Shadowknight Epic - please reconsider

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gutt, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Typucm Elder

Like them change taunt, melee damage and many other things!
    This Marl spawn/despawn change will not take much time and effort for them.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

If its been broken for 18 years then thats exactly why they SHOULD change it now!
    Risiko likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

It's almost as if they have a business to run.
  4. NotRightNTheHead New Member

You're a fast food worker if you can't figure out the value in making a small change that makes worlds of difference.

Say I spent 150 hours camping Marl. I have a 4 box of characters I would be buying clarity potions, sow potions, exp potions, the list can go on.... but instead i'm sitting at one spawn with my other 3 chars not even getting logged in.

Can you do the math on the lost money for a spawn timer change? A one liner code fix.

Go back to McDonalds. You know nothing about a "business".
  5. Febb Augur

Says the guy who thinks its a waste to make expansions for the live servers. You obviously don't know as much as you think you do about business.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

You might have to evaluate your priorities (both in game and out). To each his/her own, but I can't imagine why anyone would put themselves through this when it won't matter one lick in 3-6 months. Epic 1.0 just aren't worth it.
  7. taliefer Augur

of all the things for the devs to take a hardline stance of "been that way for 18 years, we dont wanna change it," this has got to be the dumbest.

its a turn in NPC. that it. its not that the quest is hardest part, its that the TURN IN is the choke point. this is beyond stupid
    Fumi-chan and That One Guy like this.
  8. TheRealDeal Journeyman

Change it .......Make Sk epic better!
  9. ogremight New Member

"The fact that the turn in mob (twice needed) is an Uber rare spawn is not hard, difficult, challenging, and beating a fellow Shadowknight to the TURN IN MOB doesn’t make one player better than another.

It’s a completely illogical game mechanic when compared to other Epic turn in mobs.

If you are on this thread bragging about how you got your Epic in era on Coirnav or on a previous TLP... Congrats...

Recognize you wouldn’t have got it back when the content was originally released.

Also recognize during the original release that Marl wasn’t really a bottleneck, as SKs didn’t all have access to instance raids and picks to complete their epics. That fact alone should have triggered turn in mobs to be much more available"

As an SK who did complete this when there was no guides or how to videos I don't see how you feel your complaints are valid here. I am not trying to troll but I wanted to respond to this why should your game time be more valuable then mine. I spent months upon months farming for my drops and equal time looking for spawns. You are playing a TLP server I assume for a small taste of what the game was like prior to FTP and the days of heroic characters. I personally have never stepped foot on a TLP put in my dues back in the day and honestly I don't miss those days one bit I believe it is stated here you guys are able to farm stuff in undisputed instances I'll bet that shaved several hours of time off your epic right there so just because you can obtain the required items much faster you feel you shouldn't have to sit and wait for the turn in npc to be available to you personally if I put in the work and all I need is a turn in to think id be there excited waiting with a cup or pot off coffee depending how long it took. Consider the fact your asking for a somewhat classic feeling game play I would suggest you all work together and coordinate who is where and plan accordingly unless you are having server guild wars like we did back in the day where people would kill your mob in front of you just so you couldn't get to it or wipe out a ride only to destroy the loot so your guild couldn't progress. There are far worse things then waiting on a npc stay positive and persevere you will get it done eventually. a smart person would have camped there when the server went down and tried to be the first one in after patch im sure if you are there typically most people arnt going to contest its your turn if your waiting might get lucky and it just be up when you log in. good luck to you all my brothers.
  10. That0neguy Augur

TL : DR - I play on live. TLP sucks. This means nothing now. I did it back in 2000.
  11. ogremight New Member

oh I read some further postings here I see the issue seems to be cheaters are screwing you guys like I said log in and try right after each patch before the haxors get a chance to get the programs up and running also make note of each player ding these offences and stream the proof straight to the devs for them to see get the problem removed eventually people will see its not a safe place to macro hack I hope you guys are able to get this problem resolved good luck
  12. TheRealDeal Journeyman

Huge post about Marl Karstane and no changes will be made or no reply by dev
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Murkglider priority.
  14. Krand(Coirnav) New Member

Frustrated to the extreme. Players I know are on their 4th or 5th epic for their toons, I am in a raiding guild and I play every day and I still dont have my epic solely as I can not get Marl.

Marl spawns, someone standing way away manages to target it, hand in before I can even hit my hotkey to target him.

At the least there are 2 people always camping him.

It is among the least useful epics and the hardest. But I want to enjoy the classic experience and get my epic.

Please put a sensible fix in place, I think this should be an hourly spawn, this should NOT be the bottleneck in this epic.
    ElaidaTL and Risiko like this.
  15. Krand(Coirnav) New Member

/sigh I really hope so
  16. Kolani Augur

It still took me three weeks on Firiona Vie in 2018 to complete the epic, 100% because of Marl.
    Risiko likes this.
  17. Password1234 Augur

I did the SK epic on Xegony a year or so ago and, yeah, it took over a month to just do Marl stuff. I can't even imagine how much worse it is on TLPs, and I'm surprised that anybody even bothers.
    Risiko likes this.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Wow thats kind of disgusting.
  19. Xeris Augur

If you want your epic, wait till Luclin when nobody gives a about it. By the end of Kunark on Agnarr, the craze around Marl was mostly gone.
  20. Monkman Augur

I think a lot of folks forget that not every sk got their epic during kunar...