Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeen Lorekeeper

One account already lapsed to silver, the other has a week before going silver also. I will just work on getting a couple of alts leveled and add some AA. I think I'd enjoy a max level wizzy.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. segap Augur

HAs have always worked that way. From day one of the cotf release.
  3. Millianna Augur

Probably drop to 1 character and shelf my alts.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The devs would gladly own up to a mistake, if a mistake occurred. There's no mistake here. The overtuning of HAs was INTENTIONAL.

What we're trying to do is get them to see the err in their approach. So far, we've gotten their attention. But don't count on DBG to make it easier for casuals just because we've taken to the streets with our pitchforks and torches. What we need here is data, informed responses, and impassioned pleas for help. Threats of quitting, going silver, spending less, et al is silly, and the devs will treat those responses as such. If you wish to vote with your dollars, just do so. I promise DBG keeps a close eye on paid subs. It's a key metric in the performance of their product.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Mordeen Lorekeeper

I'm not threatening to drop to silver, I already did it. Saying others response to serious concerns is "silly" is a sad commentary.
  6. Kelthorg Lorekeeper

I am not threatening anything. I stopped my recurring sub, no threat involved. It is one account and of little consequence. However, this is literally the forum where we express our feedback, and I have done so.

Whether the ha's are tuned to the point where they truly intended I don't know. What I do know is that the overwhelming feedback from us is that we hate it. Either the mistake is that they tuned it more than they intended or the mistake is that they incorrectly anticipated how wildly unpopular this tuning would be.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Galien and Mordeen like this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Curious what will happen first- thread reaches 1000 posts, or thread gets locked...
  8. Hitty Augur

Thought I could use that trick too in TBM/Templeb for access of my noob berserker. Took TBM group task solo at 86, zoned in -> mobs around 88-90, then taskadd a bunch of 110 after that: whole zone successively reverted to 112-114 while 86-Berzerker was inside viewing that. So that change means, that TBM named in some parts and especially the missions (last group tasks in the quest/progressions arc) is again not even possible to achieve for me again. TBM was the worst expansion after GoD because of the bugs and the difficulty of the group progression which was raid level at the last missions. Tried these missions at EoK beta with EoK Raid Equipment and could do it. Now it is again out of sight.

RoS is like GoD - nothing you would buy for all accounts if you would have known what is insight the package. After the HA-Desaster - if I would have known that before RoS, I would have bought perhaps EoK as a cheap extension but never got hand on RoS in the first place.

Sad - one reason for buying an expansion is doing old content which is not possible to do at that point.
    I will think next time when I spend money on all of my accounts. That was a failure. Never should have done that. Expansions are playable always after 6 months bugfixing, nerfing and patching...
  9. strongbus Augur

I start out by saying they should have never scaled the ha to begin with. they should have stayed at 100 and by now be so useless to us at 110 its not funny.

But I do find it funny people are complaining bout this when its the same thing that happen when they had the ha scale from 100-105(besides maybe they waited to tbm before the raised it so we had 2 105 exp worth of gear/aa). So why are people so upset that they scaled them up to 110. If they had made them so you had to have raid gear I agree with people but if they can be done with group gear so what.

But I do wonder if they had waited till next exp after ros(keeping the next one at 110) to increase the ha in cotf/tds/tbm would have anyone giving a care.
  10. Millianna Augur

This is so not true. When they update the HAs last time, most people didn’t even notice. This is a completely different story - forcing people into the new expansion.
  11. Mordeen Lorekeeper

You don't see a real problem with RoS level npcs casting RoS spells in level 105 and even level 100 instances if even a single 106 level player is part of the group? CotF level 100? oooookay
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

don't need a 106 level player in the zone. 100-105- are impacted by the retune to a different degree as the 105+ mobs are scaled to the 110 mobs,
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  13. Mordeen Lorekeeper

Quite right Tornicade_IV, I just wanted to make sure to point out if you have a higher than 105 player you face RoS spells as well as npcs. I can just imagine if previous expansion raid instances scaled up so it took a full raid force to do them again. The fury of the Gods would rain down from the skies of Norrath!!!
  14. strongbus Augur

1st the 106 person has to zone in to get the mobs that level. if the 106 don't zone in then its not 106+ instance. so the mobs wouldn't be casting ros spells. just eok and lower.(depending on level range of toons in the instance)

2nd it was like this before ROS. even in EOK with the older HA if you had a group of 100's in it and a 101+ toon zoned in the mobs reset themself based on the 101+ toon. so once that 101+ toon zoned in the mobs started casting 101+ spells.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Or if you leveled inside a HA it would rescale to the new level.
  16. Mordeen Lorekeeper

DUH, why the heck would a 106 even be in the group if they were not zoning in??? That'd be absurd! Whatever!
  17. strongbus Augur

back before they changed it so even if you got a ha but dropped it before it was complete(but rest of group completed it) you still got lockout) i would get ha for people who couldn't get them and drop out or if i was going afk just afk out of the instance.

But it comes down to even when it was went form 100-105 the instance scale based on the highest level person in zone. the difference is we had 3 exp at 105 and they didn't make the change to like the 2nd 105 exp(i think). this time it was done at the 1st 110 exp. before you had 3 exp worth of gear/aa/spells you could get easy that make dealing with the mobs much easier. This time you only got 1. I box a necro//mage/druid/ench atm. Before ROS came out they where gear in just EOK t1 group stuff(with necro being a combo of EOK group and EOK raid gear) it take me 20-30 mins each. to do the gnome and orger HA in DH that with the necro/mage/druid being maxed level and the necro/mage maxxed aa. the ench was just made as a hc level 85. After these changes came out same group same gear was taking bout 40-60 mins each.

Like I said they should have never had them scale to begin with. But to think when the scaled them for ros that the mobs wouldn't be using ros level spells/attack/hp is nuts.

But bottom line is this the ha scale in 5 level blocks based on the highest level in the instance. So having 1 level 106+ in a group of 100-105 is going make the zone ROS level.

questions for you all

what did oyu expect to happen. they increase the ha for 110 but leave them only casting EOK or lower level spells with eok or lower level hp and stuff?
  18. Mordeen Lorekeeper

I most certainly did not expect to be wiped in CotF instances with a box group of 3 103 to 109 toons, the 109 in EoK T2 group gear, the others in TBM/TDS gear! (cough Captain Cooper cough) Regardless of how it used to be or is now, this just plain isn't right! It needs to at least be rescaled so a group of 2 or 3 players of the zone's open zone level with mercs and top group gear for the expansion it's in can complete it.
    Caell, Gana and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

They were ALREADY scaling to 110. But the mobs' power level was more on par with the expansion the HA originated from, scaled to 110.

NOW the HA are scaling the mobs' power level to that of the most recent expansion, rather than the expansion the HA originated from. THAT is the issue at hand.

What did I expect to happen? I expected that a mission from an expansion that released three or four years ago would approximate difficulty levels from...you guessed it! ... three or four years ago.
    Caell, Vexana_Lanys, Gana and 4 others like this.
  20. enclee Augur

As a recently returning player that’s missed the bulk of the last 6 years, I didn’t expect HAs to scale. I’m just learning about that now. I just assumed it’s like every EQ thing, outlevel the content and go back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.