Test Update 09/17/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyrotec New Member

Fantastic patch guys. This is what we like to see! Let the whiners whine you guys keep on going!
    Sheex likes this.
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

I am reading this as spells will now get the added benefit from multiple versions of the same focus effects at the same time. Is that right? For example necros using poison focus on both bracers or healers with healing focus on arms and neck or cultural with 7 fire focus augs?
  3. mackal Augur

No. Previously focus effects in spells were limited to one focus effect, Now they can have more than one focus effect in a single spell.
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

I understand how they currently work, but the wording is kind of vague and i am making no assumptions.
  5. Uxtalzon Augur

Glad to see mob resists are also re-tuned.

Interesting to see what this sanctuary buff is, instead of an invisibility effect. Does this apply all the time (meaning no more invis) or just during instances of combat?

And it's sort of explained in a better sense for fade in general. Correct me if I'm wrong:

- If right next to a mob, you remove all hate but don't get invis (meaning you can re-aggro immediately).

Example: using fade while fighting a skeleton. It sees invis, so re-aggros. Same/Similar thing?

- If far enough distance, fade acts like it did before. Removed hate + invis/whatever. If it works.
    - Only works on yellow cons and below, certain classes being the exception. If it works.
    - Won't work at all on red cons/raids/nameds for most.
    - Fade has a built-in chance to fail now. What that percentage is, we don't know.

Wish I had the time to dive in and test this stuff, but all I can do is ask from the sidelines. QQ
  6. mackal Augur

This means if you hit your fade spell and it successfully works on everything, it will work exactly like it did before, distance doesn't matter. If you hit fade and it fails and you're high on a mobs hate list that's within 30 feet, it won't apply the buff (invis or w/e)

We do know the chance, they're in the current spells on live (and have been) See http://spells.eqresource.com/spells...=&level=1&range=greater&order=asc&source=live for current live intended chances. Notice a lot of the classes are intended to be 100% chance.
    Sheex likes this.
  7. Ghubuk Augur

So, other than the lvl cap, the drop aggro portion of fade will work pretty much like it always has as even the non-100% classes are still quite high. The invis portion likely just means being a bit smarter on when to use it, ie, need to move away from mob at least 30 feet. At least, that is how I am reading it.
  8. Riou EQResource

Does the Overhaste AA not work or does it just not update the Haste: row in the Stats tab in the Inventory screen?

Either way is prob a bug :p
    Dzarn likes this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That means you haven't seen IT...yet.
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

These pulling changes are bs. You already have the option to flag a mob as unable to be flung as many mobs in PoW tell you something along the lines of "this spell will not work on this mob". You could have flagged any mob you didn't want pulled with moving mountains or hates attraction like that rather then breaking it everywhere. As far as fade again you could have handled this differently making mobs a challenge to pull rather then nerfing player power years after the fact. You guys still don't get it. You don't kneecap your players and tell them its so they have more fun years after the fact.

That being said necros received pulling tools prior to or at the same time as many of the classes that now seem to be being deemed as pullers because of their +5 level cap fade setting. Please change necromancers fade cap to +5 their level as well.

Also am I to understand rather than fixing AE for melee you simply let them have their cake and eat it too? As they now always have the benefit of their AE ability be it single target situations or for actual AE'ing when desired. So they never have to go without doing their top dps in every situation, hopefully these two abilities at least share a timer. All this after drastically nerfing wizards and mages AE's not very long ago.
  11. Silv Augur

So basically then if you try and use Enchanter fade on a mob >Lv. 107 you'll still get stunned but the mob will still be able to wail on you if no one else is on aggro? That's what is implied if what you're saying is true but I don't agree that's what will happen. Since it's coded that mobs won't hit a mezzed player the level cap would be meaningless even if applied to Enchanter fade unless the Mez part falls under the "30 ft away" rule. I won't be able to test this for a few hours; hopefully someone else posts before I get home. :)
  12. FixShamanPlease Elder

Negation of Subtlety is insta clickable and visible in buffs.
    How this toggle on/off works? Can they be hotkeyed? Visible in game without openning AA UI?
    If not, can you still keep Negation of Sub?
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

Do the new ranks of Frenzied Devastation (formerly prolonged destruction) use the 0-100% mana cost mod from the original 3 ranks of Frenzied instead of the 0-31% from Prolonged?
  14. kizant Augur

I have to say I like the direction things are going. Good stuff overall even if fade becomes a little less op.

Also, did people really think Argin-hiz was difficult? The changes to COTF mobs is the only thing that kinda confuses me in this update. It was at least mildly interesting trying to figure out whether charm/mez/root/stun was appropriate in each case but once you figured it out it wasn't any more difficult than any other zone.
  15. Qulas Augur

Been testing the item clicks, Form of Defense, and Overhaste seem to be bugged.

Ancient Flames grants the proper rank of aa

[Thu Sep 17 14:49:11 2015] You have improved Item: Ancient Flames 8 at a cost of 0 ability points.

However the overhaste does not work anymore.

Form of Defense 21 ( XXI ) grants rank 20 of the form of defense AA. The graphic in game says that it grants 1740 AC, however the spell data shows it grants 522 AC.

[Thu Sep 17 14:51:25 2015] You have improved Item: Form of Defense XXI 20 at a cost of 0 ability points.

Seems to be a missing rank for Form of Defense?

Form of Endurance 21 ( XXI ) grants 21 ranks of the form of endurance AA, so seems right.

[Thu Sep 17 14:51:20 2015] You have improved Item: Form of Endurance XXI 21 at a cost of 0 ability points.

Might of Stone 9 ( IX ) is granted the right rank ( 12 ) also. Savage Guard + Furious Might + Might of the Giants + 9 = 12.

[Thu Sep 17 14:58:16 2015] You have improved Item: Might of Stone IX 12 at a cost of 0 ability points.

Prismatic Ward 17 ( XVII ) grants the right rank ( 22 ) also. Soul Energy + Minor Ward + Eternal Ward + Chaotic Ward + Unliving Ward ( 5 + 17 = 22 )

Myrmidon's Skill 11 ( XI ) is giving rank 12 of the aa. It seems Party Popper Nimbus is rank 4 of this line.
  16. just_some_bard Lorekeeper

/stopcast is broken for bards. when clicking an item in inventory and or clickable aa. the cast bar disappears and the spell gem/song icons re-illuminate. but, the spell being cast goes through. i.e., clicking throne/gate potions/illusion items within my inventory.

songs work though, /cast 1 and then /stopcast does not trigger a song.
  17. Xikteny Augur

[IMG]
  18. Brudal Augur

Will we keep or lose the max hit point adjustment that both of these previously provided? Yes I know it is only 20 hit points but that margin has kept me alive in the past.
  19. Dzarn Developer

The HP was moved to the 'Veteran's Enhancement' ability.

Could you provide more information regarding what is not working with this?
    From looking at the character's calculated stats I'm seeing the benefit of SPA 119 on the character at the intended values.

Thank you, corrected the display name of Form of Defense which was missing "Form of Defense XX"

Spell parsers typically divide the raw AC value by 3 or 4 which gives incorrect values depending on what class you are. Values displayed in game are the raw AC values which do not translate directly into your displayed numbers without math.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Silv and Reht like this.
  20. Mintalie Augur

Oh Beimeith, you tease.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.