Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Xenich Elder

I have done it with EQ and WoW, it is cool, but you are still very limited. I tried to configure a Cata+ WoW server (so I could use all the new content), but since you have no control over the client, you were limited on the types of changes you could make. EQ is the same way. Honestly, I have tried and if it were "reasonably" possible, I wouldn't be here discussing, I would just be making the game the way I like it.
  2. Kutsuu Augur

What I would love to see is a partially restricted server. I don't know the technical limitations here, but if you could limit us to two EQ clients/accounts per computer that is what I would hope for.

I think 2-boxing is more than reasonable, 4-boxing if you're running 2 computers alright... I just hate to see the giant zergs of 18 mages that someone is running on a single computer all controlled by software that makes it easy to operate them.
    Dexxeaa00 and Dre. like this.
  3. Fraggly Augur

This is going to happen anyways, just look at any of the Truebox servers and ask around the community. They would just use half as many VM's or whatever trick they use to get around it. Ask for this type of rule for Aradune, leave Rizlona Standard - AoC please.
  4. Aussieguy Lorekeeper

Can we please get a non truebox server already! It gets boring playing with 1 toon and not being able to find proper groups because of our timezone. Horrible experience tbh.

All these people against this can go stay in the corner.. you really think these truebox servers e.g Mangler is popular due to people only playing on 1 account? Lol... many ppl on there have figured out a way to box with 1 pc and no VM. You want them gone? You'll have an dead empty server, you'll be running around doing nothing.
  5. Zinth Augur

just give us a lovely box server with instanced raids (we have no server with that possible) and I would much rather 3box on one pc than the 3 pc's I use now. free trade would be nice (and for all of those screaming RMT and what not... GFUS... we are also real people that like being able to trade stuff around, sell/buy or pass to box/alt as we outgrow it... and decent exp speed = more reason to make alts... don't want Phinny classic speed, it was horrible and definetly no time/want to make alts and don't just make it a copy of another server... and people saying go to Brekt for free trade... Brekt is dead... and it wasn't a TLP... it's the leftover rotting husk of Quarm which should have never existed, it should have been merged into FV to begin with
  6. Dre. Altoholic

Many people are perfectly comfortable 3-6 boxing on one PC without 3rd party tools. Even if you really aren't into that, you gotta admit it might be nice to drag a healer rezzer or buffbot on autofollow. All of those are reasonable.

In any case, boxing isn't what most have an issue with, but rather botting aka scripted characters performing actions without player input. Honestly I think a Server-side installation of EQ for these people to sandbox around in might do well curtail this behavior on live servers.

Other server ideas:
    • Truebox "no mercenary" server
    • "All rare-loot is no trade" server starting at Classic or Luclin

But the big change I'm sure lots of us would love to see is to just get the AoC and instance code on live servers already.
    Whizbang likes this.
  7. Rebelicious Augur

YES!~ Now OPEN IT already! Mangler is a pain in the wait time.
  8. Kutsuu Augur

Honestly it's a little silly to assume that I think it's not going to happen. Of course people box on truebox servers, but the amount of people doing big groups is indisputably low (compared to ragefire or live) because they have to run so many boxes to do it. I want to see boxing 2 (even 3) be easy and more than that be inconvenient. Just an easing up on truebox instead of a complete removal.
  9. Fraggly Augur

I respect that. Ask for that type of server if you wish to, i do not see how they actively police the amount of clients someone is running given how little they police everything else. How the heck do they make it easy to 3 box but difficult to 4+ box? Active GM intervention...?

Rizlona should be standard, not some sort of eased up truebox experiment. Some of us want to 6 box without multiple PCs, laptops, and keypads running everywhere with 3 fans running in the room plus AC. If it isn't your cup of tea then just play Aradune, or try to get something going to make that server 3 box limit or whatever you want.

Standard TLP server w/ AoC's.... give it to me baby.
  10. Kutsuu Augur

"I don't know the technical limitations here, but if you could limit us to two EQ clients/accounts per computer that is what I would hope for."

As quoted above, I don't claim to know how they would limit it. That's not my job or expertise. I already play on a truebox TLP, and I can't seem to find anywhere in my post that I am demanding they do this to Rizlona... so I'm really not sure why you're getting defensive about it.
  11. Fraggly Augur

I'm not really sure why you are posting in the "non-truebox" thread about not removing truebox but just easing it up. They have posted that the rulesets for both servers are still being defined so enough trueboxers posting that a 2-3 box limit truebox-light model would be better could sway them for all anyone knows, Miragul reference here. My bad on the Rizlona reference. There's no chance this would be on Aradune so if not Rizlona then gl next year!

