Sense Heading - Progression Server Unlocks 2017

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jan 27, 2017.

1. -wycca Augur

OMG thank you! Two months on non-level cap expansions should really help with the lvl 70 era. Letting us experience one of the best eq expansions - GoD - in-era is pretty awesome.
  2. Ootax Augur

Why 12 weeks between Omens and DoN? Why not 8 weeks or even 4 weeks, heck I think most would like if it was released the same time at Omens or once OMM is beat type thing.
  3. -wycca Augur

To the best of my knowledge -
    Chardokb/Solc/Veksar = PoP
    Paw = OoW
    VP = DoN
    not sure on others
  4. Machen New Member

Paw was definitely revamped by ldon on Fippy. I am not sure if it was during pop, but I have logs of xping there at level 65 during ldon. Not sure if they will have changed it for this round of course.
  5. -wycca Augur

I was told by fippy guildmates that it was indeed released then on fippy, but that it was a mistake, it was left in, but fixed for future TLPs. Personally I'd love if it launched then, it's not out of era, and it's a great zone.
  6. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Really glad to see this today. Thank you, Daybreak.

Pretty sure 3 pages of support is a pretty unprecedented too.
  7. Punchis-themonk Elder

8. Catashe Augur

VP revamp was launched in GoD if it launches in DoN thats way too late
  9. Cainen Augur

I love this plan. 8 weeks for the expansions without level increase is perfect. 10/10 good change. Thank you for listening.
  10. taliefer Augur

soo, since there are indeed new AA in GoD, any chance of splitting up the total time of LDON and gates a little more evenly, or even leaning towards the "normal" 12 weeks for Gates?

again, super happy it has its own timeframe, not trying to come across as ungrateful. just GoD has new AA to grind, but LDON does not and neiher have a level cap increase. GoD also doesnt really obsolete LDON in any way.
  11. Fragile Journeyman

This. 12 weeks of GoD please, so much content in this expansion!
  12. TarewMarrForever Augur

Once again DBG pretends to listen to customers with smoke and mirrors tactics. You sheeple don't get it. They should have kept these apart AND kept them 12 weeks. This is ludicrous.

Just because there is no level cap increase doesn't mean there isn't MEANINGFUL content to consume and MEANINGFUL AA's to earn EIGHT WEEKS IS NOT ENOUGH TO DO THAT FOR THE AVERAGE PLAYER!!!.

DBG CLUE HAMMER: NOT EVERYBODY IS A HARDCORE PLAYER LOGGING 30+ HOURS A WEEK!!! GOT IT??????

In fact, most are not. Yet that 'most' = the majority of your revenue.

Jesus, I'm getting sick of them pretending to listen, but not really listening. "Ok, so they are saying they want this, let's get them that, but not really give them that. We're smart and tricksy"

Sickening.

We were told TWELVE WEEKS per era when the server started. TWELVE. One more than ELEVEN. One less than THIRTEEN! TWELVE!!! 10+2. 12!!!

12 week is already WAY shorter per era than ANY PREVIOUS TLP!!! Couple that with VASTLY slower TLP than RF and LJ which have LONGER UNLOCKS.

Folks, stop being sheeple. You have gotten GoD and OoW for a bit longer than the plan of a combined 12, but now MOST expansions going forward are 8 instead of 12 (including OOW). ALL non-level cap increase expacs are now EIGHT DAMNED WEEKS!!!

THAT IS TOO FAST!!!

THAT IS NOT WHAT WE WERE TOLD THIS SERVER WOULD BE!!! WE WERE TOLD UNEQUIVOCALLY IT WOULD BE 12 WEEKS FIXED, NO VOTING!!!

SHEEPLE: TOP LAPPING THIS UP!!! Where is the outrage? YOU ARE FALLING FOR THEIR WATCH THIS HAND WHILE OTHER HAND YOU TACTIC. They post a TERRIBLE idea, and of course everybody flips out, and then bring it back slightly but REALLY do want they want and hope we don't see it and don't complain, and most of you people are THANKING THEM!!!

You are screwing this up DBG. You are catering to hardcores, again, and haven't learned one iota.
    nostalgicfool and Ajjantis like this.
  13. Ajjantis Elder

He has a point :/
  14. -wycca Augur

He's wrong on several points I believe.

1. This is not a "WAY shorter" unlock than "ANY PREVIOUS TLP". The first round of TLP had even faster unlocks. As little as one month.

2. OoW is not 8 weeks, it's 12 weeks.

3. While 8 weeks is a bit fast for AA expansions, I believe that only applies to a couple, namely GoD and DoDH. The good news is, you can bank 130AA during PoP in order to buy most of the GoD AA (and 140AA for DoDH). Also, AA is pretty darn fast on Phin, and it's pretty easy to crank out 12-15aa every 4hrs even now in GE with a decent group. It will only get faster. The good news is that the really dragging expansions, namely DoN, PoR, TBS...are now shorter. You don't have to be max AA either before the end of an expansion...many of the AA are fillers and don't do much.

4. Actually, we were only promised that the expansions up until GoD would be 12 week expansions if I recall, there was nothing set in stone after that to my knowledge.
    Borune likes this.
  15. malaki Augur

12 weeks for some of these expansions is way too long already.
  16. Machen New Member

Twelve weeks is actually longer per era than any previous tlp, barring Ragefire and Lockjaw. As Wycca pointed out, combine often had ~1 month per era. Fippy and Vulak typically came in at 10 weeks or sometimes 12 weeks, depending on how quickly content was defeated and how the calendar lined up. The only times we were ever in an expansion for >12 weeks were LDoN with the GOD vote fails, and then SOF onward where there are artificial flagging delays that make it impossible to beat the expansion in <2 weeks.

But, why let facts get in the way of a good all-caps rant.
    Pikallo likes this.
  17. Pikallo Augur

Try not to burst an artery. As mentioned above you are wrong on various points. There is no outrage because this is a fantastic change.

The majority of the raiding population on Phinigel (which I would argue DOES include the average player) has completed all raid content easily within the first 2 months for every expansion thus far. This isn't just hardcores, it is everyone. 17 raiding guilds killed AHR within the first 2 months on Luclin. For those who don't end up fully completing GoD in 8 weeks, the content will still be there.

I feel like I'm listening to one of those hilariously exaggerated infomercials.
    Borune likes this.
  18. Machen New Member

Double post edit
  19. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Hey out of curiosity, where are you pulling that information from? I've had trouble finding detailed, up to date information like this.
  20. -wycca Augur

I'm not sure what he's using, but I usually check out raidloot.com (it appears to be roughly up to date) and/or http://eqaasearch.org/aainfo_search.asp (which is out of date on some things, but is better at searching IMO). For example, it appears that 167aa buys Rogues all GoD AA, so I can bank all but 37 of that during the lengthy PoP.
    PathToEternity likes this.