Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

4 GM were hired, Devs posted that in another thread.

2 per server, I think they will be very busy but you have to remember that the biggest deterrent to any kind of bad behaviour is knowing there could be eyes on you. It's been scientifically proven in fact.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...of-being-observed-can-make-you-better-person/
  2. Vicus Augur

2 Of them will be busy that's for sure. Whoever drew the small straws for Aradune...man, remember can always get paid unemployment during the downtime.
    Foaming and Stune like this.
  3. Stune Augur

Does it go something like Once a Thief always a Thief? or maybe once a cheat always a cheat.. i doubt eyes on those people will matter... sub a new account lol
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There's always room for redemption.
  5. Grimaldus No pity. No remorse. No fear

Man only 2 per server, I'd imagine each working a non overlapping 8 hour shift, so that leaves a nice fat 8 hours for Hijinx.

Hey Darkpaw, I'll GM from home for a mere $25.00/hour. Can even do random shifts to keep people on their toes.
    Minpire likes this.
  6. Machen New Member

I doubt it is 2 per server. It is probably all four serving both TLP's. 168 hours a week, if they are each working 40 hours a week plus a supervisor filling in here and there they could cover 24/7.

But, this is DPG and they have not typically had cs/gm staff working 12am-8am pst so my guess is they will screw this up and have all four show up 8-5 Monday through Friday.
    Skuz and Grimaldus like this.
  7. Unifex New Member

An interesting link. Research on the Hawthorne Effect in controlled settings provides evidence of statistically significant correlation, with the validity and reliability you really need for 'scientific proof'.
  8. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Not really true...

Single PC dual monitor and boxing two characters on a single CPU is a cake walk no need for third party software at all...unless you want to cheat...

preventing a new "G6" one person with 6 gnomes 1 cleric 1 enchanter and 4 mages dominating classic should be simple...when you see who they are you ban their account...problem solved...if you really WANT IT SOLVED...G6's do pay for 6 all access accounts....lol
  9. Pleasantvalley Journeyman

Desperately need to start banning the automated AE cheaters on all servers, especially in The Deep and other similar zones. Also start watching the people who run 30-40+ characters and sell Loot Rights for $ all day long in global chat.

Stuns definitely could use a nerf too. Things are starting to improve a lot, but there still are some things we need help with from you guys.
  10. Fraggly Augur

Please keep the calls for "stun" nerfs in one of the many particularly worded threads calling for enchanters to be "balanced" pre-GoD.

I don't play AoE groups but i can imagine setting up an AoE farm group truebox style wouldn't be the hardest thing. Keypads to spam all the same spells over and over....? Unless you think the truebox rules are cheating, then i don't even know what to tell ya bud. Just because you think it is automated doesn't always make it true. (I'm also sure there are automated AoE groups out there, so play on Aradune and spam report them.)
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I honestly can't imagine how difficult life will be for those GMs.

It was impossible to manage a rotation between like five guilds, and we are asking them to manage gameplay of every player. I hope Darkpaw has some kind of advanced code solution to help with this (better than anything we have seen so far).
    Fraggly likes this.
  12. Minpire Augur

Secrete Code is called Rizlona, The honey pot of data Collection. :p
    Aneuren likes this.
  13. KimchiGoddess Augur

Shut up.
    Bartleby likes this.
  14. Pwetti Durn'Stwung Elder

Open up a ice cold can of make something happen on Aradune
  15. Healiez Augur

So if you saw someone shoot someone in the head IRL you wouldnt call 911 cause the police should "do their own job"?
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, totally the same thing. :rolleyes:
  17. Healiez Augur

Yah it was a pretty extreme example, but they are similar...

Its like expecting the police to just catch everyone without the publics help... when you are THAT outnumbered, you need more eyes.
  18. Mercanyin Augur

It is not what you do when someone is watching. It is what you do when no one is watching. Correct?
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Human beings are kinda hardwired to seek peer approval, it's pretty much how our species survived as long as it has, but with no observers our worst selves are free to act.

Though even that instinct can be overcome, recent news events sadly show how that can & does happen all too often.
  20. Olestra Elder

They figured out how to limit cheating! just make the game unplayable!