TGB

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Millianna, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Personally I never use TGB off, as a Shaman the HoT scenario is a rare case for us since we're usually focusing on healing our group vs the Main Tank. I can see the cleric point of view though. Imo Shamans and Druids will not be affected by this change and I'd imagine only some of the Clerics will have to adapt to this change, as I imagine not all clerics use the TGB off.
  2. Gnomereaper Augur

/tgb on

Never used fancy macro's, I just toggle targets with group Elixir.

If I wanted targeted on my group I'd target myself, if I wanted it on another group I'd target that other group.
  3. Millianna Augur

I am just going to say it how it is... The only reason any significant lag would occur from tgb is if people USE IT.

You cannot proclaim that use of tgb does not affect all shamans (it largely depends on your play style).

The goal of patches should be to improve quality of life, NOT to reduce it.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Using it or not would not affect the Lag imo, the Lag is more than likely from having to run the check to determine if it is on or off. Your personal selection of on or off is irrelevant since the script has to run regardless. You're right, there might be Shaman who do use TGB Off, but I would imagine it is a much smaller percentage than those who always keep it on.
  5. Millianna Augur

checks take nano seconds in most cases (sarcasm). You can just re organize your logical statements to make the code more efficient if no one uses it.

If lag does it occur its because they are willing to re work the code or people use it. My guess is people use it. Check the forums for class guides. Used a lot with healers.
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

Why would anyone toggle tgb on/off instead of just doing this? You don't lose your MT target by tabbing back to you to cast a spell.

TGB is an outdated concept in today's game. You have to think back to when it was introduced. How many people remember buffing raids before this was introduced? Now with TB and MGB, it's kind of pointless anyway.
  7. Millianna Augur

I buff a lot during raids... I need to be able to interrupt my spell casting in some cases. I cannot do that efficiently if I am swamping targets.

This is quality of life reduction.
  8. Millianna Augur

There is no point left in arguing this... If the overwhelming majority of healers do not use it, then I will concede. I really just find it hard to believe.
  9. Verily Tjark Augur

You can duck no matter who is your target. I go back to what Karhar said... What if you forget to turn it back on?

If you turn tgb off with your hot key then duck and decide not to cast a HoT on your group, do you remember to turn tgb back on? If you do and that works for you, coolio. I'm just trying to understand the heal over time spell discussion.

I do concede that unless it benefits the game this seems kind of pointless to change.
  10. Millianna Augur

Not possible to watch my group plus tanks and deal with buff /Call tells all at the same time. Not to mention the xtarget window lags behind target window.
  11. Millianna Augur

being able to keep one target reduces accidents and help keeps my sanity.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Delete /tgb. Folks can change targets like God intended.
    IblisTheMage and kizant like this.
  13. kizant Augur

It was a dumb command anyway.
  14. Millianna Augur

Most modern MMOs have multiple targets windows that do not lag behind others and does not require swamping targets. Swamping targets does not have anything to skill, just makes my eyes bleed more.
  15. Bono_UF New Member

I would like TGB permanently disabled. My buffs are for me, get your own!
  16. Millianna Augur

:) Thanks for the laugh
  17. Rickate Augur

How it used to be:

Buffers join group or single cast on each player, that group then camps to the chat server and repeat. Then the all buffed call is made on the chat server and people log in and an executive decision is made whether or not to call for engage based on how many people have not logged in as buffs are counting down with no way to know the remaining duration.

How it is now:

Someone doesn't use a 3rd party program (shocking, but it happens) and logs on a Cleric box to help with raids and can cast Elixir and whatever direct heals and keep a group alive and help heal a Tank. If TGB check is a server burden one option is to make separate versions of the spell and people will mem the spell that casts on their target if it's a PC and/or the version that always heals their own group. If that option isn't used another option is to to tinker with the pause command in a macro until a duration is found that works best for that person.

The TGB spell list is incomplete, I only know 254 - Perfected Levitation and maybe that's the only other one but you might have overlooked spells that are relevant for more than just one Crystallos raid.
  18. Millianna Augur

Or they can remove the flag from the buffs no one uses with tgb and reduce the size of things that need to be checked. I think that is what the dev was trying to get knowledge of..
  19. segap Augur

People actually camped out? I'd just buff everyone, know how long my buffs lasted (by first casting on myself if I needed it or not to have a timer), and start rebuffing on a priority basis mid fight if needed. That was good enough to consistently be the first or second guild on any server to beat raids. None of that camping to chat server crap.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What? In the near 20 years I've played this game.... not a single time have we had people camp after getting buffed. That's absurd. If you're doing it, you're taking far too long to engage an event.
    Frogmancer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.