Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nennius Curmudgeon

You could have included an environmental angle. Fewer instances=Less power used. Save The Planet!! No instances at all!!

Seriously though, the overtuning went wayyy too far. Time to retune it back a few notches.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

So you assume.
    I have yet to see a Dev statement on the "why" at all.

While i haven't done Gribbles in a while now, i do not mind this.
    Besides, the Gribbles "only" gave 16 to 19AAs or so - the rest was bonus XP or lesson/potions.
    Still a lot, perhaps "too much" - yet again i do not mind; Gribbles are far too dull for lower rewards really.
    And for me personally it makes total sense to have *some* way in the game to catch up on AAs rather quickly.
    I benefited from that, would probably not be raiding now (or at least not for two years now) if not for the speedbump i got from them, as i returned with a mere (hard earned!) 1600AAs.

Yet, even if those 16AAs (which seem fixed on the mission, and mobs don't give XP anyways) *were* too much suddenly...
    Then why change mob levels scaling up insteaed of simply adjusting the XP accordingly?
    I guess someone misinterpreted the "scaling intent" of HAs and up bigtime.
    They were - as was remarked above - meant to scale DOWN, not up.
    5 year old content hitting like the current one...
    THAT is what i call whacko!

As it is now, i do not even want to TRY "The doomscale horde" and other CotF Hero missions.
    I had been overrun at level 105 with full TBM (not sure how many EoK pieces i had at the time i tried last) when i boxed it and even when i had the help of a live player for this old .
    Now?
    As i said, i don't even wanna try.

For myself, anything short of taking back this change doesn't cut it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Millianna Augur

There’s a lot of people missing the point. There’s a 3 hour lockout for each Gribble HA. Any AAs you get must take that into account.
    Qazwsx and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. strongbus Augur

still like to know how people where doing these fast enough to a lesson burn on all three.

i understand doing one then hitting lesson before hail to get the bouns on that one then doing the next fast enough to get the lesson on the second one but not a 3rd. best i can do boxing before patch was doing each of the gnome ones in bout 20-25 mins each.
  5. Chorus Augur

Get a feel for the timing on each mission, do the slowest one first before firing up lesson, enter the subsequent missions at 35 seconds from the time of hail, which is about as fast as you can enter without getting that unsafe to enter message. Rotate your burns in such a way that you always have something up, instead of using them all in one burst. Don't pull, fight them where they stand, the less running around time, the better.

If you are missing DPS aa or don't have up to date enough gear for arms/legs/weapons, then you're probably going to have issues doing 3, once I even managed to get one of the ogre's in as well, but it was down to the wire and only happened because I got the best mobs (lowest HP) for each of the prior 2 missions.

For the record, my group is a brd/war/bst trio with 2 rogue mercs and a cleric merc. Was using sword and board on the warrior, which in hindsight I probably didn't need to do. Bard is only raid geared toon, but I wouldn't really count that as my raid gear at the time was about 2 expansions behind and I was doing this the expansion after cotf, as I took that year off more or less.
  6. Seldom Augur

This HA situation doesn't have to be a complete fail IMO. If the code exist to easily scale these missions up/down, please revert most of these missions back to their prior state in a "normal" setting. Leave the current missions in at their current state under a "hard" setting. This would add much more flavor to very limited content if it's easily doable, now and moving forward
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Another thing - if Devs feel the need to scale the mobs to actual level, then the mobs need to drop level-appropriate loot as well. These tasks and missions in The Broken Mirror are horrendously difficult.
    Galien and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  8. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This change just smacks of the typical knee-jerk, non-consideration, screw-everyone-just-to-punish-the-few reaction I've come to have an extreme dislike for from this development team. Fix Gribbles. Yes. Makes sense. To make this change to ALL HAs....despicable. I guess I now need to be RoS raid-geared in order to complete 4 year old content?

I'm not just unhappy. I am pissed.
  10. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

My apologies to you I_Love_MY_Bandwidth for lumping my reply to you into your quote. Lord knows we all make mistakes.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

No worries! Not sure if you thought my reply was directed at you. It wasn't.

It was directed at Daybreak Games.
  12. Imak Augur

Devs want to scale Heroic Adventures? Ok, fine, although it seems that you've overtweaked them, considerably, according to commentary throughout this thread.

You need to revert the same scaling paradigm that has been applied to group progression missions. I went to do some TDS progression missions for a couple alts, and got steamrolled @ 110. Absolutely wrecked. I had no chance. Missions are far far FAR more difficult at 110 than they ever were when it was current content. This content need to remain as-was and shouldn't be scaled whatsoever.

What's next? Plane of Time raid instances scaling to 110?

Undo. Fix plz.
  13. Intenso Augur

Plane of fear and plane of hate raids scale wonder if the loot does
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Hardcore Heritage Plane of Time would be awesome.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Tornicade_IV Augur

Doomscale Horde I took me 25 + attempts. the 4th Wave Wardens were hard to get under control before they headshotted grelenth to death before the patch.

I would imagine the harder hitting mobs without the NPC's being scaled up would be an issue.

I am still working on The Descending Tower, normal con reds like the Foreman(as I showed in the damage taken parse) and the weak con reds like the surveyors(there is three) are now full disc mobs. I haven't even got to the Vicar yet as it takes me over an hour just to clear out the 20 yellow excavators.
    The tediousness of the Captain Russell missions was the main reason I hadn't done this before and now it looks like its gonna require a full group of 100's and still be real iffy.
    I don't even want to think about what has happened with the tower of rot and arghin hiz ha sets.
    Qazwsx likes this.
  16. YellowBelly Augur

10 years ago this thread would be three times as big. Maybe it’s best not to poke the remainder of your player base with a stick.
  17. Tornicade_IV Augur

Let looks at Eq progression before the patch
    1-75 TSS
    75-84 SOF and SOD + COTF HA , TBM gear added but missions do not scale well for these levels)
    Level 85-95 ( heroic and typical level a returning player if they aren't starting from scratch)
    COTF HA + TBM HA missions tier 2 missions, HOT + VOA
    Level 95-105 ROF, COTF, COTF HA, TBM HA
    105 EOK,,TBM, EOK HA, COTF Ha , TBM Ha
    106-110 ROS, EOK
    Now After Patch
    1-75 TSS
    76-105 Pled in EOK
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Oh, i might even agree.
    For limited time and with the guild doing it during off-season.
    But not as a "permanent" content change now, right?
    That's the thing...

Also, a HH revamp - even if temporary - also means "current" (for the time of release of the revamp) loot.
    This change, doesn't.
  19. Tamaden Elder

Can we have no scaling AT ALL on old content, or an option for no scaling to level, some times people like to go back to enjoy game as newer content just sucks more each year.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. HeatherPurrs Augur

Now new players can never catch up on progression AA. Nice job Day Break. You've officially proved you don't play EQ. This is without a doubt the most ignorant thing I've ever seen from DB devs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.