Test Update 10/10/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 9, 2023.

1. EQ Dev Developer

October 10, 2023

*** Highlights ***

- Removed True Box from Mangler, Aradune, Mischief, and Thornblade.
    - The Target of Target window has been converted to the new UI engine.

*** Items ***

- Marked the following as quest items:
    -- Fractured, Warped, Distorted, and Phased Primeval and Coeval Luminessence and Incandessence
    -- Palladium, Iridium, and Rhodium Encrusted Clays
    -- Coin, Emblem, and Amulet of Brell

*** Quests & Events ***

- Corrected an issue where lockout modifiers would not affect shared task lockouts if you left the task or went offline before it was finished.

*** Spells ***

- Heal and damage over time spells are now affected by Heal Amount and Spell Damage modifiers, respectively.

*** AA ***

- Bard - Updated all ranks of Troubadour's Synergy to focus the last 2 spells in both the Insult and Disdain lines.

*** Overseer ***

- The confirmation box when starting an Overseer quest has been removed.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Randomized Old Man McKenzie loot on randomized loot servers.
    - Removed True Box from Mangler, Aradune, Mischief, and Thornblade.
    - Added the no encounter lock flag to various NPCs.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected an issue where instance lockouts could sometimes double.
    - Modified the /follow command to ignore "%t" as a parameter, as following the current target is the default behavior.
    - The /bug command on the Test server now redirects you to the Test server bug forums.
    - Shrouding will now close multiple windows that may become unusable in your new form.

*** UI ***

- Corrected an issue where achievement chat filters would not save their settings when turned off.
    - Corrected an issue where messages from another player drinking alcohol would not go to the Food and Drink Messages filter.
    - The Target of Target window has been converted to the new UI engine.
    - Fixed item icons lingering in the inventory after being donated for Tribute.
    - Fixed items sometimes not highlighting in the inventory.
    - Viral spells now show Viral Range and Spread Time in the Spell Display window.
    - Resized columns in Alt. Currency will be saved after logging out.

- Added -

- TargetOfTargetWindow.html

- The EverQuest Team
    Tarvas, minimind, Memnoch9299 and 2 others like this.
  2. jeskola pheerie

And there was much rejoicing over on Mangler.
  3. WFSBelaar Lorekeeper

Literally unbelievable.
    Winnowyl and Skuz like this.
  4. Stoobid Aggro New Member

Last time I quit EQ was because boxing (plus mercs) totally destroyed the social game. Now I have been playing on Thornblade since it started, not the least because it was designated as a True Box server... and you guys are going to open for unlimited boxing there too ?

I already have people around me wanting to just quit.

Why fix stuff that is not broken? Give me ONE reason how removing True Box will make the "M" parts in MMORPG better?
    Poyzen Frawg and Seychelle like this.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Here ya go: a 10 page thread of reasons. In Seeds of Destruction era on Thornblade you were on the cusp of constant truebox disconnections via multibinds. On behalf of the Mangler server community, you're welcome.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...once-again-asking-for-relaxed-truebox.289947/

Oh, and you can't force people to be social in 2023 EQ. If they wanna box a team they are gonna box a team.
  6. Brickhaus Augur

Why the change?

Could this be at least a check box option in Options?

Two reasons I want the option to have the box:

-First, you can maneuver the Quest start dialog box to have the Yes positioned over the Start Quest button ... so the change is going from a double click to a single click ... not much of a change

-Second, with the Auto-Fill option, sometimes higher level agents (particularly on Research tasks) are picked up in the opening slot if the "perfect" agent isn't available. With the dialog box, you can stop yourself from starting the task and hand-correct the agent ... it gives you time to see the problem.
    Hegsheoshed, Yinla and Nennius like this.
  7. unoplank Apprentice

bless you all
    Skuz likes this.
  8. AethDW Elder

Amazing patch on a number of points. Is the 2 character per real person limit on Aradune also removed?
  9. Meeko Developer(Code)

Because it streamlines a process that people do multiple times per day with effectively no downside. It's a small change, but they all add up.

