Test Update 09/10/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Crystilla Augur

You folks need to list out the spells that are affected, give spell ID#'s or something to Jansan so he has more to go on. (Remember Jansan is not the spell guy so he's not going to know all the names for all the classes for all the spells that are incorrect.)
  2. Cerris Augur

Oathbound (Spell ID: 39660), the proc on the Oathbound Hammer, is summoning the wrong sort of pet. From the description, it should be summoning swarm pets that look like ghostly qeynos guards. Instead, it's summoning persistent pets (so they get a pet window, are treated as heal and buff targets by cleric mercenaries, and you can only have one at a time) which despawn after a few seconds. They also use the default human ("Doug") model while making spectre sounds.

Oh, and they also don't automatically attack your target, you need to either /pet attack or get hit.

In fairness, I don't think I've used it in a zone that actually has the ghostly qeynosian guard models, so it might just be that the model isn't in the global file.

So there are two bugs:

1) It summons the wrong sort of pet.
    2) The pets don't look right.

I could definitely live with 2) but getting 1) fixed would be great.

This isn't new to the update, it's been the case since I looted the hammer, but I thought it might get some developer love if I brought it up. :)
    guado, Gyurika Godofwar and Koryu like this.
  3. Tobin Augur

I do not buy from the bazaar anything in the field to avoid the 10% fee and I would NEVER use a currency that had such a surcharge. so there is a difference.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Drathus Augur

. . . soooooo are these Noble going to start showing up in the SC store? =P

On a more serious note, now that currency is tied to an item, this is not lore, is there going to be a dupe problem introducing massive amounts of plat into the economy?
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Managed to get on and test this tonight, any chance of getting it changed to only coming up with only the items sellable and not listing all the items which the vendor is not interested in purchasing.

Also can we get added a do not sell this item flag?
    I have various tradeable items I never want to sell, most have augs in so they cannot be dropped or sold by mistake, but it would be nice to have a flag for it for things like tradeskill items and food and drink.
  6. Kravitz Augur

There is a huge difference. If the noble currency is going to take 10% out of the game via exchanges, then all plat/gold/silver/copper transactions need to do the same via any form of trade, or no player is going to use the noble currency at a 10% loss each time. And no one will like that change either.

My earlier suggestion in this thread of charging a tax for any traded good between buyers/traders plus an upkeep for items you are buying/selling in buyer/trader mode is a better solution. As well as, via any trades occurring through the trade window. We are already charging a tax on parcel delivery, 15-20% sales tax in game is not that unreasonable considering how fast you can accumulate plat these days. Introducing another new currency is definitely not going to fix the issue, because that doesn't take care of the underlying problem of plat inflation.

Even reverting back to tradeskill items having no vendor value would be a good step forward, I don't know why tradeskill items had to be changed to have a vendor value 2-3 years ago when Ronak complained about how hard it was to get plat in game, now we are at the opposite end of the spectrum, to much plat in the game. That would even ensure a health economy for items worth more than 1 mill pp currently, and Krono as well. There is going to be a huge problem once Krono prices hit over 1 mill pp unless bazaar gets fixed anytime soon. We will be back to the days of using chat channel spam, to make any form of trades with items over 1mill pp worth (there is already a quite abit of that in General channel already, even with tons of cross server spam in General chat).

I'm not sure what the developers intention are with this currency, either this wasn't thought through at all or if the intention of this currency is to take plat out of the game this is the wrong way to do it. Would really like to hear a developers though about the intention of this.
    Tobin likes this.
  7. Smallpox Augur

I aug all the tradeable items I want to keep so I can to prevent accidental loss.

I have been asking for years to get an aug slot (any aug slot) put on the Manastone (pre-nerf) just for that reason. Granted I do not carry it around, it is a collectors item, but it would be nice to have it safe.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3650

The last "excuse" that I received was that it was not intended to be "equipped". Ya, so a pre-nerf Circlet of Shadow was?
  8. strongbus Augur

what I ment is they charge a fee to buy stuff form the bazaar without being in the bazaar and at the player. Using this currency is no different. If I remember right trader maxes out at what 1 million pp for a item. So say I wanted to sell something for 3 million pp I could list it for 30 of the new currency. If a person wants it bad enough they will pay the fee to get it.

Before they lifted the pp limit on free to play. I knew of people who when they go close to the limit would go to a vendor and buy up gems. Then when they need money they would sell the gem back. Ya they lose some pp in the deal but it let them have more pp then the limit set.
  9. Kravitz Augur

Using your reasoning, 1 value of the new currency would have to be worth 2.1 mill pp or more, which is the current cap in bazaar. And then you have to get players to actually want to go and exchange plat for a Noble at a 10% loss each time, how are you going to get people to do that? The parcel delivery offers "convenience" of not having to run around, that 10% loss is worth it to players. The Noble currency offers no such convenience so, why would players use it, when they can exchange plat to plat amongst one another.

