Test Update 03/05/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by crieger, Mar 5, 2014.

1. crieger Journeyman

March 5, 2014

*** Highlights ***

- Heroic Characters are now available for testing.
    - New Race / Class Combos are now available for testing.
    - Sealed Pure Energeian Orbs can now be opened by anyone if the Underfoot expansion has launched on your server.

*** Items ***

- Increased the power pool on Xorbb's Caged Hatred to 3.5 million. This is about three times the amount in a Pure Energeian Orb.
    - Slightly increased the stats on Call of the Forsaken raid charms.
    - Cleric Breastplates from Call of the Forsaken can now be used when targeting yourself.
    - Preservation of the Ancestors on Shaman breastplates from Call of the Forsaken will now correctly heal your entire group.
    - Freedom of Spirit now has a Tiger Claw skill mod.
    - Added a corruption focus to the Longbow of the Royal Court and Blued Steelforce Longbow.
    - The Steed of War, Umbral Selyrah, Highland Cragslither, and Ornate Flying Carpet mounts will now properly summon their faster versions if you have used a raid speed mount.
    - Sealed Pure Energeian Orbs can now be opened by anyone if the Underfoot expansion has launched on your server.
    - Tradable Rank II spells should now drop randomly in Heroic Adventures.
    - Fixed the typos in Qeynos Templar armor.
    - Several Roboboars that were Collapsable are now Collapsible.

*** Tradeskills ***

- New recipes for cultural armor are available! These recipes have come around through the hard work of the New Tanaan Merchant Alliance and have removed the subcombines. You can purchase the Compendiums from Culturalist Devari in the Plane of Knowledge. You can also get more information from Instructor Tenn. Please note all old recipes still currently function.
    - Due to the increase of froglok martial arts enthusiasts, there is new leather cultural armor for frogloks. This armor only comes in the new cultural recipes.

*** Quests & Events ***

- The Defense of Lendiniara - Commander Galenth's damage has been slightly reduced. He's still quite... grouchy.
    - The Hills Are Alive - The Rescue Udwoona's Bunnies step of this Heroic Adventure should update properly if the nearby undead have been defeated.
    - Menace, Doom and Horror - Mission - Fixes a problem that could cause one of the eponymous NPCs to spawn correctly.
    - Sarith, City of Tides - Players can now repeat all of the quests given by Solphius instead of just the first.
    - Saving Jacyll - Raid and Mission - The exit location for these events are now closer to Frislo in the base zone.
    - Lost Comrades [68+] - Fixed a problem that prevented Shargone, the Ice Drake from spawning.
    - A new quest is available for Heroic Characters in the dream version of Feerrott! Speak with Investigator Drolmer and help him with his mercenary problems.

*** Spells ***

- Tradable Rank II spells should now drop randomly in Heroic Adventures.
    - Beastlords of specific levels can now summon loftier pets in the plane of air.
    - Rogue - Fixed an issue that could cause the Phantom Assassin to lower its target's hatred for its owner by too much, leading to unpredictable behavior.

*** NPC ***

- Sugal the Fist and Ulno the Peaceful have begun training young Frogloks in the ways of the monk in Rathe Mountains.
    - Gwelian Wyn now keeps an eye on orc camps in Greater Faydark and will train aspiring Beastlords that seek her out.
    - The dream version of Feerrott now has a safe area in the ogre village, protected by wielders of flaming shields. No harmful entity can pass their wall. Many new merchants and other services are now available in this area.
    - The snakes in the dream version of Feerrott have become substantially weaker and more melee-friendly.
    - Mob hitpoints and attack power in first two tiers of zones in House of Thule have been reduced.
    - Ulno the Peaceful and Gwelian Wyn will offer books that tell their stories to interested adventurers.
    - Dragorns will no longer hold their weapons backwards.
    - Korascian Warrens - Mauk Peskysnout should no longer fall under the world.

*** AA ***

- Shaman - Pathosis spell icon changed to something less confusing with other beneficial abilities.
    - Warrior - Phalanx of Fury's aggro generation is now instantly applied instead of over time.
    - The Glyph of Indeterminable Reward is now available at level 51 and no longer requires the Alaran language.
    - Entering Muramite Proving Grounds or the Plane of Knowledge will synch up your Trials of Mata Muram resist bonus AAs and grant any you may be eligible for.

*** Achievements ***

- Corrected a problem with several of the traveler achievements in Dragons of Norrath.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Restructured how races and classes are stored throughout the game.
    - All players can now be bound in Feerrott - The Dream.