You're correct this is a decent workaround and it's what I've been doing myself. But it also forces the confirmation box to always be in that position which can be inconvenient for other times when it's used. If you happen to move the location of the Overseer window to claim a reward, check inventory, or do anything else, it also means you had to move the confirmation window to the new spot too.

There's still a visual representation of which agents are picked for each slot. The removal of the confirmation box doesn't stop you from scanning those or making an adjustment after using Auto-Fill if you're going to min/max the success chance.
    Andarriel, alanus, Emilari and 14 others like this.
  10. Stoobid Aggro New Member

Obviously boxers are going to whine and holler, but no one is being forced to be social with True Box. What True Box does is to keep most of the large crew boxers away from the server.

Oh.. btw, how large of a Jesus complex must one have to title oneself the spokesperson of the Mangler server community?
  11. Razorfall Augur

Yep. Repetitive motion injuries are real and any little bit helps :)
  12. Aoibhinn New Member

If you think that people aren't skirting around the rules and boxing anyways, you've got your head in the sand
    Skuz and Risiko like this.
  13. jeskola pheerie

In theory maybe, in reality no.
    Skuz and Risiko like this.
  14. Pikollo Augur

Am I missing it or did Ulgin not make it in the patch? The quest/raid NPC in Korascian.
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

What is the benefit of keeping large box crews away from any server in level 70+ content? Or in Thornblade's case specifically, now level 85+ content?

More players on a server is a good thing, right? So you have people to group and raid with, people to buy/sell things in the bazaar, people to farm up lots of tradeskill items and collectibles, etc.

Raid content is entirely instanced, and an ever increasing share of valuable group content is as well as the expansions go on. There are also pick zones available.

Having large box crews present on any server past the open world raid content eras quite literally has only positive impacts on any server, and this has been discussed at length - to the tune of hundreds of likes on the original post and hundreds of replies in the thread I linked.
    Eryndhel, Xara_NC and Skuz like this.
  16. Vewdue Elder

Why would you quit over this? Is it magically going to stop you from grouping with the players you already play with? As someone who is on Thornblade, I can assure you the pick up group game has long been dead here. I don't even remember the last time I saw someone in the LFG window. If you haven't already joined a social group within your guild or among friends, you aren't going to find many new people to play with either way.

At least with truebox removed, you can team up with a couple other players and fill in the remaining spots with a box. There's already a significant portion of the player base boxing, this will just increase the number of players who do it a little and make it easier for those that already do. You're not going to see massive box armies hitting up raid targets like you would on a TLP just starting out. It's not going to significantly change the social interactions on the server.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Stoobid Aggro New Member

Obviously people are skirting around the rules and/or trying to cheat in all sorts of ways. There always will be people who do that, but while there are standards and rules that are against them, they need to be less obvious and will be caught eventually.
  18. Dixa Augur

EQ has been primarly a box game for over a decade at least. look at all of the threads in the newbie forum. the most common suggestion is to box.
    Eryndhel and Badchanter like this.
  19. Pikollo Augur

Sorry to disagree amigo. Pappasalt and I fought forever in an attempt to get truebox removed on Selo and it fell on deaf ears. We tried again on Thornblade multiple times while Mangler also threw in their voice. There are many forum posts, discord discussions etc. of people wanting truebox looked at for later expac TLPs. We asked for relaxed but we are in the era of it being removed entirely.

My advice will be to tell you that the game won't change for you. If you already have a group of people you group with they won't kick you out cuz they can box now (I'd hope). If they do we got plenty of people that group in our guild and you can come see us. A lot of the people that have big box armies are already skirting the rules or have the computers to do it. You won't see much of a change on the box army stand point. Those subs cost money and we still have to pay to play here unlike live.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Stoobid Aggro New Member

Obviously there are a few people who want to have their box armies, especially on servers like Mangler and Thornblade, who see an opportunity to monopolize lucrative spots and farm Krono. Totally understandable point of view from the vantage point of boxers, but that does not mean the rest of the population is interested in having them around and would hate to see the server take a step closer to the shitshow Rizlona is for example.