Test Update 10/10/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Brickhaus Augur

So we can have balance in 3024?

Edit - you think the issue with class balance is that the developers cannot parse? How cute.
  2. Valcron Elder

Have to admit I didn't expect a response from you and I'm thrilled you dug into it. I am a sour Wizard who had seen the class turn into a second rate damage dealer. Was just hoping for some future changes for us. This really only helped with big dot classes not me.
  3. Cadira Augur

No sir. That is far, far more on the math side of the equation.
  4. Meeko Developer(Code)

We discovered while doing work on the kill credit fixes that there was a DoT/HoT specific item modifier that was never fully implemented. All the code already existed and was being checked, but it was just adding 0 because there were no items with that stat in the game. Rather than rip that code out, we opted to just change what item stat was being checked in the calculation so it added something rather than being useless as it was previously.

In no way was this change meant to do anything with class balance or tuning and from the numbers I shared previously, I don't believe it will.
    GrandOpener, Ozon, Emilari and 4 others like this.
  5. Valcron Elder

Thanks I see what you're saying now. But since we touched on it, is balancing going to be taken into account with the new expansion? I can only take seeing Magician, Magician, Necro, Necro, Druid, Magician in the top ten so many times. (I know you've seen the parses)! That makes me so giddy
  6. Kosha Journeyman

They've already said they plan to carve out time for that in 2024. The melee classes don't think it will happen, but time will tell.

Serious question though. What will your reaction be if wizards were tops again for 6 months, and then fell back down in the rankings like now and remained that way a few years? You should emotionally prepare yourself, because that's just kind of how this game goes.
  7. Valcron Elder

I think it would be just nice to not see so much dominance by 1 or 2 other classes. That's my biggest gripe about it. I'm old school, I miss the days when the big Ice Comet would land and move that dragons HP by a large %. Anyways enough of me derailing the conversation.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just out of interest what is the increase for mages and wizzys?
  9. GrandOpener Elder

Thank you Meeko! I really appreciate that you're willing to give that context.
    Barton likes this.
  10. Valcron Elder

I was under the impression this was already affecting it?
  11. Poyzen Frawg Augur

You are saying the way people circumvent having to play with others was broken?
  12. Kelorin New Member

You can get this issue if two individuals in the same household play as well. Don't even have to be boxing.
    Kaenneth and Yinla like this.
  13. Cainen Augur

Poyzen Frawg said:
    “You are saying the way people circumvent having to play with others was broken?”

You can get this issue if two individuals in the same household play as well. Don't even have to be boxing.

This 100%. Me, my brother, and his wife all play. We've had to remove ANY multibinds from our hotbars as anything over 2-3 multibinds causes DCs almost constantly. No boxing, just playing it was SUPER annoying. I can not wait for the patch so I can have my warriors mash key working properly again.
    Poyzen Frawg likes this.
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Nah. Which Truebox servers do you or have you played on, and in what eras?

As EQ gets into its later eras, multibinding abilities becomes a staple of how most classes are played.

What that thread with hundreds of likes and replies is saying - the way truebox disconnections work, if you're running 2+ characters from the same ISP for any reason at all, multibinds can and will disconnect you even if you're completely following the rules of the server. Maybe you're boxing 2 characters in a raid. Maybe you're playing with your spouse in the same home. Or maybe you're boxing a whole army of characters with a bunch of screens set up like it's freakin' Minority Report, doesn't really matter.

It has nothing to do with avoiding playing with others. People could literally be playing EQ with 50 of their friends in a raid, and then get disconnected while following the rules of the server playing their characters on separate devices.

If you have any other questions about Truebox disconnections in the later eras of TLP, feel free to ask! This is a fantastic quality of life change for all affected servers.
    Poyzen Frawg, SteamFox and Skuz like this.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Update after update im waiting for them to add something hoping soon i got 5 accounts with 1800-2000 agents.
    Metanis likes this.
  16. Kaewen New Member

Now if we could get Healing Focus effects to apply in the same way to HoTs that would be great :)
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The patch notes indicated that the healing amount will apply to HoT's the same way that spell damage amount will apply to DoT's which is what he was talking about.
  18. Kaewen New Member

I was referring to healing Focus Effects such as "Dragon Health" on Obsidian Pauldrons.
    [IMG] Dragon Health
    Description
    1: Increase Healing by 1% to 50%
    2: Limit: Max Level(70) (lose 5% per level over cap)
    3: Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
    4: Limit: Instant spells only
    5: Limit: Spell Type (Beneficial only)
    6: Limit: Spell (Complete Heal excluded)
    7: Limit: Spell (Complete Heal excluded)
    8: Limit: Effect (Percentage Heal excluded)
    9: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that is unrelated to the change that happened in the patch.
  20. Kaewen New Member

Obviously It was just a comment regarding a potential future change that could be applied using the same/similar formula and not be game breaking.