Stones of Power ( 14th Anniversary )

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qulas, Mar 15, 2013.

1. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

I really don't mind the augs being in the same Lore group. The only suggestion I'd add would be maybe make the augs tradeable. That way if someone already has an aug and they'd rather have another one that drops, they could pass their previous aug to another member of the group.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

No way, waaayy too powerful.

Besides, the chest in Great Divide in Piestro's Day Off actually spawns in a public zone. Anyone can come and loot it, not too far from the PoK book (at EW zone line).
    Tegila likes this.
  3. Caudyr Augur

You man it's not locked behind being in the task...like the LC chest is? That's...a bit surprising, heh.
  4. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

An aug, which you can only hold one of, is "waaaayy too powerful"?
    Maybe we play different games?
  5. Tordail Elder

I was considering precedent with past anniversary augments; particularly the Mech. Guardian augments and the Tower of Frozen Shadow augments. I have both of both sets. I would have liked to see one augment of the player's choice as a reward for completing the 14th anniversary achievement, and the ability to loot one other from a chest.
    Tegila likes this.
  6. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

I dunno gaining 50 hp 10 ac and 2-3 hwis over whats already avail in game from a tradeable item does seem pretty OP.... that would increase my 110k hp by a significant amount.

Needs nerfs
    Loratex and Falos like this.
  7. Caudyr Augur

*rolls his eyes* :p

I agree with Tordail on this one. One from a chest and one from the reward window for completing all the missions would be nice.
  8. Falos Augur

Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

If they implement the ability to have more than one of these augs I will literally be giving up the 12th year anniversary aug (my current worst aug) which would mean i lose 15 corruption, gain 12 ac, 30 HEM, 6 heroic sta, and 7 spell damage (i'd pick the stamina aug for my 2nd due to its spell damage).

Yeah that's a way more OP stat gain than if they were to put 200 ac Stat food in the game.
  9. Forcallen Augur

How about some interesting augs like + 5% twincast, + 10% riposte, + 50 to BS or + 50 to archery, etc type things. Really make it a choice for a class than simply go flat stats the stone tear was also a great start but would be nice to see some variety.

Gear has become 10x more powerful than it used to be 6-7 yrs ago yet getting 5 augs that are barely 3x stronger than what we had 6-7 yrs ago is deemed to powerful.
  10. Falos Augur

I am 99 percent sure he was joking / making light of the notion that these augs are OP.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If they had stats like that it wouldn't really be that much of a choice to use them would it? Not that I think it is a bad idea to add some other things in, I'm just saying~
  12. Caudyr Augur

If that's the case, then I still roll my eyes...at myself for not noticing it! Sarcasm, etc is so hard to transmit sometimes, heh.
  13. Forcallen Augur

The idea is all that matters. I just threw out some ideas that it could be, make it .5-1% twincast or .05% more overcrit anything would make a lot of people think about it or swap out for a more specialized set. Point is there are a lot of places that augs can still go for non tanks. We are being told that having 5 augs with 5 more ac each and like 50 more hps each are to powerful for toons to have when gear is at +3K a slot. So if vanilla stats are reaching their cap at 40 ac and 250 hme then mix it up for classes that currently could have 20 of those 40 ac 250 hme augs and it still wouldn't matter.

Stone tear for example great great idea however for a lot of classes it could be 50% to defense and it still wouldn't be worth the effort. But make a few more versions that add stuff like twincast, twinheal, overcrit, +melee damage, whatever seems to fit and an obscene grind task gets on a lot more peoples to do list.
  14. Qulas Augur

In 2010 the Anniversary tasks started giving us augments. There was up to six available, and you could acquire and use all six if you wished. Two of these were from the raid Steel Behemoths: Polished Stone of the Eleventh Hour, Golden Nugget of the Eleventh Hour. The other 4 were from the group task Stealing My Life Back Gem of the Eleventh Defender, Gem of the Eleventh Duelist, Gem of the Eleventh Scholar, Gem of the Eleventh Seer.

