Test Update 03/05/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by crieger, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Raynard Augur

lila, I play on test, so my question stands.

I have several accounts, I have not (nor has anyone in my household) claimed a heroic character on any of them, yet my new accounts still show no heroic characters available.

I would have to imagine by the way you describe it Roshen, that all of my accounts should have shown an available heroic character until I claimed one on any account linked to my household. That did not happen, and it obviously isn't happening for other people, since they are logging in to find no heroic characters available.
  2. Saeadyan Elder

So the character that was at level 63 that I did the upgrade on will have to be deleted to be able to claim it on live? Wish they had of said something now I either keep the one on test or I lose the second oldest character on my account. :(
  3. Sinestra Augur

You may be able to wait and purchase an additional one later when they start selling them.
  4. Saeadyan Elder

yup and if it's like EQ2 it will be 3500 sc for 1. ah well
  5. sarthek New Member

Any word on how long test is going to be locked?
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I have been messing around on test creating heroic characters and it seems for now that you can create a new one when you delete your current one.
  7. sarthek New Member

Intended for Huckle Thornleaf to be missing from Xorbb for anniversary task Evil Eye Operation? Seems like an awfully short time for the anniversary quest givers to be done for the year already.
  8. sinderkad Augur

Is the free 1 heroic deal going to live? Or is this just for Test purposes?
  9. Versifier Elder

Is this intended? I reported it in game via /bug.
    Character Creation | Non-Heroic Characters.
    Wood Elf Beastlords can only start in Crescent Reach. Greater Faydark / Kelethin should be an option.
    Guktan Monks can only start in Crescent Reach. Rathe Mountains / Gukta should be an option.
    If you are intending to leave the Greater Faydark Beastlord Guildmaster (Gwelian Wyn) where she is perhaps her daughter(Amithol Wyn) could sell the first 10ish levels of Beastlord spells?

Unrelated to the above. A new(?) window pops up with 4 icons, left clicking the icons opens additional windows each with a minimize and close button. Minimizing leaves the icons in place, clicking close removes the icons completely, choosing to close all 4 closes the new window the icons were housed in entirely.
    Window Details:
    Title "Unknown DB String 5002-30" Inline Text "Unknown DB String 5002-31"
    Title "Unknown DB String 5003-30" Inline Text "Unknown DB String 5003-31"
    Title "Unknown DB String 5004-30" Inline Text "Unknown DB String 5004-31"
    Title "Unknown DB String 5005-30" Inline Text "Unknown DB String 5005-31"
  10. Riou EQResource

Since there was an update that stripped the plat, Magicians can now not even buy a Malachite to summon a pet now :p
  11. feiddan Augur

I'd like to share an observation, and ask for clarification.

I have several SOE/Station accounts that have never logged into EQ. These accounts were created before Nov 8, 2013. These account do not currently have a Heroic Character option.

While I don't want this to turn into another EQMac post, I would like to point out that these accounts were used to play on the Al`Kabor server. I think a lot of folks would appreciate you considering this issue - it seems that not only does the account created need to have been before November 8, 2013, but it needed to have been flagged as an EverQuest account; with the move from the exclusive subscription model to the All-Access Pass, I cannot help but think there are a great many of us who have several accounts that cannot take advantage of this offer because they aren't flagged as EQ accounts.

I hope you all will reconsider your more narrow definition of "account" in favor of a broader and more inclusive one.
  12. Bman703 New Member

Hello I have a tiral, Account. And I play test was wondering why I cant have a level 85?
  13. Pelrond Elder

How do you identify a household versus an account?
  14. Kharnage New Member

I was also wondering how the household thing was determined. As a recently returned player I'm looking forward to this, but like many others, I'd like to see some clarification (especially since my 2 older kids are into eq now and they both have station accounts but only recently made them into eq accounts).
  15. Tarrin Augur

Under your account info then details where it has all game features enabled it lists :
    • Trial Heroic Character
    • Trial Heroic Character Consumable Pack
    • Trial Heroic Character IP Check
    My guess is this is how they will identify a household vs an account. Accounts will go by the Trial Heroic Character flag, households by the Trial Heroic Character IP Check flag.
  16. fransisco Augur

What sort of gear do the heroic characters have?
  17. Bigstomp Augur

There are 2 people in my household with paying accounts. (and more than 2 paying accounts). Does this mean whoever clicks the heroic character button first gets it and all other accounts will not be able to?
  18. Sinestra Augur

I got a glimpse of it early on and it seemed like an entire set of heroic gear that is on par with HoT gear.
  19. EverChanter Augur

So, when the heroic characters go live, what is the plan? Offer one free upgrade or do a trial?
  20. fransisco Augur

Won't it be one character - upgrade or new per account. But only for gold accounts?