Still not the right solution to stop the plat inflation though, cause that only impacts a select few, it has to be across the board effect.
  10. segap Augur

For established people, that might work. For returning players (I actually know quite a few), it could make things very difficult. In my first 5 months back, I was getting bags of platinum from the loyalty vendor just to be able to afford to buy my spells. I didn't start to accumulate any plat until after I reached 100 and no longer needed to buy spells (other than the atrocious cost of dreadmotes if I didn't want to do ROF missions by myself over and over) and all the gear I needed was trivial to get thanks to Gribble. And I loot everything that I can either sell to a vendor for >1p or on /barter for >5p.

I personally do not enjoy farming plat or playing the buy low/sell high bazaar game.
  11. Kravitz Augur

Those atrocious prices in bazaar are because of Krono. The plat got spread across the board to players, the effect that Krono has in general, which is a good thing. But, the bazaar prices sky rocketed cause traders realized they can charge more now cause now more people have plat to spend. The problem is there is a plat cap in bazaar, so everything that sells in bazaar is going to go up in value as more Krono spread the plat among the player base, the value of items will go up till it reaches that cap. The only way to stop that is to stop the plat inflation across the board. If you charge players a tax for buyer/trader + upkeep for having them each item up, you wouldn't see those atrocious prices, and the market would settle back down.
  12. Kreacher Augur

Other people do buy that way. I do all the time. However you currently have a choice, and for yourself, the extra 10% cost is not worth the time it takes to go to the baz and buy it.

The new currency is valued at 100k per noble.
    An item such as Ancient Cloak of Flames can ONLY be sold offline through nobles. If someone else wants it, then they will need to pay for it with nobles. It's the buyer that incurs the "initial" 10% cost. Those nobles are in circulation until they are sold back. But there isn't really a reason to sell them back.

With Nobles being tradable, then the person who sold the ACoF might then sell his Nobles for 105k plat rather than back to the Noble vendor. It'll quickly find an equilibrium.

How succesful it is depends I guess on the number of high value items they are going to be bringing in. The rares in CoTF and HH probably aren't enough to make it useful, but I guess they have brought them in with the next expansion in mind. Also will Krono go past the max baz plat price? - it shouldn't with the current value of plat on blackmarket, but nothing would surprise me :)
  13. Feradach Augur

I'm confused. There's no penalty for changing copper<->silver, silver<->gold or gold<->platinum. Why would there be one for platinum<->noble? That's just ridiculous.
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Drazun New Member

Well I have a question for sony. With this new currency added in is there a way that the players who dont have the time to raid or focus that hard on Everquest, is there a way you could add on for these nobles to be traded to raid vendors for loot? I see the point of the currency but imo most people will just keep their plat over buying these kinda could consider it like everquest bit coins its a currency but a worthless currency. Allowing players who dont raid a chance to have nice gear for these I could see being more value to the players who dont have time to raid or to get the nice gear raids provide. Would be nice to see this take into effect if its possible.
  15. Ravengloome Augur

You want the gear do the raids.
    Melanippe and Elricvonclief like this.
  16. Drazun New Member

I do raid lol have been raiding for long time i got magelo check it out. Just a suggestion for alternate use for these to actually be worth something for someone.
  17. Drazun New Member

The real world has enough negative nancies lets keep it off here in the rude manor in wich you answer suggestions. This was just a thought of a alternate use for it to be valued on other servers then FV. Some people no longer have the time frame for raids or the time of raids they are working etc. I dont expect this to even be considered but it is a alternate use I could see people other then on FV to use it for.
  18. guado Augur

If there were a new, commonly circulated $500 or $1000 bill, but in order to utilize them, you have to originally pay $550 or $1100, I don't know how that would work in the long run. It may actually be beneficial. It may not be... it would be nice to have more clarification as to what the intention is for having the "tax" on the Noble.
  19. Drazun New Member

Not sure if this is correct but from what i see tax may be the extra plat it cost to buy them. For example for 20 of the Nobles is little over 2.1 million plat but to sell back to that merchant for plat is 2 mil even so looking like the extra 100k would be the tax?
  20. DCPD158 Elder

Why not call it Tummy Tickle then. Obviously a punch in the gut does no damage to anything. I know it was a request, but if you are going to take away damage (any damage from a warrior), shouldn't you add something TO the ability? How about upping the str reduction and lower the resist adjustment (from neg45 to say, neg 75)

Come to think of it, an adjustment to both Gut Punch and Knee Strike is in order. WAY too many mobs are resisting these abilities (Knee Strike especially)

Also, personal opinion, but I think Knee Strike needs to be a "cripple" like effect and Gut Punch a neg. to Attack with an instant damage and not a "tick" effect.