Regarding Third Party Cheat Programs

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by EQ Dev, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elumxe Elder

as long as fan based projects exist, people will create features, when those features are not allowed, threads like this are started.
    I personally respect dbg wishes and haven’t released ANY new features that are questionable or detrimental to others gameplay since 2015. (Or prior actually) in fact I have removed features per their request and modified others when it was within reason and actually possible to do so, the biggest one being removing the ability to use it on truebox and making sure it can’t be built for it.

Reflecting on that though, makes me question if we where too successful doing that which in turn prompted the creation of the new program, but I don’t see what other route we could have taken... *shrug*
    Delphi66, Solaar Esten and code-zero like this.
  2. lokomojo New Member

So, you believe that leaving the HACK/CHEAT version of your program online will stop a true box version from coming out.

But yet, your openly admitting in this thread that it did not stop a true box version from coming out. Your agreement obviously doesnt stop hacking programs from being released on true box, if it did by your own admission we wouldn't even have this thread. So, here we are again, YOUR program allows players to hack and cheat. YOU do nothing about and claim that its so True Box doesn't get hacks/cheats.

Obviously its not working so maybe its time to go back to the drawing board with your agreement. Maybe thats what this thread is about?
    Ghubuk likes this.
  3. Jord New Member

Let's be clear here, the only reason you are fiercely arguing about this is because it could potentially impact your source of cashflow.

I find it hard to believe that DBG is OK with game genie, and if DBG is OK with it... I think we have more serious problems to discuss as a community. Are you going to tell me the map hacks, the scripts/bot programs that automate your characters - which you advertise on your websites are OK?

BTW your version may not work on TLP servers - but trust me when I tell you that there are several working versions of it on TLP servers.

I hope DBG isn't bluffing and I truly hope they have found a way to detect and remove game genie from the game.
    Notfair and Ghubuk like this.
  4. elumxe Elder

You don’t even know what the new program is called or what it does, it’s not based on or a derivative of game genie.
    You act like you have expertise in this area, but you don’t.
    It uses writeprocessmemory to modify game memory to invoke things like warp etc. DO not compare that kind of crap coding to game genie, they are not the same, they don’t do the same things, it is NOT a truebox version of game genie.

You are so entrenched in you bias that you are blind to the actual facts. NO-ONE has built a truebox version of game genie, it can’t be done, this guy built a new program that has a few serious active hacks in it, that’s it.
    I have upheld my deal with dbg, I can’t be held responsible for some new guy that comes around with a program that contains a few serious active hacks that does stuff my program does NOT do. But I can try to help stopping it from being spread. And I will.

Don’t give me anymore crap about not being successful in preventing game genie use on truebox, I’ve been successful for over 3 years keeping it off those servers and we only got this post now since the new program has been released, in other words it took this guy 3 years to come up with something that can do a few bad things, it has no other features than active hacks, it doesn’t enhance the game experience with for example slotcolors or a nice itemdisplay, it’s created to wreak havoc and chaos, no other reason. And it’s not my fault.
    Delphi66 and code-zero like this.
  5. Jord New Member

Can DBG elaborate on this "deal"?
  6. Ghubuk Augur

Agreed, DBG really needs to tell us what this "deal" entails.
    xcitng likes this.
  7. Ghubuk Augur

But it probably does auto play characters for you, show spawns etc, just like "game genie". Quite a bit different things than slotcolors and itemdisplay.
  8. elumxe Elder

“Probably” are we guessing again? Try harder. But you are right about one thing, it is definitely not slotcolors and itemdisplay... if it was this thread wouldn’t exist.

They did tell you when they changed the rules to include the line “unattended gameplay is not allowed”. (That means attended is)

Also there are plenty of threads where this has been discussed in the past, don’t act like you didn’t know.

I’m letting myself get pulled in by this trolling and I really shouldn’t so I will try to not post anymore in this thread for now. I refer you to my earlier posts if you have further questions. Everything has been fully covered already and now we are just circling back over and over because you can’t be bothered to actually read previous posts and/or accept logic.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

Paying customers wishing for a level playing field is NOT trolling. If DBG thinks that various "features" are good for the game, then they should add them. Otherwise, it is just people using a cheat program to get ahead.
    xcitng and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think a significant portion of the community would like to renegotiate "the deal", based on the number of threads on the forums. Its not like "the deal" is final!
    As you said: the "feature set" of the game can be changed by DBG.
    What remains to be seen, is which portion of the everquest community, DBG will listen to.

