Sunk Cost Fallacy

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Addict, May 11, 2023.

1. Kazzuk Elder

Having boxed raid clerics on the last few TLPs I will say, you are both right, it really depends on how fast the tank is loosing health as to whether you want a smaller faster heal or the slow as molasses cheal.
  2. Kraked Augur

The debate was not about what should be used, but rather what is more efficient.

Ghealing/SHealing will generate less aggro / less mana / less time resulting in a more efficient heal and allows you to sit faster, meaning you generate that mana back faster.

That is my argument based on classic level 1-50 tanks not even having remotely close enough hp to use CH efficiently.
  3. Kazzuk Elder

Since you are talking about sitting I guess you mean in a group setting and not a raid setting. Hell tanks wont get the full affects of Cheal until velious. You wont use greater once you have superior, at least not as a cleric.
    Kraked likes this.
  4. Kraked Augur

At least you agree!
    The main reason I use Ghealing as the mana consumption is very very low and the healing still is enough, until you get to "Hole" really. Superior I use as a filler if the tank is really low.
  5. Ruhi Augur

again - arguing to argue as you post an ambiguous reply.

thanks for simply confirming you were debating that wizards didn't need a box for high end camps. doze doesn't understand but maybe this will help.

your opinion on the all/all wand for tagging doesn't match your opinion for the conflg wand i guess. the conflag wand is lore i believe, you can bind and gate, get parcels for more wands i suppose. nice goal post move though

i likely wont reply about this same subject matter - i feel as though we're at a point where it's arguing to argue. we're going in circles over nothing and it's pointless. also, i've lost all credibility and i have no idea what i'm talking about.
  6. Doze Augur

How ironic of you to say so ...

"again - arguing to argue as you post an ambiguous reply."

You are confusing 2 seperate things:
    1) Win the tag! Flux Staff makes this a lot easier
    2) Kill the hard mobs! Conflag Wand adds additional instant cast fire power to help with this (should it be needed).

Correct.
    Kraked likes this.
  7. Dominate Augur

TFluxx is by far the best item in classic for tags. Thin Bone Wands will be out of charges before a mob unlocks, and even if they are not it is still going to be 1 wand per 1 named spawn because of the random unlock period after spawn. I am not super into camping "teens" mobs so I can go camp big mobs. I will just make wizards. They won't even be worth farming other than having for very specific instances. Classic EQ does not require a ton of skill, but stuff like this is where the skill gap between good players and mediocre players shows up.

Harm Touch will get blown on a locked mob more often then it will land. Tash is going to be a pretty sweet spell to get tags, too.

As I have previously stated; HG Hill is going to be the most civil it has ever been. Far more civil than any camp with a named. It will be a nice change. As a side note: People who grief JBoots turn ins have a special place reserved for them in hell.

I, for one, welcome our new Wizard overlords.

Edit: This mechanic is going to get TFlux staff nerfed.