Test Update 09/10/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Nice patch with no major negatives. These are the kinds of patches we like to see. Was any of Elidroth's possible AA fixes that he mentioned in the AA IRC chats added in & forgot to have notes added by chance?
    Obiziana likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

We have the spell parse list from the Test Patch, most of them seem to just be fixes of extra spaces, Here
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How is it disabled? Is it disabled per account or do you have to do each char individually?

Why can't you just leave as default to what it was, rather than make everyone change it back. :rolleyes:
  4. Elizabeta Augur

Does this change the character log-in requirement at all? People who do not pay rent should be evicted, 30 days would be more suitable, not 90.

Characters who have escrow, and plenty of it, but do not log-on, should be getting the same opportunity. It takes far too long to cycle through characters especially when the zone needs to be created for their housing zone/plot/house. Don't penalize me for forgetting to log in a character on an account that I otherwise use daily.
  5. Smallpox Augur

SparxxUI has been updated to v16.9 over at EQInterface.com for this patch.
  6. Hludwolf Developer

You can't disable it, only the confirmation windows.
  7. Hludwolf Developer

"Changed housing plot eviction so that plots only get packed up after their escrow has expired for 90 days. Guild plots will still evict earlier if the required membership requirements are not met."

No more log in requirement.
    Elizabeta likes this.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've posted here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/update-bugs-08-11-14.212835/#post-3113964

and here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/update-bugs-07-16-14.212194/page-2#post-3105946

Thread here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...-wear-off-message-needed.211883/#post-3108771 and other posts elsewhere.

Several of those posts were in Bug report threads in this forum, so I know the message was put in the right spot.

Still not fixed on Test.

Let me restate it so you don't have to read all those links I put (I hope you aren't color blind):

Druid spell Nurturing Growth (tested with Rank III), the buff that prevents recast:

Duration with worn Focus Effect: Protan's Euphony (increase duration of beneficial spells by 35% up to level 100): 10 minutes 12 seconds

Duration without worn Focus Effect: 8 minutes 30 seconds.

(Note: I also have all five levels of the druid Archetype AA Spell Casting Reinforcement. I don't think our Spell Casting Reinforcement is supposed to increase a buff in a way that hurts us.)

This buff prevents you from casting Nurturing Growth again, that is the sole purpose of the many minute duration. It needs to have Extendable: Yes changed to No.

Because what appears to be designed to last 5 minutes now lasts 10 (or 8 if we take off our cloaks). So the spell can be used only 50% of the intended time.

The only issue I can see is if the bear itself (the good part which gives us mana rather than the bad part which prevents us from casting it again) is extended by the AA and focus effect and you can't separate it.

The good part is Summon Familiar: DruPet97Rk#. It is the familiar that gives us the mana, not the buff on us, I believe. So reducing the time on the buff should not matter to that, I'm assuming.

Also, can we please get a wear off message so we can set up an audio trigger when it wears off to let us know that we can then recast it?

Thank you.

There we go. Again, I apologize if this was meant to be fixed but somehow got lost (and will be fixed before the patch goes live) or if the fix involves some huge difficultly that I'm unaware of.

<mutters>And people wonder why druids feel like red-headed step-children</mutters>
    Gyurika Godofwar and guado like this.
  9. Kravitz Augur

Agree, that makes no sense, if the intent is to fix the bazaar price cap problem. If this is part of the solution to get plat out of the game, this is the wrong way to do it. A better solution would be to have % tax between players exchanging goods on their traders or buyers, 15-20% sales tax for selling as a trader or buying in buyer, and even a fee to be active in buyer and trader would be nice too, similar to how mercs get charged, but dependent on the # of items you are selling.

Hope it gets added to trader before this goes live, as well as a noble currency field in inventory window.
  10. Triconix Augur

What are the numbers of this now?
  11. Tobin Augur

NEVER in a million years would I use this at a 10% loss
    Riou and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Silv Augur

I'm sorry what....? This is seriously supposed to be considered a monthly patch? Sure, there are no "negatives" but most of these fall under hotfix, weekly 'update', or appear to be an attempt at appeasing the masses who were at SOE live. If we are giving out credit for ideas (*) can we start getting player/guild shoutouts in the future?

That aside, it seems like good intentions. The bag selling feature will be nice I suppose. I could spectulate on why this patch is so short and relatively positive but it should be pretty obvious.

ps. Oh, you forgot to fix the Geomantra overwriting Enchanter spell shield stacking again. Thanks!
    guado and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Brudal Augur

1: Increase Melee Mitigation by 25%
    2: Shield Block (15)
    3: Decrease 2H Blunt Damage v2 by 99%
    4: Decrease 2H Slash Damage v2 by 99%
    5: Decrease 2H Pierce Damage v2 by 99%
    6: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 1 is Damage v2 and less than 100
    7: Decrease Chance to Dual Wield by 1000%
  14. Triconix Augur

Other than the Shield block, it's the same numbers?
  15. Snowman Augur

- Tier 2 raid combines for alternate bracers will now work correctly.

I swear my 1st 5 petitions they had no clue what I was talking about, trying to change a bracer focus from poison to disease.........
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Is the Guise of the Ancient Gods bundle included in this patch?
  17. Wiji Elder

18. Riou EQResource

Yes, that was all that changed on that one
  19. Silvermink Lorekeeper

1 last month, 2 this month, 3 next month, by 2020 maybe they'll all be fixed.
  20. strongbus Augur

what the difference between using these and say buying something and having it parcel to you. there is a 10% fee for that.