This could be a defining moment for DBG. After all, for online games, reputation lasts a long time....
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

I also can't believe that DBG would make an "agreement" with a cheat program developer. If this were true, it would be extremely unethical.
    xcitng likes this.
  12. elumxe Elder

Can’t pull me in, now go back to talking about Kronos and rmt.
  13. Bigfan Augur

It's a tipping scale for DBG, they disallow "Game Genie" of any flavour on live servers, their game dies.

Krono sales drop, accounts drop, game goes belly up. If you think the game will last without "Game Genie" it will not. It's nearly 20 years old, most servers are nearly dead. Only thing that currently keeping it a float is people with multiple accounts, and TLP. So TLP was agree'd to not allow "Game Genie". Someone bypassed that for a quick buck, and thus broke the "unwritten/followed" rule.

Good luck to EQ devs if they roll a banwave at this point, because there will be a reckoning that they do not want.

I enjoy EQ, but it's getting harder and harder to do anything in it with so few people, will be worse I think soon.
    Adrienna and elumxe like this.
  14. Levy Journeyman

You guys are completely missing Eqmules point based on your very strong bias towards boxing and game genie in general. The program you are seeing on truebox servers is in no way shape or form derived from game genie. It just isn't possible.

Saying that it is shows your ignorance of the system and measures in place to prevent it. If you're commenting on issues on live servers then maybe you can address them to him.

DBG doesn't support active hacks that are the root issue like warping. AFK play also isn't supported. If you note the long list of features that were implemented in the game as a result of game genie features you'll realize it's a small subset. I'm happy for them to ban all those players. But there are some undeniable nice features (like wow addons) that don't negatively impact anyone.

Also, the whiners complain about every patch and implementation that goes into the game. Why not let it be beta tested by a small population till it's perfected then implemented. Seems like a smart play by DBG.
    Adrienna, Delphi66 and elumxe like this.
  15. Solaar Esten Journeyman

I’ve been seeing unattended game play for years without using any programs, just by using what DBG provides, Mercs. I remember returning for the umpteenth time in 2013, and went to go XP in the hole. What did I find? 3 toons with 3 mercs at the bottom farming XP’s. And now with auto loot thats xp’s and loot. No program necessary.
    Adrienna and elumxe like this.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

What do the devs think is keeping EQ alive?
    Great gameplay? a sense of community? entertaining challenges? an engaging fantasy-world?

or "game genie"?

:rolleyes:
    Sancus likes this.
  17. Lankie Augur

The entire reason that game genie was disabled, was to show how quickly a server would fail without it.

TLP are more popular than Live servers.

Woops.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Ghubuk Augur

I have absolutely no bias towards boxing. I play four toons myself. I just dont use 3rd party software to do it. I just tab between windows.
    xcitng and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  19. Jord New Member

Pretty sure nobody is comparing the hack that looks like a diablo trainer (That is being linked on every Everquest forum) versus game genie.

Game Genie is back, and it isn't EQmules copy that is being used. That being said EQMules version is definitely not just a UI face lift - no matter what kind of koolaid he's trying to sell you.

They need to turn it off game genie completely. If DBG truly does have some kind of backdoor deal with EQMule that is even more sketch.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Ghubuk like this.
  20. Bigfan Augur

TLP is 6 servers of around, so lets say on average 3.8k people.

Each Live server on average is lets say 200 each, not counting people running multiple accounts. 3.3k people.

Now add boxes /multiple accounts and lets factor in the people who play LOTS of accounts, you're running some serious numbers and loss.

so ya, 3.8k people Pay for TLP, but that's mostly 1 or two accounts..and the Krono sales that go from TLP tends to trickle to Live. Overall the loss of people and subs would crash the Krono market, and not many people would be buying them, and expending.

EQ dies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.