Shadowknight Epic - please reconsider

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gutt, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Kolani Augur

No. What happened when you turned in the note, Marl would instantly spawn and despawn as a version of himself that responded to hails to advance the quest. The initial spawn will accept multiple notes and respond to multiple hails to advance the quest now.
  2. Azereki New Member

Hey Prathun, you're awesome. Thanks very much to you and the team for sparing some bandwidth to address this issue!
    doah likes this.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

You don't need to hand in a note at all, if you don't want to.
  4. Umul Augur

Don't yell at the customers, Prathun. We know you didn't write the quests or conceptualize how they operate.
  5. That0neguy Augur

You are bound to get some of that no matter what you do it's part of the job. However if the team could communicate more you could negate things. If the SK. Enc. And wiz knew you wanted to fix the quest but did not have bandwidth it would go over much better then silence.
  6. Bolten_DA Augur

Solid work! Step in the right direction for sure.
  7. Typucm Elder

Good news!
    Thanks!
  8. Pharone Elder

This is great news, and a solid win for the community AND THE GAME. You've renewed faith in the developers with this one Prathun. Honestly. Well done.

Now just to make sure that I understand this correctly, are you saying, both of the quotes above say that Marl does not despawn when turning items in to him. But, it also says that the respawn timer of Marl was reduced. Is there any case where he despawns now, or is that for if someone kills him?
  9. Pharone Elder

This person does not represent us in anyway. Please ignore him Prathun. We want the SK epic change to go in. Please don't turn the car around.
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

There were potentially 4 times that you could talk to Marl when doing the epic, including 3 different hand-ins. The first two contacts (including the Note hand-in part) are unnecessary. The only two times you need to deal with Marl are handing in the Blood of Kyrenna and handing in the Glohnor Wrappings.

Based on the tentative notes DBG just published, the final hand-in will still cause him to despawn.
  11. Risiko Augur

Still vastly better then it ever was before. I wonder what the respawn timer will be now.

Even more important, I wonder when this patch will go live.
  12. TheRealDeal Journeyman

Wonder what his repop time will be and hope this patch goes in soon so we can use epic before i replace it in velious =) but this is so good
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Really?
  14. taliefer Augur

thats how i read the post, and it was an honest question since ive only done the SK epic once way out of era on phinny. i thought the "tentative patch notes" post inferred marl would respawn as a version of himself that wouldnt accept a new note. its been pointed out in this thread that isnt the cast
  15. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

LOL! You are such a tool. First you advocate for not changing SK epic and degrade anybody who says otherwise. Now you are trying to blame Prathun about communication when they are actually working on making the exact changes you don't want to happen. Oh man this is hilarious. I can't help but laugh at your duplicity and moronic statements. Keep it up. You will be on the same level as Mabbu of hated and idiotic people playing EQ.
  16. Dailor Augur

The respawn timer will be 1 year.

Congratulations.
  17. Sebbun Augur

While I didn’t take the time to review his post history, I do agree with the post. Would be nice to have communication letting us know that they are considering fixing some of the whacky epic spawns, even if it’s not anytime soon.

I’m a huge fan of TLPs but the work for epics tends to not be fun for some classes, and there’s really zero reason for them not to be especially considering that a lot of the botlle necks are due to very intentional instancing limitations. IE: epics mobs not spawning in picks.
  18. Dailor Augur

Phinigel players took on this IMPOSSIBLE task without getting the devs to kiss the ring. The least you could do is be patient when a gift is coming your way.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Dev comes on and says, "We've fixed the SK epic." And then you say, "Are you sure you didn't screw it up?" Real helpful.
  20. Sebbun Augur

I can be highly appreciative of this change and am. It’ll help out a couple close friends that were just gonna skip this epic altogether.

I can also point out that this is one change among many that need to be considered for either this or future TLPs.

You can also see that I’m not angry or in a rush but it is a point that I think we will need to continue to rehash.