Stones of Power ( 14th Anniversary )

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qulas, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Qulas Augur

These have a lore group on them, so you are only allowed to use one of them. The draw to Anniversary tasks has always been the augs, and being limited to only 1 of these new ones is disappointing especially considering that there is no raid, meaning no new raid augs either.
    Szeria likes this.
  2. Szeria Elder

oh well dreams crushed
    moogs and Mellifleur like this.
  3. SpamFactory Augur

which mission are these from?
  4. Riou EQResource

All 5 new ones, randomly in chest
  5. Tobynn Augur

If the decision was made to Lore Group these augments, then so be it. Personally I dislike the notion, because I would put more than one augment to use, but it is what it is. Now, lets have the Lore Group: identifier make a return appearance in the item window. This tag seems to have gone the way of the dodo. Not knowing that items are secretly Lore Grouped until you are forbidden from looting is like surprise buttsecks.

Players will make different decisions about which item to loot when they realize in advance there can be only one.
  6. Viltaire Augur

I hate that these are lore grouped. I'd love to be able to grab at least two of them.
  7. Kurayami Augur

Well, guess I'll focus on my epic ornamentation, the aug decision makes me sad panda. Kind of like last year's aug decision....
  8. Falos Augur

No new shield aug is :(
  9. Hatestorm Lorekeeper

I don't know that this is the case but is it possible that the lore group is actually for the aug and the lower versions of the same aug? I know that in past years there have been multiple strengths for each aug, like one for level 60, one for level 80, one for level 90, etc. Could this be that they are lore with those lesser versions and not lore with other unique augs that could drop?
  10. Hatsee Augur

Req 10, Rec 100.

I think it is just set to scale so this doesn't matter.
  11. Rouan Augur

They are? I'm looking at one and I don't see a Lore Group tag on 'em.
  12. Hatestorm Lorekeeper

Making augs Rec 100 makes them useless to lower leveled folks because it will turn there gear into Rec 100. If you are level 65 it will make the entire piece of gear set to 65% so it will more then likely be weaker as a whole by having the aug.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. SpamFactory Augur

there are lots of augs with invisible lore group tags.

the crystal circle builder augs are an example of this. the three augs are lore with eachother even though you wouldn't be able to tell by inspecting them. on FV they are tradable but I still can't get all 3 since they are lore with each other.

invisible lore group tags are a big pain in the butt on FV more so than other servers. lore group tags should never be invisible
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Samtan Lorekeeper

can we get a dev comment on this?
  15. Tegila Augur

this has got to be in top 5 of worst decisions ever, at least in my time
  16. Shang Augur

Eh, I understand the decision. Obviously I would rather have just have the dexterity and agility ones, but hey.. choices!
  17. Shang Augur

It's right up there with 9/11
    Szeria and Pirlo like this.
  18. Hatsee Augur

Hmm, sorry I've never ran into this as I don't really make alts and never saw this. My mistake.
  19. Tegila Augur

um i meant in the game. dont be overdramatic.

being that there are 5 augs askign to be able to use more than 1 out of 2 months of quests isnt asking for much especially given the history of anniversayr events and augs having always allowed to collect all, and the quests being joyless in the reviews so far lol

thing is it's not like you get to choose an aug as a reward either, you dont even get one in every chest you may you may not, so yo ucould feasiably do teh same task or any combination of tasks 20times before seeing the one that's your #1 pick while rotting or destroying 10 of your second choice, simply bc the one you really want cant be looted if you have that secondary one . total waste
  20. krozman Augur

There are 5 worse mistakes in every expansion that are worse than this one. Your time must be the last 3 weeks.
    Fury and Pirlo like this.