TGB

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Millianna, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millianna Augur

All those scenarios was with 3 real players. My last little complaint was with suggestion to constantly burn or use offensive disc. This is silly to do with most group scenarios and waste of disc. No one cares about a parse with a small group in this game. You can go ahead and go play eq2 if you want to be constantly parsed.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I can chime in on that... I did a /tgb on many many years ago on my Cleric... and I've NEVER done a /tgb off. I can't imagine every turning it off. It would be faster to F1, do what I need to do in group and click the persons name in ext target. I certainly wouldn't use yet another hotkey with a macro with something like /tgb off /cast X /tgb on (probably even need a pause in there).
    Saroc_Luclin likes this.
  3. Gnomereaper Augur

Any raid with an AE and a dead healer in group.

I've already given that supposition:

A. Group healer dies
    B. Cast group healer

That and in the last few years you would use splash heals. Since group heals+Elixirs stack together, it is possible to help each other keep up.

Mechanically the only "improvement" would be making a non TGBIBLE group Elixir and a NonTGIBLE group Elixir. Basically, that would increase development time over spells and eat up new spell slots in new expansions to upgrade it. Thus resulting in a giant "meh" in terms of power scaling from most healers and outright irritation over the "new mechanic." It'd only in massively irritate the community that would prefer new healing mechanics over contrived limited use mechanics.

If this would be to come true, it would lead to a massive thread and words like "bait and switch" and "nerfs before expansion to resell you what you could already do before" would be rampant in that thread.
  4. Gnomereaper Augur

Shadowknights are doing rather well and some selective nerfs have been rolled back. Warriors are doing just fine in many departments, which is actually a large change to the more common trend of aggro problems or lack of definition and such. Paladins have their own issues, but for the most part are still viable as a class and have recently received a good round of buffs.

Nerfs happen such as recently healing Alliance was nerfed down. It sucks, but we all moved on and will have new mechanics replace those old mechanics lost.

And if you mean swarming with Earthshaker that was going on for years and Shadowknights were doing their own swarming thing too. So the nerf wasn't all about warriors, either. The only one perhaps proportionally disaffected was the paladin.

More modernly I'd be more concerned about the Shield AC nerf though where they're letting that stat dwindle a bit to keep more in line with their vision.
  5. Leigo You come here often?

Shm
    Cloud of renewal or any hot. Unless it's changed to hit the caster's group as well as their target's
  6. Millianna Augur

This would be acceptable.
  7. Millianna Augur

SKs and Pallies were not consistently hitting top 5 in raids like some other tank class was. Keep in mind, this was primarily with maxed toon. The problem with 2hs tanking was never resolved despite the nerfs.
  8. DaciksBB Augur

I think part of me died reading this.
    Conq, Sheex and kizant like this.
  9. Millianna Augur

Why is this such a big deal?
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

not digging through the rest of the replies to see if it was said... but for shamans I believe examples would be 3rd spire, and maybe talisman of the sabretooth... since we're typically in DPS groups, if we're also assigned to heal the tanks it's nice to not have to drop target on them to use our ADPS abilities. (hotkey currently tgb off, cast spell/ability, tgb on)
  11. Febb Augur

So you want to remove the ability for healers to use group hots to heal other groups?
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That you can’t seem to fathom how replacing a tiny nerf, with a very simple work around, with a massively larger nerf, shows just how out of touch you are with the basics of how EQ works outside of whatever safe space you reside in.

Might want to pack it in at this point, hoss. It’s gone from funny to sad pretty quickly.
  13. Millianna Augur

How is making a HoT and some short duration utility buffs group only a massive nerf? A shaman in particular can easily out DPS those adps spells.
  14. EQ Dev Developer

I think everyone here has made their point and the discussion is no longer on track. Closing the thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.