In 2011 we were then again treated to six total augments if we wanted to use all six of them we could. Two came from 'raid' task Parts is Parts: Beveled Mithril Gear Set, Mana Laminated Gear Set. Four came from the group mission Infiltrating the Guardian: Annealed Mana Conductor, Bipolar Interlock, Ionized Pinion, Hardened Steel Spur

In 2012 the 'group' augments did not get upgraded, yet the 'raid' ones did: Dislodged Diamond of Blood, and Unharnessed Soul Gem

All fourteen of these augments have two things in common, they were relatively pretty easy to acquire and were also some of the best augments you could get at the time.

The eleventh year raid augments came from a reward from finishing the raid. Do the raid twice, you get both augments. The group mission also had a 100% chance to drop an augment.

The twelfth year 'raid' augments came from completing a task, do the task twice, get both augments. The group mission also had a 100% chance to drop an augment.

For the thirteenth year raid augments you received one for completing the raid, and if you wanted the second one you would have to get it from the chest.

Getting multiple, easy to obtain, powerful augments from anniversary time is something that we've been accustomed to over the last 3 years. This year's augments are powerful, but not as easily obtained (using myself as an example, I've done 22 tasks and have only seen 5 augments drop total).

Letting us have a few great augments during anniversary time is nothing new, limiting us to only one total is.
    Luft, Tordail and Tegila like this.
  15. Qwestwic Augur

I'm just glad we don't have to decide between a powerful augment, and a clicky that takes you to somewhere convenient. MAN THAT DECISION WAS TOUGH.
    Luft likes this.
  16. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

ive had 6 wis/int, 2, dex, 1 agi , 1 str, 1 sta from this year drop already...
  17. Mykaylla Augur

You forget so soon, Q, that at first it was just the one path, the chests. The achievement aug was put in later. And Dzarn mostly-politely said that everyone was being greedy about it. :p

If they weren't lore group linked, I'd use more than one.
    I honestly think that it's that people couldn't *see* the lore group that has brought us to all this, because it meant that someone rolled against someone for an aug, or looted one that no one wanted, then won another one, went to loot it, and found they couldn't. Et cetera. I looted the strength aug because no one in my instance wanted it and it would have rotted, but if I'd had to pick one, it would have been the agility aug (which I have now anyway). if they'd had "Lore Group: Stones of Power" on them, people would have known from the getgo, and there wouldn't have been quite the same outrage.

Then, the outcry probably would have been "We're only getting one aug this year, and it's not even guaranteed?! I have been farming these missions and have the worst luck ever..."

Keep them lore grouped but add the text, remove the lore group, I don't mind overly much, but either way, please don't make the choice based on "because it's overpowered?" They're pretty comparable to a number of augments already in game.
  18. roth Augur

Then why hide the Lore Group?

Why have them drop from missions where it is very very likely that people doing them would try to get more of the set of augs?

If they are intended to be part of the same Lore Group, then having them drop, as opposed to popping up as a one-time selectable reward, was a rather poor decision. No one complains about having to pick one in cases such as the Stone of the Crystal Circle because no one (outside of FV) can ever entertain the possibility of getting a second time at that choice, and so can never get a second aug in the set. You pick one, and that is that.

Yet these augs, dropping from missions, as shown whenever you look at them, ARE obtainable as a set, other than that hidden Lore Group tag. The method of obtaining them screams "collect the set!" just as much as it did with the 11th and 12th anniversary events.

And to be quite honest .. five 40 AC 250 HP augs would not be overpowered. There are a ton of augs out there with 30+ AC, including at least one or two with 44 AC. The largest increase in power for a character would be in the HP/m/e, all of which have seen explosive increases starting in The Buried Sea. Considering what people are likely upgrading to these from, there is not going to be all that large a power increase even using all five.
    Tegila likes this.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I hope they leave it as is. It really isn't the worth the time or effort to make it so you can get more, trade it in for the one you, etc. I prefer they do something else more constructive with their time.
  20. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

Never ceases to amaze me the propensity for people to whine. Seriously, so you can only get 1 aug...so that leaves you with a 35 ac aug with stats. All this complaining over 5 ac. Soe basically gives you these things, yet someone somewhere with nothing better to do cries a fricking river. And then 20 other kids join in. Get a life people, it's an awesome aug, stop your ranting