Sense Heading - Progression Server Unlocks 2017

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Future Unconfirmed dates for Expansions on Phinigel
    Expansion(s) Unlock Date
    Depths of Darkhollow January 31, 2018
    Prophecy of Ro March 28, 2018
    The Serpents Spine May 23, 2018
    The Buried Sea August 15, 2018
    Secrets of Faydwer October 10, 2018
    Seeds of Destruction January 2, 2019
    Underfoot March 27, 2019
    House of Thule May 22, 2019
    Veil of Alaris August 14, 2019
    Rain of Fear November 6, 2019
    Call of the Forsaken January 29, 2020
    The Darkened Sea March 25, 2020
    The Broken Mirror June 17, 2020
    Empires of Kunark August 12, 2020
  2. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Dates through the end of 2018 (SoF for Phinny) are "confirmed" as far as they are on the in-game calendar.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  3. Ilshade Augur

Is there going to be an update to Agnarrs times for year 2018 ? or did we think it wasn't going to make it past Nov 2018 :) - I like to check the time off line
  4. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

It should be on your /calendar and they are a big fan of that feature right now.

Luclin January 31st, 2018
    Planes of Power April 25th, 2018
    Legacy of Ykesha July 18th, 2018
    Lost Dungeons of Norrath October 10th, 2018
  5. Numiko Augur

Why is this post still here? .. who cares what the 2107 unlocks were .. this is 2018!!! .
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They're waiting to surprise us with an extra 3 months of raiding PoR I imagine.
  7. Clearcoat New Member

Lockjaw next unlock - Omens April 16th? WTB confirmation
  8. Vanrau Augur

What date was GoD beat on Lockjaw?
  9. Silinius Augur

Omens will open April 30th (pending vote) with the vote opening on the 15th (maybe 16th). Both Ragefire and Lockjaw finished GoD on the same night (believe it was January 13th) within about 5 minutes or each other.
  10. Clearcoat New Member

thanks sil, couldn't remember what day you got zum
  11. Bandok Augur

Isn't it 12 weeks from the clear? So vote should open on April 9 and then unlock would be (likely) on April 16?

There have been inconsistencies about whether it's 3 months or 12 weeks. The official "What are the Progression Servers?" page says "about 12 weeks," so that's what my above calculation uses. Your calculation uses the three months timeframe, which may be right.
  12. Silinius Augur

My info came from Roshen who checked the code.
    Bandok likes this.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Ok, here we go again.

It is neither 12 weeks from the clear nor 3 months.

The key timeframe is 90 days after the clear for Ragefire/Lockjaw. When the vote starts and ends depends on where the 90 day mark falls in the two week voting block period. You can count two week periods from the previous vote end to see how the voting periods fall.

Previous vote ended on January 8, so there are voting periods ending every two weeks from that. January 22, February 5, February 19, March 5, March 19, April 2, April 16, April 30.

You take 90 days from the barrier weakening message (above poster mentioned January 13th) so that puts the 90 day mark at April 13. That falls into the April 2-April 16 voting block. However, because there is less than a week left in that voting block from the 90 day mark, the vote rolls over to the following voting block. So vote will open April 16 and end April 30. I think the vote still opens at 12:01 AM pacific but not positive, haven't experienced it personally since they changed the expansion launch time to 2 PM pacific.

If the vote falls in the first week of a voting block -- say the expansion had been defeated on January 7, making the 90 day mark April 7--the vote opens immediately on the 90 day mark, and lasts to the end of that period. So in that case it would be April 7-April 16, with the vote launching April 7 at the exact same time of day that the barrier weakening message appeared (no correction for crossing into DST so it would end up being an hour off on the clock, unless they managed to fix that.)

So, the time an expansion is defeated until the time the next expansion launches can be anywhere from ~97 days to ~111 days, depending on how the calendar and voting periods fall.

I wrote this up at one point for the Allakhazam progression wiki, here:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers
  14. Iowella New Member

I play on Ragefire and I thought that there were no more votes past the GoD vote for Ragefire or Lockjaw.
  15. Mhad Lorekeeper

You are mistaken, read here! Scroll down to the Ragefire section.

Excerpt
    Ragefire
    • Launched: May 21, 2015
    • Latest Expansion: Gates of Discord
    • Ruleset: Voting Timelocked Progression - New expansions are voted to be unlocked about 12 weeks after the previous expansion's raid targets are defeated.
    • Pickzone: Yes
    • Experience: Progression (Faster than Classic, slower than Live)
  16. Machentoo Augur

Also the FAQ is wrong, it is more like 14 weeks on average, could be 13 or 15. Never as little as 12.
  17. Mhad Lorekeeper

The point being that Ragefire requires a vote prior to expansion unlock, and no one has stated otherwise except speculators. That is all.
  18. Silinius Augur

Correct, the voting period ends at 12:01am on the 30th with the expansion unlocking at 2pm PT the same day. Both Ragefire and Lockjaw will open on the same day.