Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. kenmei Augur

PvE-wise, EQ is screwed,it hasn't come up with an answer to multi-boxxing 3rd party software. The live servers slowly die as guilds no longer support single person play. That's the reality of Live now. TLP is a 2 month server if it's PvE. Krono farmers will eat it alive in 2 weeks w/o truebox making them use other methods.
    You could do a Deity PvP TLP and see if that solves the problem, since EQ doesn't know how to code an answer let the community try to 'solve' it. The server has existed before, it's prolly laying in the basement somewhere. It never had a population under HIGH, just sayin'.
  2. Fraggly Augur

It's kinda weird that you copy paste your deity PvP idea in multiple threads but never respond to anything ever. Evil would have such an edge in the min/max gaming community of today that wasn't nearly as huge a thing in the year 2000. There is a PvP mega thread for your idea, go contribute to the total post count, if you want to brave what that thread has devolved in to.

Modern day PvP lords (krono farming griefers) and team balance would be just as bad for casuals as botting krono farmers, if not worse. Two can play the hyperbole game.

If TLPs are 2 month servers then what is Mangler? Waiting for high IQ PvP answer, just sayin....
    Foaming likes this.
  3. kenmei Augur

'What is mangler?'
    it's dead, Jim.
  4. kenmei Augur

I have, and I have responded to other questions in other threads, with a similar answer, because the answer is the same, but they are different stories usually of the same time.

Wouldn't ever know about your theory on evil. At the release there wasn't a Kunark yet. Evil did have the higher pop by far, almost 2-1 over newt and 4-1 over good. Evil owned freeport to highpass, newts owned highpass, and karanas.. good owned erudin and halas, kinda owned qeynos, as newts based out of rivervale.

At no time was there ever a day where a team could not move, though if goods really made everyone mad, I guess, but they never did, and evil never made it passed the newts to force it.

but this was then.a tlp has the ability to control what goes in as far as classes and content, so i cannot answer your question as to say will evil have an advantage.. but the goods always fought, and they were red headed step children... with teeth.
    and tbh, in all that time on that server I barely ever made it out of HighPass or Kith/EK..so I have no idea what happened in Felwithe, Kaladim, etc. Was kinda like that when the game first started in qeynos, didn't see an elf for 6 months. the deity server was very similar in that regard.
  5. mark Augur

last years 2 servers but with boxing would make selos 2.0 way more popular then the original selos.
    Foaming likes this.
  6. Fraggly Augur

Ahh yes of course, a server that is actually listed as "high" without photo shop is dead. The PvP derangement is astounding. Keep it to your mega thread pls.
  7. Hdizzle Augur

Players on past TLPs have demanded a plethora of Obamacare rules to make the best TLP ever! So the game you are remembering doesn't exist. Deity restricted pvp or not.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

He's been on mangler for a while now soloing everything from tov to aow, if you want to say hi.
  9. Vicus Augur

Thanks Dreamweaver for the non-box server. Now hoping the other server isn't pvp. Would love it to be a server where zerkers start on day 1 or box server where you can only have 1 account on at a time with no VM's.
    Rayvorn likes this.
  10. PVPme Augur

Glad the third-party EQ players finally are getting their EQ server to safely 40+ box on. Hopefully the PVP server comes soon. We just gotta keep crying like you guys did apparently.
  11. birisu Elder

except they made this thread specifically to post in vs the multitude of worthless pvp posts that got sent to the merged dumpster
  12. mark Augur

you can pvp on the new boxing server you and another 9 players box 72 toons each you can show db theres money in it,also you forget before trueboxing all new tlp servers starting in classic where successful for a few months now with aoc the boxing server will be popular,which of the 2 will have more subs his unknown but both will be making money for eq.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Kaneras Augur

The server will be for people who don't want to group with others. No need to sugar coat it.
  14. Fraggly Augur

No need to sugar coat anything anymore. Why do you still care? They are releasing a truebox alongside the standard server anyways.

Looking forward to forming massive raids with other boxers (as in, grouping with them) and stomping things without having to find ~50 other decent, active, capable game players. I suspect stomping krono farmers locking down camps could be done in a similar fashion. Each box crew gets a roll on whatever item we are chasing. Depending on rule specifics there will be so many picks as well...!!

Enjoy yours and I'll enjoy mine! Everyone wins! Except the reds. ;)
  15. code-zero Augur

The only real PvP in EQ is the DPS race.
    Foaming and Fraggly like this.
  16. Klang Lorekeeper

I'm glad this is finally happening. The true-box crowd can go do it's thing on their own server - and the boxing crowd can finally (hopefully) have a progression server with AoCs etc. I'm sure Darkpaw will be able to track the new subscriptions and who ends up playing where.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

SSRA Cursed cycle in looselin is the high point in eq pvp.
    jiri_ and Foaming like this.
  18. Aiona Augur

ahahaha <3
  19. Shagroth Journeyman

I cannot wait for a non truebox server. If there are AoCs, I couldn't be much happier for the new Rizlona server. Without AoCs though, it did tend to get ugly
  20. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

The announcement said Mangler ruleset so I fully expect AoCs and Pickzones.
    jeskola, mark, Shagroth and 1 other person like this.