Stones of Power ( 14th Anniversary )

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qulas, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Falos Augur

People are not crying, they are trying to sway developer opinion so that this anniversary follows the tradition of every single past anniversary in giving players more than one special neat augment for the new EQ year.
  2. Hatsee Augur

I don't really understand why people are against it.

At worst someone that has terrible augs gets 5, most people would probably grab 2-3. If they last more than a year I'd be amazed, chances are one would be gone next expansion launch in 6 months anyway.

The horror... Or something.
  3. Brogett Augur

I think the main concern is that it would lead to so many of the best augs coming from the same event rather than spread over many more events.

I'm happy with the way it works now, although a 2nd wouldn't harm. More seems silly IMO. I wouldn't say overpowered, just daft design.
  4. Aggememnon Elder

How about leave the lore group as it is now, so you can only have 1. Then add a new reward for having done all the anniversary quests, which is like the 'small glowing fear shard' reward in that you choose what you most want.
    eg.
    ac38 hp/mana/end:180, and some random resists/mod2 hp regen etc
    melee version: hStrDexAgiSta +3
    caster version: hWisIntAgiSta +3
    hybrid version: hStrDexAgiWisIntSta +2/3

I think there is precedence (DSH 12th anniversary) to have more than 1 aug from an event, and it is after all an anniversary, so the 'public' kinda expect a freebie or two. And in any case, these things slip in and out of gear reasonably fast with natural gear/aug inflation.
  5. Uxtalzon Augur

As I said before, augments being non-lore or having just more than one for this anniversary would be too powerful for melee classes. There are severe ramifications towards giving players minor enormous upgrades that could break the ever-so-just-right current class balance. This could exponentialize the effectiveness of melee classes to overcome their caster counterparts by wide margins:

- Players could swarm-kite RoF and other VoA zones without the use or need of a healer mercenary.
    - Some classes could kill named without the help of other players. The result would be an inundated economy.
    - Certain classes would be able to attain AAs at unheard of rates with little risk, while others are left behind with limitations and constant risk of death/failure. That certainly doesn't happen now.
    - Mitigation values would be so high, mediocre-geared plate classes might actually survive the Rain of Fear version of Aaryonar in a single round of combat.
    - Classes that use pets would be able to go toe-to-toe to NPCs while their pets remain unscathed.
    - Clerics would have the ability to tank, which may significantly reduce the number of healers in the game since many may decide to stop healing all together.
    - Leather and chain classes may be able to substitute or replace plate classes in tanking.
    - Spells such as crowd control and player buffs would be rendered pointless. If the tank pulls 9 mobs instead of only 2, why bother? They'll survive, either way.
    - Raids would need to be intentionally scripted erroneously to bypass AC values, to discourage raids from completing the expansion too soon.
    - Power sources will magnify the AC values into a parabolic formulae, which may inevitably cause some classes to be invulnerable in combat. This chart accurately depicts what may happen once each stone of power augment is equipped:

[IMG]

I applaud the initiative in pulling back the reigns of these out-of-control AC augments.

Disclaimer:
    TL;DR - it's sarcasm meant to point out the ridiculous notion that a bit more AC would inherently be too powerful, when it's quite obvious tank classes have a huge uphill battle in preparing to actually survive current content. Meanwhile, casters are blowing away RoF like a hurricane to a house of cards. I honestly don't care that the augments are lore, because they're incredibly easy to obtain. Go ask for some hard content if you want non-lore augments. Sweet Raptor Rodcet, if all the augs weren't lore and equipped, it wouldn't even equate to 1% of a tank's AC and HP values. Oh well, try enjoying the anniversary.
    Aggememnon likes this.
  6. Aggememnon Elder

hahahaha (I hope!)
  7. Trajet D'Or Augur

VoA: Players who had the opportunity to complete a raid of approximately T2 difficulty could choose an aug as an achievement reward and 3 players per raid could loot an aug. 2 players could loot an aug from completing the first two floors which SPOILER ALERT was fairly trivial as long as you mezzed adds on the 2nd floor. This content was available for 13 weeks.

RoF: For buying the expansion Stone of the Crystal Circle, for doing anniversary events Color Stone of Power, for completing group progression Frozen Orb of the Fabled King and Stone of the Landing and for completing all the collection quests Sliver of Fear. All of those augs except the anniversary aug are available indefinitely.

Premium aug distribution is vastly superior in quantity and availability by any objective standard in RoF over VoA. Premium aug distribution is subjectively vastly superior in method in RoF over VoA.

