Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

But posting you are quitting is less sad? As if DBG doesn't get regular reports of who's paying and who isn't?

Look, you're free to post whatever you like. I am just saying it's silly (ie not worth your time) to post you're going to impact their bottom line. They already have this information.
  2. Mordeen Lorekeeper

I never at any time said I was quitting. Please don't put words in my mouth. I said I was dropping my two gold accounts to silver. Perhaps others who come to the forums would like to know this is happening.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I apologize. I did not mean you, specifically. But in general, posting quit/cancel/not spending $.

You're right. Others may be curious to know.
  4. strongbus Augur

I agree with the difficulty being on par with a when the exp came out. and as i stated they should have never scaled pass 100(cotf) or 105(tds/tbm/eok) and only ros be scaled to 110. but they didn't do that.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  5. Kelthorg Lorekeeper

Sad ^^^. It's like you are purposely being argumentative. Focus on the issue at hand please, your opinion on the current scaling of ha's. I personally am not a fan of the scaling.
  6. Mordeen Lorekeeper

No apology needed. I never post in the forums unless I believe it's something very very important. I figure this impacts a lot, I mean a LOT of less than end game players. Have a great evening.
  7. Treage_Imminent Elder

Ding 50!!!

Edit: That should mean something to the power's that be.
  8. Zekson Journeyman

Your target was unaffected by your silence spell....
    You have taken 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 damage from the hammer...
    LOADING PLEASE WAIT....
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. BarryGarry New Member

Can we please have a dev comment with why this "change" is/can be a good thing? Can we know what the target goal is so we might help you achieve that? Can you please provide us with some positive responses you have recieved from your paying customers? Cause I am struggling to understand and why I would continue to give you money for a service I do not want, and it seems many others are in the same boat. Do you want money!? Or is it pride you want more? You screwed up... it's ok we will forgive you... just fix it...
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think it is fine for some scaling to occur in older content but it should not be at the difficulty of the latest expansion. For years people who didn't want end of game difficulty could play an expansion back and enjoy a more casual style of game play.

That is not to say there cannot be more difficult end game stuff those who like to be on the cutting age. There should be something in the game for everyone. Personally, some expansions I am in there from the beginning and other expansions not so much. So I float back and forth between the hard core and more casual game. I think both play styles are valid and should be encouraged with the eq ha scaling mechanic.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

I've done a couple of EoK ha's today, and they were just as trivial as they were when they were new.
    (droga and korsha labs). If it was only 3-4 mobs there was no reason not to use a 2h weapon to tank with.
    Did the eok ones not scale? (droga was all dark blue, korsha was anywhere from dark blue to yellow). Nothing hit hard at all.
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

agreed, really.

Since i wasn't here for the transition from CotF to TDS, i cannot comment about the impact of the scaling back then.
    I have only noticed how i had to use defensives when i was not the highest in a HA group during my catching-up phase (e.g. when i was 94 and the highest was already 96) - as a returnee i have put down these difficulties to my sub-par gear.
    I did not, however, too much of a scaling difference between level 96-100HAs and level 101-105 ones.
    That might have been in part due to the speed i did breeze through those levels (with the help my now-guildies) and that i have gotten some TBM gear quite early on in those levels (also thanks to my guildies).
    So i had two mitigating effects for any scaling from 100 to 105HAs; TBM (group) gear really made these quite easy.

The "so what" i would say depends on your overall viewpoint on this.
    For ME, "beatable" is not enough really - not in the context of 2-5year old stuff that we are talking here mostly.
    e.g. in TBM there is this one lesser spirit mission with a skelly "name" before the "open chest" step (life or decay, i always mistake those two).
    That one has death-touched me at level 105 sometimes, both in group and raid gear (though i think that was a bug, mostly it "just" did some 70k or so damage on engage). I haven't tried that mission yet after the nerf, and i am not looking forward to it either.

