystilla would be on top by far then anyone else...

My vision of EQ is most likely higher then most. yeah some time I think twice about someone and there way of thinking but that doesnt give me the right to compare their way of playing to mine been playing for 14 years and more hrs that i sleep a day that I cant expect one to know as much. Even so I try my best to understand why and adjust and not do the same mistake twice some others arent that quick because they dint had the time to experience different scenario or they just dont care as much as some of us do. In the end who are to blame to find himself in the same situation?

You either find the words to show the path or cross the road to find your way as you haven't reached your destination yet.
    Leerah and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Tobynn Augur

Outliers!!
  9. Saave Augur

I HATE THAT ..lol
  10. Corefighter New Member

People who expect others to play exactly as they like.

"Your doing it wrong."
  11. jeskola pheerie

- People who join a group and ask the group how much AA and gear the Merc has (everyone is level 100)
    - People who join a group, die (usually by their own fault), and instantly leave with a weak excuse
    - People who join a group, roll on named's drop, loot and instantly leave with a weak excuse
    - The one ranger guy who did all of the above within 5 minutes recently!
    Elricvonclief and onyuyan like this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

- People who login and say LFG in Guildchat, then 60 seconds later start complaining about how no one ever groups with them and the guild has too many cliques and everyone is busy boxing and life is horrible.
    - People who join a guild and feel the need to immediately bro up it about all the parties they went to that weekend, the booze and drugs they consumed, and the orgies they had.
    Elricvonclief, Naeeleu and onyuyan like this.
  13. onyuyan Augur

^^This. Especially when bad tanks zone into some easy HA, tank the first mob (single), die, and ask about your mercs gear/AAs. "Oh only 53? Mine has 78. That must be the problem." Doh :confused:

Or "I'd take my merc out, but it only has 15 AAs and no gear so it would be useless."

Edit: Not to harsh on tanks; there just seem to be a lot of poor Heroic tanks on my server.
  14. IDotPeople Augur

Thought of a few new ones based on what I've read so far:

1. Buff classes getting snooty with you for asking for buffs. I of course mean, at the right time, not right when they announce they are logging or when you just watched them get ressed or when a giant boss fight just started.
    2. People dissing others for dissing others and being thought well of for it.
    3. Mages who like to randomly call you.
    4. Shamans who need to shrink the group at all times.
    5. Power Rangers who need to inform you of tracking at all times, and pressure the group to go get certain spawns the entire time, often helping out by bringing them out of nowhere without being asked.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

People who post This Sh#% is too easy .. SONY MAKE IT HARDER ...

Sony responds by creating Plane of war ..

Player base (99.995% of the players) respond : OMG SONY WTF !! /chant Nerf PoW, Nerf PoW, heard server wide ..
  16. Slasher Augur

Or people who complain raids are too easy but the second one gets hard they all of the sudden have to log every night 2 hrs early :)

Or hitting furious rampage and breaking mez on 15 + adds and having the chanter threaten to kill you after :) Evantil raid is awesome all them ants :)
  17. Whulfgar Augur

^^

Bingo !
  18. Khoza Augur

I had CotH blocked for a long time, because there was a mage who liked doing this while I was trying to split. His excuse was, inevitably, "I was helping you pull." No, you were being a Halfling, and messing up a perfect pull. If I want help, I'll ask for it. If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you. (It's only a mage, after all, it can't think for itself.)

People who get riled about 5 year old occurrences. (Oh, wait, maybe that should go in the OTHER thread?)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  19. FcsevenXIII Augur

I would have to agree with this and can relate. Recently I've had to leave a couple guilds where members have said the most disgusting things in guild chat and vent. From going into graphic detail about their Craigslist casual encounters to discussions about their hardcore drug use I've seen it all the last couple years.

I remember the days where players would hold themselves to a higher set of standards. These days it seems anything goes.
  20. Grelthur Elder

...and nary a one to be seen when guild leader calls a mass TL / evac / get out of dodge....