Test Update 10/09/12

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Pirlo Augur

You're absolutely right Darchon, my post was mostly vocalizing the shock to see any sort of wizard nerf in the patch notes.

But as others have stated, this may be a balancing act to prepare the RoF version of this spell to be great.
    /crosses fingers
  2. Riou EQResource

The cure buff that is cast seems to have 0 counters for its Cure Detrimental slot instead of the values it should be, so, for now this is worse then current versions in game and a nerf :p. Also the heal value bug reported like a year ago still exists :(
  3. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Has to be something to do with RoF on the Wizard Change maybe it will be something Good Cross your fingers or Gnome Hats Wizards
    Pirlo likes this.
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

I hope so too, but after months of waiting for promised changes, i have resigned myself....
    Thil likes this.
  5. Naugrin Augur

So this will not cure pets and / or mercs?
  6. Naugrin Augur

Hmm no more quote pyramids.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

What about classes that are not cloth classes, but can wear a robe graphic?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Rainbowdash Augur

Yeah i see no one in Erillion :( Of course it's entirely possible that I'm just missing him visually and that he isn't set to trackable so my bard isn't catching him. If he is indeed bugged, hope he gets fixed. I'm thoroughly intrigued by this =D

Also i just dug through the patched files. witchhat.eqg
    Haven't seen this one drop yet, only the scarecrow/skeleton, but I'm going to guess it looks like a pointy wizard hat. If that's the case, grats to all of those people that have been begging for this for one reason or another since the beginning of history :p
  9. Rainbowdash Augur

I previewed it on a Vah Shir (which does not normally get a robe graphic). It shows up. Now as to finding a cloth or reg robe item these races can use to put the ornament in....good luck.

P.S. robed female kitty = hot.
  10. Riou EQResource

No idea, they aren't PC's so probably? Which would mean no more Cures on them atleast from Paladin splash, which I suppose is a nerf overall :p just so it wont Cure Charmed pets
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

There's a leather tunic thing from a mob in the leprechaun area of SS. It displays as a robe graphic. Also one in Fear Itself.
  12. Izcurly Augur

I checked the spell file to see what changed. This is a more useful and accurate wording of the change, without using the word "nerf":

- Beastlord - Changed the Hundred Hands effect on Kolos' Fury Rk. II and III to be the same as Kolos' Fury.

It is a nerf, of course! Kolo's Fury (all ranks) now have the same hundred hands ability as level 88 Nature's Fury Rk. III.
  13. Aristo Developer

1. The wizard change is definitely related to a big change in those spell types with RoF, where I'm trying to make an explicit difference between sustainable DPS and burst DPS, but frankly if I'd ever noticed they weren't already sharing a timer I would have put them on it earlier.
    2. The Splash change doesn't remove all curing ability from the base spell (the poison/disease/curse/corruption cures stay where they are), but it does move the most powerful one (remove detrimental) to a player cure only. We've kicked thoughts on this ability around for quite a while (read: years) and this was the best way we could think of to make charmed pets safe without significantly reducing the spell's overall usefulness in raids.
    3. The Hundred Hands change in Kolos' Fury ranks II and III isn't meant to "fix" any DPS imbalances on its own. It's more that the spell power progression for that effect couldn't continue so it was better to cap the effect here rather than have a bigger problem later. I know no one likes to get nerfed, but this was necessary for the future.
  14. Caudyr Augur

Thanks for actually responding to the concerns of the playerbase on the changes, at least.
  15. Naugrin Augur

Hmm no more quote pyramids.
  16. Riou EQResource

Aristo, the Cure portion on the 2nd portion that is Cure only (Sanctified Cure) all have Cure Detrimental (0) on all 3 ranks where on VoA Splash has 10, 11, 12 and the UF one has 8, 9, 10 for their 3 ranks.
  17. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Good to Know Info Aristo nice to see you posting on The New Forums!
  18. Pirlo Augur

Thanks Aristo!
    /manhug
  19. shiftie Augur

Do you have an update on when the healing effectiveness of splash when you reach level 93 is going to be fixed. This was brought up last beta. It has been a year and there is no word on this fix and it is still broken. The level 93 version heals less than the level 83 version did when it was current despite having a higher base value, this is a serious issue with spell effectiveness vs player HP inflation. The current spell lands on a single player for less than 1/10th of max hp when the spell was introduced it landed for about 1/3 of max hp.

thanks.
  20. Recnarp Augur

SOE just hates burst dps I feel. Instead of stacking burst guilds will just do what they did in VoA and stack sustained.

Edit: So since 100hands is capped now, any more stagnation changes beastlords can look forward to?
  21. Pirlo Augur

People on test reporting that this NPC is either very well hidden, or bugged and not in game yet. Rangers have said he is not on track and they have checked Sarith and RT as well.