The thing isn't as MUCH the "beatable or not" question (for me, in raid gear - others might well have far more issues as mentioned above by some), as it is the "in a timely manner" and "at relative ease".
    MY main concern in this is - utterly selfishly - how i should finish up CotF progression for even my main when i already wiped occasionally in the non-beefed-up version of some HAs (e.g. that bixie one with the ambush on a bridge that gets rushed by a bunch of hostiles).
    And even more so when i think of how i should do it for my group-geared PAL+SHD with the "support" i have for them on the other account(s).
    I can only imagine the issues of people that have even less support and "means" than i do (and i am sympathetic).

THAT is a valid question and an interesting twist to the entire discussion we're having.
    But since we cannot truly see and judge the full impact of RoS group gear on the current form of "scaling", discussing it or following the thought through is not worth it imo due to lack of a baseline.
  13. enclee Augur

DBG can see the subscription numbers of course, and how many accounts are cancelling or resubscribing but numbers don't tell really tell you anything. Subscribers posting on their official forums describing why they are quitting are very valuable bits of information. Also, gives you a chance to do some customer service and retain customers for minimal cost.

PS. I couldn't figure out how to cancel at first, the cancel button doesn't look like a link, lol.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mordeen like this.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Honestly, as you said too, i did not notice much of a "scaling" after EoK came out.
    (at/during TBM i was still catching up and had to deal with the "normal" scaling from 95 and lower to 96 and above, mainly - and that was HARD on me and the people that were with me and i was tanking for - but i did put that down to gear issues and was for the most part to compensate by defensives for the critical levels)
    I did not care about the "level" of a mob (it's con i mean here), but i cared about it's "relative power" to me - and that was continually decreasing.

So my expectancy was that also with the release of RoS there'd be no significant increase in mob's powers, that the distance between my power-level and that of the mob would become greater, not smaller. You know.. like with any "old" content.
    My expectancy was that i could return to these old expansions and finish them up for my main and "breeze" through them with my ALTs+Boxes at my leisure much better than last year.

I find these expectancies dashed and see myself wondering about my ALT's progression through CotF instead.
    I find that now, with the current situation, i would have to actually ask for help by more than one person for this old even for my top-geared main - and i simply don't stand for that, i find it out-of-line for the age of content we speak about.

But looking beyond my own situation, what really worries me (and what sets my tone on this matter) is the situation of people NOT in my still relatively comfy situation.
    Because for ME, gear sure mitigates some of the "bad effects" - and even so i find my HA times at least doubled. Thinking back to my situation i mentioned above at level 94 tanking for level96's, i clearly see issues for lesser geared people and do not doubt it when some post here that they can't even complete their HA of choice.
    And i don't think it's a good idea to expect a full or even an "optimal" group for this type of content as some seem to, especially in the light of the age of what we are talking here about mainly and initial concept that was something completely different than "full group" too.

HAs, from my point of view, were meant to be "easy R&R missions for the masses".
    And they've lost that.
    NOT my expectation at all.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

A thoughtful post imo, and possibly fit to give this thread a new point of view - even though a derail in itself:
    Right, i think so too - in general, from a hawk's-level point of view.
    Especially when i look at the.. sheer (lack of) size of the expansions recently.
    I love some old zones and i'd absolutely love the opportunity to return to them at "current" difficulty.
    (e.g. if Kaesora were a viable zone again, as i absolutely loved that - or crushbone, as i just love to kill D'Vinn over and over)
    EQ has such a rich history that NOT "reusing" it seems like a complete waste, of sorts.
    (i liked RoF for this very reason too, btw - great thing to be back in CC and Kael again)

BUT - and that really is a big but:
    I must be given the choice!
    I mentioned LDoN normal/hard somewhere near the beginning of this thread.
    The actual coding mechanics notwithstanding, i'd love such a mechanism in game that would "by itself" scale when wished and be viable alternatives to the actual current zones, especially since we're seeing mostly static zones in RoS.
    And with "given the choice" i do not only mean that i should also be able to do that old zone at it's original (power)level still, but also that the loot scaled with the difficulty - the risk vs. reward must be in line.
    I'd like to re-live some "good old times" in Thalassius, but instead of Orux at TBS difficulty, those same missions (if scaled) should then give Bathezid Trade Gems at RoS difficulty and Remnants at TBM and so on. And the chest/named loots should "scale" accordingly (use appropriate loot tables).