You are free to read my posts in whatever tone you want, such is the nature of text communications.
  12. Kutsuu Augur

Next year or whatever, it's not like EQ is going away anytime soon. I just put it out there that I'd like to see a partially restricted server. We're only a month or few from the launch of the current set of TLPs, you are crazy if you think they would suddenly make a giant ruleset change like that after saying it's going to be unrestricted.
  13. Zinth Augur

something that haven't really been mentioned... can we have an AoC for both pre and post sleeper awakening? there is always some (insert rude words here) that love to wake him asap so noone else can get a chance on the loot/events and I think we are past the stage where EQ is "omg it would ruin everything" it would let lots more see a piece of EQ history they pretty much can't get to see otherwise... so pretty please?
    Whoops, Dexxeaa00, ForumBoss and 2 others like this.
  14. Tachyon Augur

I mentioned the same a few years back. At the time the Devs didn't seem interested but I think it would be an awesome idea! Imagine being able to wake the Sleeper at the end of an instance!!
    Zinth likes this.
  15. Deadshade Augur

Absolutely NOT interested in a non Truebox at the start of a TLP.
    95 % of my enjoyment in a TLP (and I did 3 of them : Fippy-Ragefire-Agnarr) comes from grouping and adventuring with other people aka NON boxing.
    So there is 0% probability that I would play EQ AND box between say Classic and PoP.

Actually if there was a server with 0 boxing enforced by GM, I would certainly prefer to play at such a server. Again, say between Classic and PoP. I have no strong opinions about what happens approximately after PoP when the population is already so top heavy that boxing or not is no more an important issue.
  16. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

That's because you, like the vast majority of TLP players, only play Classic to PoP. I'm surprised this isn't a discussion about a seasonal TLP because that's what yearly launches end up happens.

However, those who stay on a server past PoP universally ask for Truebox to be removed. The lower interest in the mid and later expansions, combined with a yearly new server launch makes staying on a TLP difficult if you don't box. All RMT issues leave because no one is on the server to buy the services. You're left with a dwindling population of people who want to play but it becomes increasingly difficult because its difficult to form groups. This creates a feedback loop of people quitting because its difficult to form groups leading to more difficulty forming groups.

I am a boxer. I've done Truebox. I'm done with Truebox. Any server with Truebox enabled will no longer get my dollars.
    Gremin, Whoops and Machen like this.
  17. Machen New Member

This also describes me.
    Gremin, Yara_AB and Foaming like this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

I'm probably alone in this, so sorry for polluting this thread and forum with stupid ideas but I have to get this out. I'd personally I'd love a TLP server that had:

1. Open boxing rules.

2. Gave claimable raid currency to your account upon "completion" of different expansions or something, similar to Quarm. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-server-coming-july-2016.233364/#post-3442507

3. Here's where it gets wild and stupid, bear with me here:
    3a. Segregate all the zones into different 5 level bands. I know that most zones encompass more than 5 levels. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zlvlchart.html
    3b. Create a set of difficulty buffs that increase mob damage, run speed and resists. Ex: +400% damage, +200% damage, +100% damage, and +50% damage. Maybe extra health or AC too, I dunno.
    3c. Open all the zones at the start but apply those difficulty buffs to higher level bands such that at release the level 0-5 zones have no buff, the level 6-10 zones have the +50% damage buff, the levels 11-15 have the +100% damage buff, 16-20 have +200% damage buff and 21+ have +400% damage buff.
    3d. Every week drop that buff a tier such that after a week levels 6-10 have no buff, 11-15 have 50% damage buff and so on.

Like I said, it's a dumb idea but it'd be a lot of fun for me to experience EQ progression but actually be as challenging as I remember. I imagine skilled players will find inventive ways to avoid damage from mobs with high damage, run speed and resists, but the hope is that the leading-edge of players are trying desperately to survive against really difficult mobs in competition with each other.
  19. Machen New Member

How in the actual **** do you interpret anything in this 37 page thread as anyone wanting a pop locked non-truebox server?
    Armin, Whoops, Skuz and 3 others like this.
  20. jordune Augur

I am well and truly ******* STUNNED!
    Skuz likes this.