At worst you break even, the most possible in VoA was 2 which required beating a raid and looting an aug from that raid which is matched in RoF by Stone of the Crystal Circle and a Color Stone of Power.

Looking at premium aug distribution as a whole I consider RoF to be a vast improvement. Obviously more is better and there is no drawback in player power to have the anniversary augs not be lore but in keeping with the apparent intention to give augs a long lifespan by keeping premium augs scarce I much prefer how those augs were made available this expansion.
  8. Chandrok Augur

Has anyone not on the task been able loot the chest? It should be locked to only allow players on the task to loot it.
  9. Rorce Augur

I was able to loot a chest someone had abandoned. I don't know if you're able to open and loot someone elses chest immediately, however.
  10. Orbital101 Augur

is it possible to add at leest +15/20 corrupt resist on those.. Having 2 augs or more wont change my life with 38 ac minimum augs that i allready have but corrupt resist will.

thx
  11. Tobynn Augur

Confirm the Piestro's chest is free and open access. Last time I completed the Mischief mission, when I zoned out I saw an already opened chest there (before I spawned my own). Chest had like 15 minutes to rot. No one else was in eyesight. I plopped down a campfire and ported in an alt to loot a back slot item from someone else's abandoned chest. The alt that did the looting was not a member of my task, or in any task whatsoever. There is no in group? or in task? check being made. Loot ability probably unlocks after a 2-minute timer just like any other trash mob in the zone.
  12. Abazzagorath Augur

If the chest is made non-lootable/openable like the LC chest for those not in mission, please make sure you make any existing chests poof after 5-10 minutes of not being opened.
  13. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Had the same a few days ago; we were able to look into another group's abandoned chest and I wondered why the chest wasn't locked for other groups.

I wondered because there were another task some years ago which spawned the final chest outside the instance and you weren't able to look into another group's chest, no matter how old this chest was (less or more than 2m6s loot lockout). Unfortunately, for this task all chest spawned at the same spot so if another group left their chest because no interest in remaining loot you got trouble to get *your* chest.
  14. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

lol I figured it was too ridiculous for anyone to think I was being serious. Faker had it right personally 1 from drops 1 from achieve seems to be PERFECTLY reasonable. Tradeable would be fine too or heirloom.. As it stands a agi aug drops I'm watching it rot... where if I could loot it and bank it for a day when I may for some reason want some agi I would. Which is why I mentioned limiting it to 1 slot and removing lore tag that way we could loot them all but still only use 1 at a time. (that's in addition to 1 from achieves without any restriction)

^^ this guy knows that I'm talking about
  15. Enizen Elder

1) I know SKs that do this now
    2) I do this in t1 alot now
    3) Go to Feerott
    4) /shrug they can now, past 1 round well then...
    5) I do this now
    6) You should meet some of the clerics I know
    7) And some of the BSTs I know
    8) See #1
    9) You mean they might take longer than 3 weeks to beat an expac?!
    10) Since when did powersources work on Augments?
  16. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

I'm starting to think some people are just incapable of reading something and saying to themselves "the ridiculousness level of what I just read is so high that this MUST be sarcasm"
  17. Enizen Elder

Sarcasm doesnt always translate well in the written form (a modest proposal)
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea i was excited was gonna get all 5 augs for both my chars (play on fv) and if i didnt have 1 or the augs on my buyer when i was gonna buy the others i would of never know about the invisible lore tag as i put up buyer the other stone augs i was gonna buy was disabled because it said they were lore. Would be nice if they made it more visible was sad with the circle augs as well.
  19. Caudyr Augur

It's entirely possible I wasn't in my right mind at that point, heh.

I think you hit the nail on the head...though I still think it'd be nice if you could get all the augs and then combine them into a 'prismatic' stone of power or something. Maybe have the achievement award give you a choice of those 'prismatic' ones, where they have different heroics...such as hagi/dex/str/sta, hsta/int/wis/agi, hsta/int/wis/dex, hstr/int/wis/dex, hstr/int/wis/agi. I don't care about hcha at all, but you could always throw that on all of them, as well. :p The point being...you're right...there should be an 'achievement award...that'd be a nice compromise what with the hidden lore grouping of this stuff and the fact that it's lore grouped at all.
  20. Mytoss Elder

we got a warrior sword in the chest for completing Piestro"s day off , the fact that someone was able to run there and get it , is alot better than it rotting i think
    this should stay on