Sense Heading - Progression Server Unlocks 2017

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Hopefully you can zone into Nedarias. The rest if God was working right away on Phinny, I'd imagine you guys should be okay as well. Crossing my fingers for you!
  2. eqisfun New Member

Also curious if the unlocks are the same for RF / LJ does that mean server xfers will be both ways?
  3. Machentoo Augur

This. Voting no would be your only recourse to changing things.

I remember when we had a vote delayed an extra month after beating SoF, because there was an extra event that didn't actually exist that they had included in the list of requirements to "beat" the expansion. Apparently there was some SoF encounter that had been created during development but was dropped from SoF before it went live. They finally figured it out and triggered the barriers weakening systemwide several weeks after we'd cleared all the real content.

As a result, the SoD launch fell on the first day of spring break for most schools. It was not as bad as Christmas Day, but it was still kinda bad timing, a lot of people had vacation plans, so we pushed for SOE to move the vote date to what it should have been. They insisted they were unable to change the date for the vote--once the system is locked in on a date, they cannot do anything to alter it. They can manually trigger a launch early (despite recent protests to the contrary, they did manually unlock a number of expansions on Fippy/Vulak) but they cannot trigger a vote early.
  4. Machentoo Augur

If I had to place a bet, I'd say that whichever makes it through the expansion unlock script a second or two faster than the other will be the one to which you can transfer.
  5. -wycca Augur

It should be the lower pop server/zone that runs a bit faster, but then again, I know that Ragefire was said to have pretty beefy hardware, so maybe it will run faster (they never really commented on LJ, it could be the same for all we know). Fun speculation though.

If I had to make a guess though, I'd say that the transfer restrictions & allowances are all just set by the devs and there's nothing automated (ie LJ behing ahead of RF). Would love to be wrong though. Ie I'd enjoy Agnarr->Phin transfers for example now that the exp rate is pretty much the same.
  6. Machentoo Augur

By the time anyone would actually want to xfer from Agnarr to Phinny, I imagine Phinny will be far enough ahead to make the deal pretty unattractive. But I guess Agnarr to anything will be popular for some people at that point.
  7. Curley Journeyman

I have just seen this and I think it's quite appalling to release GoD on Christmas Day. Please see sense and do it 2 weeks before, or 2 weeks after. Many of us have already arranged family holidays and can't get time to raid.
  8. Adonhiram Augur

As many others, I think it's not a good idea to release GoD on Ragefire in the middle of the Christmas period. It doesn't make sense, many of us just won't be able to log in during that time, being on vacation with their family (yes in Europe we even take vacations for Christmas and Eastern ;)). A short delay of two weeks would be perfect, and release GoD the second week of january 2018 to allow everyone to be in the starting blocks the day it unlocks.
  9. Gremin Augur

Two weeks early also would be fine.
  10. Adonhiram Augur

Works too for me, but just out of curiosity, are LJ and RF now synchro, are you supposed to get GoD the same day we are ? Or is there still a delay between both servers ?
  11. Gremin Augur

Same day now.
  12. Adonhiram Augur

13. Machentoo Augur

I think you guys are still making the mistake of thinking that Daybreak can actually successfully adjust the launch date if they so wish. From what they have posted recently, and five years of experience on Fippy, they cannot.
  14. Adonhiram Augur

Cannot or will not ? Is there a Deus ex Machina in their computers which they cannot bend ?
  15. Machentoo Augur

You can either take them at their word (Prathun says there is, in fact. In recent posts/discussions about the daylight savings time, he said if he launched and expansion early, it would just unlaunch itself effectively.) Or you can take them at their history (they haven't done it since early Fippy/Vulak despite some extremely compelling reasons to do so--such as Velious opening weeks early on Phinny randomly, or SoF failing to launch for a month due to bugs.) In the distant past they were able to handle some of these things, but the vast majority of times in the last five years, they have thrown up their hands and claimed that it is beyond their ability to correct.

Like anything else it is probably a matter of resources, and the simple fact is that they almost certainly won't have the resources to move your launch off of Christmas Day.

I am prepared to be pleasantly surprised if I am wrong.

Edit for typos...
  16. Adonhiram Augur

Thanks for your analysis, but if you are right, I find it a bit scaring that the company which runs the game which holds our hearts and spirits for 18 years hasn't the technical or human resources to delay or advance an expansion release by 2 weeks... Are they that small/fragile/understaffed ?
  17. Febb Augur

They won't delay the launch of the expansion even if the expansion isn't ready regardless of what their executive producer will tell you. It's set up to launch the same time every year for a reason.
  18. Brumans Augur

Just a note, it was 1 week early, not weeks :)
  19. AgentofChange Augur

No, Ragefire/Lockjaw just mean that little to them
  20. Adonhiram Augur

My heart breaks !