Now THAT would - for a surely significant investment - yield MANY gaming-opportunities to make us overlook the ever-shrinking scope of actual new expansions. Of course i have no clue how "realistic" (or even just remotely possible) that would be, but i would embrace this with open arms.
    IF given the choice to still do Thalassius or Kaesora or whatever zone we're talking about at it's original level too if i for some reason wanted to.

Yet, what we see atm is far from that and therefore not only can i not "embrace" this "fix", i actually detest it and think it's detrimental overall - to a point where, in MY eyes, only a full reversal really is any "help".
    Still, they (Dev's) can THEN build on what was said in this thread and your post perhaps to fabricate something lasting that still fits in with their "vision" (yes i think there is still such a thing) for the game on one side and their "possibilites" (as i am certain there are limiting factors, just not of their extent) on the other.
  16. Fohpo Augur

What, like 40 pages and a week later - still no dev response or further info on this?
  17. Millianna Augur

Nope- if they had anything good say they would have said it by now.
  18. Khat_Nip Meow

The fact that this thread is still open should be evident to everyone that they are reading it.
    A Test server patch in a couple days 'might' reflect where they plan on going with past HAs/missions.
    IMO the scaling of old HAs/missions was the wrong course for obvious reasons but I would think we'll possibly find out what they plan on doing with them by Wednesday either way.
  19. Tornicade_IV Augur

This is not true. whether the mobs cast ROS spells or not depends on the mob level not the highest level.
    Even before the tune up mobs were casting ROS spells. Trainwreck is my Merc.
    Wisp of decay on 1/6/2018
    Wisp of decay - 8
    --- Ashen Skin - 1
    --- Bomoda's Grasp - 1
    --- Dreadful Shriek - 2
    --- Liquefaction - 2
    --- Nexona's Swift Venom - 1
    --- Pyre of the Shadewarden - 1
    Produced by GamParse v1.5.2.12

Wisp of decay on 1/6/2018 in 131sec
    Total
    --- DMG: 1067824 @ 8151 sdps (8151 dps in 131s) [100%]
    --- DMG to PC: 1107818 @8457dps
    Tornicade
    --- DMG: 1065522 @ 8134 sdps (8260 dps in 129s) [99.78%]
    ------ Total: 1065522 -- Slash: 462544 -- DirDmg: 292000 -- DoT: 255828 -- Bash: 29835 -- Environmental: 25315
    ------ Normal rate: 86.5% (63.9% of DMG) -- Critical rate: 13.5% (36.1% of DMG)
    ------ Attempts: 344 -- Hits: 303 -- Misses: 41 -- Defended: 0 -- Accuracy: 88.1%
    --- DMG to PC: 812877 @6301dps
    --- Special: X
    Trainwreck
    --- DMG: 2302 @ 18 sdps (28 dps in 83s) [0.22%]
    ------ Total: 2302 -- Smash: 2302
    ------ Normal rate: 100% (100% of DMG)
    ------ Attempts: 2 -- Hits: 1 -- Misses: 1 -- Defended: 0 -- Accuracy: 50%
    --- DMG to PC: 267510 @3147dps
    --- Special: X
    You
    --- DMG to PC: 27431 @239dps
    Special: 2: Infusion 6: Staunch 7: Intensity 9: Armor B: MB | LB | HT G: Glyph K: Kiss M: Secrets X: Slain $: Saved by DI

Name,Damage
    Tornicade,812877
    Trainwreck,267510
    You,27431
    /GU Tanking summary for: Tornicade --- Total Melee --- Damage: 812877 --- Avg hit: 8648 --- Attempts: 171 --- Riposted: 13/171 [7.6%] --- Parried: 15/158 [9.49%] --- Dodged: 14/143 [9.79%] --- Blocked: 20/129 [15.5%] --- Defended: 62/171 [36.26%] --- Missed: 12/109 [11.01%] --- Hits: 97/109 [88.99%] --- Absorbed: 3/97 [3.09%] --- Real Hits: 94/97 [96.91%]

This was before the patch

I did later grab a necro to finish the mission but I always try these molo first for two reasons.. 1st to learn the zone and the mobs.2nd to determine if I can carry a lower level group through the task .

