Test Update 09/17/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Elidroth reduced the mana cost because it was impossible to actually USE all the counters before you ran out of mana.

Changing back to the old SPA would fix the mana preservation issue, except he blocked mana preservation ANYWAY so it still isn't working...and even if he removed the block, mana preservation is only 11% (average) worn and 16% (average) If you use Lost Secrets. That is 27% vs the 36% he increased it, and that would requiring burning lost secrets every time as well, otherwise it is 11 vs 36%.
  2. Kezik Lorekeeper

Looks like they are trying to cut back on Wizard sustained,which has been out of hand for some time now. Maybe we will get a new itsm filled with Wizard tears.
    ~Mills~ likes this.
  3. -wycca Augur

You do realize that this will pretty much double base melee dps on TLP servers? They're already topping parses easily. I'm not sure what rationale you'd have for playing a caster dps on these servers now. This impacts group and raid content alike. Raid burst is now going to be a ton higher.
  4. ~Mills~ Augur

I would find it pretty weird if they suddenly reeled in wizards after just now giving rogues and zerkers burstained and AE dominance in 95% of EQ.
  5. Qulas Augur

I have a level 55 monk on live, the current damage bonus for his one handed weapon is 10, and for his Tranquil Staff is 21. Upon test copying and checking on test his bonus for one handed weapons became 5, and his Tranquil Staff became 13, so it actually went down instead of up.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

Not if they cant fade and rest to get endo back :(
  7. ~Mills~ Augur

They don't need to fade and use rest unless they die. There are maybe 2 fights in EQ that last longer then 5 minutes in duration where end might be a concern for dps. In the group game they just have to med sooner while still pouring on the dps.
  8. Derresh Augur

Furious rampage nerfed to 48second duration down from 70sec
  9. Ghubuk Augur

I suspect they won't be able to go all out for an extended period of time with the fade change without getting aggro.
  10. Rathlorn New Member

These abilitys are not a Fade ability just normal Feign Death ability, why the lvl cap? Is this intended or an over-site?
  11. Brohg Augur

Those abilities have a built in chance to Fade.
  12. sojero One hit wonder

Yep cause every guild does every event in 5 min or less and no one ever dies :)
    Koryu and Mayfaire like this.
  13. -wycca Augur

Ok that prompted me to do some checking. This is interesting.

I loaded up Wycca on test, who is level 76 there. Here's what I found -
    1h -
    32/19 = 9dmg bonus
    32/20 = 9dmg bonus
    45+1/20 = 13dmg bonus
    42+1/20 = 12dmg bonus
    3/10 = 0dmg bonus
    14/19 = 4dmg bonus
    7/20 = 2dmg bonus

2h -
    80+1/32 = 53dmg bonus
    38/30 = 23dmg bonus
    6/50 = 6dmg bonus
    43+1/30 = 26dmg bonus
    21/44 = 19dmg bonus
    70+2/28 = 40dmg bonus
    36/40 = 30dmg bonus
    10/50 = 10dmg bonus

Throwing -
    37/15 = 0dmg bonus

If it has a level component in it, it looks like a nerf to melee on TLP instead of a boost. Also, it appears to have a ratio component to it.
    Simone likes this.
  14. Riou EQResource

Think it's due to the part where they have the chance to memblur built in
    Sheex likes this.
  15. Axxius Augur

Fenzied Devastation is burst, not sustained.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Not to mention that the previous incarnation's name was "Prolonged Destruction."
  17. Riou EQResource

Sustained new AA also has higher mana cost then old one :p
  18. Rathlorn New Member

I forgot Rigor Mortis had the fade thing attached (Been a few years heh) and they are gonna add the fade to the other versions it seems. Thanks for answers.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No one uses that anyway.
    Axxius likes this.
  20. Qulas Augur

I'm not entirely sure how the new formula works, Abashi's Rod of Disempowerment is a 30 delay 2 handed weapon, it currently is showing a 43 damage bonus on test. A 30 delay weapon 2 handed weapon from Arx Mentis ( Faculta Primia ) has a damage bonus of 278.

It appears the damage bonus is calculated by level and what era the weapon drops in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.