Test Update 10/09/12

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Hrmm... do you even use Havoc during your burn (IE during Twincast Spell / Improved Twincast). I didn't think you did due to low dmg and stacking conflictions.

This doesn't affect your burst DPS if so, it affects your sustained. Not to say the nerf isn't silly, just saying... this doesn't hurt your burst DPS unless I'm not understanding the situation.
  2. Zahrym Augur

If this is happening for the reason I believe, then it's not far from helping even out DPS on a broad scale. Combined with the wizard change it's probably foresight toward intended RoF balance.
  3. Galin Augur

Just failed for me.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It does not affect our burst, but it will severely affect our sustained while grouping, (which is terrible), or during long events (20 minutes+), so unless there is some plan to massively increase that by some other means, it will hurt us quite a bit.

To Piro, there has been no other changes to the spell or the procs.

To the people wondering about Kolos Fury, I parsed the spell file, and it shows that rank 2 and 3 now give 15% Hundred Hands effect, where as before they gave 16 and 17% respectively.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

The only way i would use it on a burn is if i was desperately low on mana while my discs were running and hope for a forceful rejuvenation proc; i wouldn't waste a counter of ITC otherwise. No, It doesn't really hurt our burst DPS, just our sustained and in reality, not even that so much. We lose dps using this spell over our Ethereals (if we have mana) unless we get lucky and proc a twincast because that 5% chance per cast was so overpowered.

The real value to me was the chance at the extra forceful rejuvs for the extra harvests on longer events
  6. Shang Augur

What's the damage?
  7. Rainbowdash Augur

Not seeing any new mob up in Erillion btw. Neither track nor actually seeing him with my own eyes :p. Gonna try the outskirts of RT/Valley in a sec to see if that's what you meant by 'lands around Erillion'. :p

I'm guessing this is the opening of the pre-release event for RoF given the story behind him being here? Odd. I was willing to place money that all that stuff in Jaggedpine would be the pre-release. lol
  8. Caudyr Augur

It still could be, y'know. Some of the pre-release event, or all of it for all we know, could end up taking place there after you speak to this guy.
  9. Ronak Augur

Yikes. The last thing wizards needed was a hit to sustained.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

- Reduced the timer from 45 minutes to 5 minutes for the adventure success replay timer.

Which timers??

Please say LDON.
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  11. Riou EQResource

That should be LDoN yea, since those are the only adventures I believe
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Someone nail Aristo down at the FanFaire, he NEVER communicates his thoughts on the boards, what is he planning for our spells? We seriously need a boost and not a little one.
  13. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Likely also DON's too, and Monster Missions, pretty much anything on the 45 min timer that uses the LDON code.
  14. Zegzag New Member

I'm not a wizard, but even seeing this hurt me a little on the inside :confused:
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What about the Nobles set? Will the robe be awarded as one of the other Mercenary Achievements or as an additional BP for the achievement it comes with?
  16. Kristuf New Member

Thanks for info
  17. Naugrin Augur

Testcopy normally doesn't work until live has the same patch as test does.
  18. Recnarp Augur

Second nerf to Kolos Fury this year. SOE is pro at this.
  19. Naugrin Augur

Double post
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Since last Wednesday's recompile patch /testcopy and uchat has been down and the server crashed repeatedly and was down for semi long periods on Saturday (3 hours) and Sunday (7+ hours) and then only about an hour on Monday evening. No mention if today's patch alleviated that or not but so far since the servers came back up, no crashes. We'll have to wait and see