I have the parse with a 106 Necro that resulted in the win but the primary purpose of this parse info is to show a 102 HA with a Mob casting 106+ Spells

some other encounters on this mission

An otherworldly spirit on 1/6/2018
    An otherworldly spirit - 15
    --- Adalora's Swift Deconstruction - 1
    --- Consume Essence - 2
    --- Grip of Jabaum - 2
    --- Hair-Raising Shriek - 3
    --- Liquefying Venin - 3
    --- Mourgis' Decay - 1
    --- Serisaria's Swift Venom - 3

more casting of ros spells in a 102 level mission .

An otherworldly spirit on 1/6/2018 in 234sec
    Total
    --- DMG: 7503586 @ 32067 sdps (32067 dps in 234s) [100%]
    --- DMG to PC: 3092447 @13330dps
    Tornicade
    --- DMG: 7424117 @ 31727 sdps (31727 dps in 234s) [98.94%]
    ------ Tornicade:
    --------- Total: 7355325 -- Slash: 4570920 -- DirDmg: 2013319 -- DoT: 472419 -- Environmental: 152295 -- Bash: 146372
    --------- Normal rate: 87.4% (62.7% of DMG) -- Critical rate: 12.6% (37.3% of DMG)
    --------- Attempts: 996 -- Hits: 883 -- Misses: 113 -- Defended: 0 -- Accuracy: 88.7%
    ------ Tornicade`s pet:
    --------- Total: 68792 -- Slash: 37535 -- Punch: 27886 -- Bash: 1702 -- Kick: 1669
    --------- Normal rate: 71.4% (62.9% of DMG) -- Critical rate: 28.6% (37.1% of DMG)
    --------- Attempts: 401 -- Hits: 273 -- Misses: 63 -- Defended: 65 -- Accuracy: 81.3%
    --- DMG to PC: 2861219 @12333dps
    --- Special: B
    Jonarer
    --- DMG: 79469 @ 340 sdps (403 dps in 197s) [1.06%]
    ------ Total: 79469 -- Smash: 72448 -- Bash: 5686 -- Kick: 1335
    ------ Normal rate: 77.9% (74.2% of DMG) -- Critical rate: 22.1% (25.8% of DMG)
    ------ Attempts: 249 -- Hits: 149 -- Misses: 54 -- Defended: 46 -- Accuracy: 73.4%
    --- DMG to PC: 190600 @1089dps
    You
    --- DMG to PC: 40628 @177dps
    Special: 2: Infusion 6: Staunch 7: Intensity 9: Armor B: MB | LB | HT G: Glyph K: Kiss M: Secrets X: Slain $: Saved by DI

/GU Tanking summary for: Tornicade --- Total Melee --- Damage: 2666003 --- Avg hit: 8437 --- Attempts: 447 --- Riposted: 30/447 [6.71%] --- Parried: 21/417 [5.04%] --- Dodged: 17/396 [4.29%] --- Blocked: 28/379 [7.39%] --- Defended: 96/447 [21.48%] --- Missed: 32/351 [9.12%] --- Hits: 319/351 [90.88%] --- Absorbed: 3/319 [0.94%] --- Real Hits: 316/319 [99.06%]
  20. Death by Death New Member

This is a serious WTF kind of thing.

Hey, while you are at it... those decaying skeletons didn't level up when I conned them.
    I know they drop like level 1 bone chips, but I didn't have the 'fun' risk of being insta-gibbed when running through the newbie zone.

Don't keep the sadism isolated to HAs... spread the suffering.

Thx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.