*** UI ***

- Changed -

EQUI_Animations.xml
    EQUI_CharacterCreate.xml
    EQUI_CharacterListWnd.xml
    EQUI_Inventory.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- Disrupting the Ritual - Fixed a problem that was causing campfires and boxes to bounce around during this mission.
    - Saving Jacyll - Raid - The achievement "Drum Solo" should now award properly when you defeat the event with no one in your raid playing the drum more than once.
    - Anniversary NPCs in the Plane of Knowledge should be more reliable about showing up to work on time.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Cusoon New Member

How long are we down for?
  3. Rayzen Elder

Is this going to be the Plane of War Update+ "New",hopefully exciting anniversary tasks?
  4. Sinestra Augur

Why is it so hard to put the update notes up when you make the thread with an estimate? It's a bit ridiculous.
  5. sinderkad Augur

They probably have to finalize and double check exactly what they are putting in the patch and make sure everything is going through properly. Why is it so hard to wait for the notes? The servers will be down anyway. chillax
  6. Sinestra Augur

I'd rather not, but thanks.
  7. Axxius Augur

And you don't want them to spawn correctly? o_O
    Orbital101 likes this.
  8. Spanky New Member

I don't know if it was reported on the live thread, but warriors auto granted warlord's tenacity aa is currently broken. When leveled up normally it works fine, but using auto grant aas makes the aa unusable with the line this is not an ability that can be activated.
  9. Wylo-eq New Member

Why are only some of the accounts getting a heroic toon upgrade? Some of my accounts have it and some do not, and i'm hearing the same in general chat.
  10. Falos Augur

*** Highlights ***

- Heroic Characters are now available for testing.

If we make a character on test server with our accounts to test the new quest that was put in will our accounts be locked out of being able to claim a free heroic character on live servers at a later date?
  11. fransisco Augur

They said there is a quest to unlock heroic characters, so I don't think anyone is gonna get them for free on the live servers.
  12. Falos Augur

"
    - A new quest is available for Heroic Characters in the dream version of Feerrott! Speak with Investigator Drolmer and help him with his mercenary problems."

If that is what you are referencing that quest is actually there for characters that are already heroic characters so that they may obtain a J5 merc more quickly. I completed the quest, it took about 20 min solo without boxes / outside help. I suspect it will take 10-30 min to complete solo for a freshly made heroic character depending on class.... or 3 minutes to complete if you bring a level 100 to help :p
  13. Roshen Brand Manager

For accounts created before Nov 8, 2013, the free Heroic Character option is available one time per account.

For accounts created on or after Nov 8, 2013, the free Heroic Character option is available one time per household.

This is intentional. In short, we don't want player to be able to create an infinite number of accounts and expect to get a Heroic Character on each.
  14. Falos Augur

All of my accounts were created before nov 8th, 2013
    Does this mean that I will have lost the right to get a free heroic character on live servers on one of my account though since i claimed a free heroic character on test? The only reason i even claimed a free heroic character on test was to test the new quest that was put in, if i had known that I would not get a character on live servers because i was merely trying to test a feature I would never have done so on the test server :(
  15. Raynard Augur

Roshen,

If I understand you correctly, I should be able to claim a heroic character on one of my accounts that was created after nov 8, 2013. How do I go about doing this? I have not claimed it on any of my old accounts, but all new ones show no available heroic characters.
  16. Iila Augur

17. Roshen Brand Manager

It looks like you'll need to delete your Heroic Character on test to create one on a live server. Heroic Characters aren't ready for live yet, so feel free to check out the test versions of these for now.

If a Heroic Character has been claimed in your household, it won't be available on new accounts.

If you have a fresh account that's eligible for a Heroic Character the "Upgrade Character" button should light up after you create a character.
  18. Dexar Elder

One would hope that claiming something on test wouldn't prevent you from doing the same on live servers, but I understand your concern. Information on this is sparse. If test counts toward "a one time free heroic character claim", that would be a massive disincentive to test something. Of course, this assumes that EQ will get the same treatment as EQ2 and be offered a free one. I have a feeling we aren't getting that.

I also tested a heroic character and I have a suggestion. Heroic Characters should have the same option non-heroics do with regard to the AA auto-grant toggle. As it is now, there is no option. They are auto-granted from creation.

Dexar.
  19. Dexar Elder

This is what happens when I start a post and finish it 20 minutes later. :)

Thanks for clearing this up. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first post to confirm a free heroic character. It's nice to hear that making one on test would cause people to lose that option.

Dexar
  20. Riou EQResource

Heroic Magicians can not summon a pet because they don't come with 1 Malachite to do so (they auto get the AA that makes pets not eat it, but you can't cast a pet without at least 1), this is on the vendor in the area... but it would be nicer if Magicians just came with 1 in their inventory or something :p

Not sure on Necromancers in regards to Bone Chips